Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and new to the whole doll thing. I'm posting to the RD forum b/c it's the only type I can see myself buying. Abyss seem to be the only company who can answer yes to all 3 questions that I consider important

- great looking doll
- well made
- reliable delivery

I am married but due to a changing domestic situation and the need for a playtime companion from time to time I have been thinking about a doll. My wife won't have a problem with a girlfriend, but really, who has the time, energy and inclination? :wink:

Yes there are other dolls about but I feel that if I do buy something else I will always think - jeez just another couple of grand and I could have had a RD instead. Yes they have had their problems but the company seem to be solving the problems of the past and I see the change of management as a positive - new ideas, leadership etc.

I'm a mechanical engineer by profession who has given up the corporate nightmare to work as a university lecturer. Less money but easier life, flexible hours and nice environment. I've worked in automotive and ironically enough with rubber - natural and synthetic compounds but only a small amount of silicone experience.

I don't have the money yet, but in 7 weeks I go to the bank and start to make things happen. I am an amateur artist with an interest in photography an so a RD would suit me down to the ground. A model who doesn't need breaks or be paid and would play afterward without wining and dining first. :D

After trawling around this site and others the B7/F11 doll would be my pick. The weight factor doesn't bother me.

Sorry about the big post

Cheers

TEE

Post by TEE »

HI Mechwizard and welcome to the Doll forum :D Please take your time, there are more than 3 things to consider when buying a doll :wink:

putzzz
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by putzzz »

welcome, the b7f11 is one of my favorites ! !

sometimes one comes up for sale here on the forums......

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

Welcome!!! Sounds like you know where youre going. When I joined I already knew a Realdoll was the doll I wanted. dont be afraid to ask questions :D

manekineko
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by manekineko »

Welcome, Mechwizard. Glad you found your way here. This is a good and welcoming group.

I agree wholeheartedly with your three points. After doing a bit of research myself I realized that Realdolls were the only way to go for me. Abyss has a good reputation and the dolls are among the finest out there. It is true that there are many other things to consider such as weight, storage requirements and maintenance. If you have no issues with those, though, then I think a Realdoll is for you.

That said, keep in mind I don't have my doll quite yet. She should be arriving around the end of this month. So I'll leave it to the more experienced to speak their piece. So far, though, everything I've heard has led me to believe I made the right choice. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Paige and Monica: Album and Blog

dollylamma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

welcome

Post by dollylamma »

welcome to the forum nice choice 8) look forward to seeing her

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

MechWizard...

Welcome to TDF. You've come to the right place to get all of your quesions about dolls answered.

You might want to study the subject a bit more before you make a final decision. Abyss, although it makes a great doll, is not the only game in town when it comes to a high quality doll. There will be other manufacturers entering the doll market in the next two years and you might want to wait a bit to see what they have to offer and if it is better suited to your unique needs.

technoguy

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Welcome to the forum!

I'm a Realdoll owner myself, when I first got here, I didn't even know about the other brands, but Realdoll just had a beauty I had to have...

And just look at my avatar... I couldn't be happier :razz:

If you want to interact with us some more, visit our chatroom, it's always fun, and we love to answer questions :razz: My Jenna is usually in there around midnight Europe time.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

Welcome, and make sure to look at the Matrix. There are many other dolls, and many Realdoll combinations there. Once you get set on a combination, you then can get ideas on the look of the doll. The B7 F11 is very popular now, but Abyss has just come out with a couple new faces, something more to look at :D
http://www.dollforum.com/matrix/public_html/index.html

leaverus

Post by leaverus »

Hi, welcome. I'm fairly new too but will have a RD arriving March/April -ish. Don't listen to technoguy - he's been a member since 2004 and will perpetually be waiting for the "better" doll. If you want a doll companion now, then i really think Abyss is the one to go with. Although not my personal favortie, you can't go wrong with B7F11 - that jenny doll is a total hottie. BTW, did i read that right - your wife wouldn't mind you having a girlfriend?! Where do i find a wife like that....

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

For your situation a doll is a great solution. Terrific looking, uncomplicated, as fun as you want it to be. I like the RD because of it's most natural size, realism and fantastic appearance. Welcome to TDF, you're going to have a great experience.

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

leaverus wrote: BTW, did i read that right - your wife wouldn't mind you having a girlfriend?! Where do i find a wife like that....
Maybe some clarification: we're pushing 20 years together and as happens people change. She moved out recently to be closer to work while I wanted to stay home and for the last couple of years she is totally over the whole intimacy thing. I'm not totally happy with it but then I've been spoiled rotten for years and she has given much more to the relationship than I have, so I can't really complain now that she wants more "me" time. Even though we live seperately we still see a lot of each other and stay at each other's place, more like good friends now.

The doll thing I haven't rushed into - I've been kicking it around for nearly a year, and I also think that it will help a lot with my art which is becoming bogged down. I've won a category in a national art show and had my own 3 day exhibition at the Hilton in Melbourne which was well received, so it's something that I do want to develop further.

The idea of a silcone lady is exciting :D even though I have no first hand experience of it. A friend does actually have implants but if I try to cop a feel :twisted: she'll hit me with a blunt object and keep hitting me until I stop twitching, so I guess I'll have to wait.

Seeing pics of other dolls just makes the process harder. Jenna, Sandy and Vanessa are 3 of the stand-out dolls that come immediately to mind, but there are so many others the list would be most of the matrix.

nuzzler

Welcome

Post by nuzzler »

Welcome Mechwizard,

Take your time, ask your questions, find out about the problems people have had with their first dolls, then think about if it would apply to you. There is much knowledge to be gained here.

As far as Technoguy is concerned, just keep in mind that he knows a lot about the mechanics and chemistry involved, as well as other info. Don't avoid any member who might have critical info you could appreciate.

We're all here to help.

Nuz :D

blackbear
Ex-Member

Post by blackbear »

Hi to all participants of a forum,
I a new member.
Three days and three nights I tried to write the message, but it was not possible to me, has not thought yet to activate the registration.
I was in despair!
Thank God, has now thought.
About RealDoll has found out more recently and has been struck and surprised with realism of these essences.
Language does not turn to tell "subject".
Especially surprise photos by which does Stacy!
It seems, that Dolls in her objective camera start to breathe.
I could not refuse purchase RealDoll.
My growth of 6 foots and 5 inches, therefore I have chosen the highest lady from silicone F12/B8.
A little torment doubts why Body 8 not too is popular at owners of dolls?
Whether I am a body 8 too sports or similarly to man's?
I ask to help to understand this question.
Yours faithfully to all
Blackbear

Harper

Post by Harper »

blackbear wrote:Hi to all participants of a forum,
I a new member.
Hello blackbear! :)

And of course: Hello Mechwizard! :)

Welcome to the Doll Forum.
blackbear wrote: My growth of 6 foots and 5 inches, therefore I have chosen the highest lady from silicone F12/B8.
A little torment doubts why Body 8 not too is popular at owners of dolls?
B8 is one of the heaviest dolls. :( You'll need several weeks or a few months to learn, how to move her. Or, let's say, I needed some time to learn.

I'm happy with B8 (see: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10649 ).
AlexKnight wrote:If you want to interact with us some more, visit our chatroom, it's always fun, and we love to answer questions :razz: My Jenna is usually in there around midnight Europe time.
I'm able to look into chat in the morning (European time), that should be in the evening Australian time.

Rommie and Harper

INFORMATIONS