Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

shipping to Australia - customs fees, import duties, taxes..

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

echidna
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

shipping to Australia - customs fees, import duties, taxes..

Post by echidna »

Hi. I am in Australia and interested in a realdoll and am doing some research on the total costs. I would like to hear from someone, an australian customer ideally, about their experiences with customs and so forth.
Abyss mentions that in addition to the international shipping and handling fee of $850 there may be "additional fees, customs fees, import duties, taxes...".
If I talk to customs people about it do I say it is a mannequin or doll or sex-aid, does categorising it one way or the other effect the way the tax man views it here in Australia?
You guys in the states , of course, don't have to worry about this I guess.
Any experiences people have had would be most appreciated.
thanks

RuzzleDarling

shipping to Australia - customs fees, import duties, taxes.

Post by RuzzleDarling »

Echidna...

Welcome to the forum!

I am in NSW and my latest dollygirl arrived in February, so this info is reasonably current.

Abyss send by airfreight, you pay them with your order, they will tell you how much, expect $1,000-$1,100 U.S.D., that will bring dolly ONLY as far as your nearest international airport (Sydney, Brisbane, etc..) Will only take a few days from Cal. to Oz.

THEN>>>>>>>

Take a tip - DON'T try to handle the customs, duties, etc., yourself!! The shipping agent will do it all for a small fee, around $200; they KNOW what they're doing, you will have no drama, just have to arrange to pay them the fee, duties, etc. They do the lot.

As a private (non-business) importer you will be up for GST as well. Total bill - agents' fees, taxes, GST, etc. will be around $1,000 AUD and you simply pay the shipping agent after the doll arrives.

You will be kept informed from Abyss despatch to local airport arrival, you don't need to go NEAR customs, don't need to do anything, just talk to the agents. Easy! In fact, they will ring YOU!

Then all you have to do is pick up dolly at the airport from the agents. Or if you want, they will arrange on-freight to your place, at local carrier rates. Be prepared for an unpleasant surprise if you do the latter - the Oz freight companies sure know how to charge. I was quoted over $600 for a 4 hour delivery trip. Hire a van, go pick her up yourself.

If you DO use a local carrier, check the insurance position first - Abyss will tell you how far their insurance cover extends - but I think it stops at the airport.

Abyss shipping docs will describe the doll as a "moulded silicone structure" which doesn't seem to get anyone too excited.

Repeat - DON'T GO NEAR CUSTOMS YOURSELF!! You'll just attract attention - which will accomplish nothing and cause you aggro!!

You are welcome to PM me if you like.

echidna
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by echidna »

RuzzleDarling

Hey, thats excellent information. I'll certainly take your advice. I'm at the early stages in procuring a doll, have'nt even decided which F & B yet.

I noticed that Abyss have a URL to a victorian site that distributes the realdoll. when I went there it does'nt seem to be valid anymore??

House Of Bulger
Boutique Adult Store
T212 Grange Road, Thornbury
Victoria 3072, Australia
Phone: 9497 1811
http://www.houseofbulger.com

Just on another topic, how have you gone with getting repairs done in Oz? Do you DIY or is there a professional place to go in Oz?

see ya,

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

Hey echidna

Does that mean you're short and prickly :?: Hey just kidding.

Ruzzle's advice is as good as it gets for importing. I looked into it myself, did the research with customs and decided to contact an agent instead. In the end I didn't have to bother b/c I found the perfect doll in Perth.

Bulger are listed as an agent but they don't have much to do with RD. They can get them in, but keep no stock as the orders they get are so few and far between that keeping a doll or two on hand just isn't worth it to them. I spoke to them about one and they were happy to get one in for me but I was basically told that it would be no cheaper than if I were to organise one myself. For them to get significant deals they would have to move 100 dolls/year and I doubt that there are even half that many dolls in country at the moment. 8O

Repairs is strictly DIY in this part of the world. With experience you get better at it, and who knows, once there are enough of us maybe we can organise ourselves a bit better with a talent pool to exchange ideas and help. I don't know of anyone commercially to go to for repairs to these dolls.

If you haven't made a purchase decision yet then you've still got a lot of soul searching to do. Deciding to get a doll is the easy part - deciding which doll is hard.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,......

Also once we get more Down here we could have a BBQ get together like others do,...

I have been to House of Bulger and the pics of the RD thay have is in my Gallery....

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

J-Bob

Shipping

Post by J-Bob »

Hi, I am down here in newzealand and have been thinking about a real doll for a while now. i guess the same advice as above would apply to me?

RuzzleDarling

Post by RuzzleDarling »

playtime wrote:G'day everyone,......

Also once we get more Down here we could have a BBQ get together like others do,...

I have been to House of Bulger and the pics of the RD thay have is in my Gallery....

Playtime.
Playtime....HI!!

BBQ? Get-together? Great scheme! Your shout!

Your Bulger visit was November 2006, from your gallery pics. MW has been there more lately, and I flew down there only six weeks ago - nothing but a few old catalogues, a lack of interest, and a long sad story about there being "no money in it."

Also had a journo phone them recently asking could she go there to see a doll and receiving a very curt response.

Can't blame them, I suppose. They ain't a charity.

Am sending you a PM as well - bit more (local) info. - later today.

Prawn and crab meat rissoles, thanks, and Doctor Toohey's Holy Water - when you're ready.

RuzzleDarling

Re: Shipping

Post by RuzzleDarling »

J-Bob wrote:Hi, I am down here in newzealand and have been thinking about a real doll for a while now. i guess the same advice as above would apply to me?
J-Bob......

G'day to UnZud, welcome to the madhouse!

You are probably pretty right, things would be similar for you, BUT - I am not local!!

You could talk to Raysmod on this forum, he's a Kiwi and very well informed on things in general, suggest by PM?

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Thanks RuzzleDarling, for passing my name on. J-Bob pm me if you want.

Would advise as others have said to get a customs agent. Save a lot of problems. There aren't many Kiwi's here so keep in touch.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

Superdude
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: shipping to Australia - customs fees, import duties, tax

Post by Superdude »

RuzzleDarling wrote:Echidna...

Welcome to the forum!

I am in NSW and my latest dollygirl arrived in February, so this info is reasonably current.

Abyss send by airfreight, you pay them with your order, they will tell you how much, expect $1,000-$1,100 U.S.D., that will bring dolly ONLY as far as your nearest international airport (Sydney, Brisbane, etc..) Will only take a few days from Cal. to Oz.

THEN>>>>>>>

Take a tip - DON'T try to handle the customs, duties, etc., yourself!! The shipping agent will do it all for a small fee, around $200; they KNOW what they're doing, you will have no drama, just have to arrange to pay them the fee, duties, etc. They do the lot.

As a private (non-business) importer you will be up for GST as well. Total bill - agents' fees, taxes, GST, etc. will be around $1,000 AUD and you simply pay the shipping agent after the doll arrives.

You will be kept informed from Abyss despatch to local airport arrival, you don't need to go NEAR customs, don't need to do anything, just talk to the agents. Easy! In fact, they will ring YOU!

Then all you have to do is pick up dolly at the airport from the agents. Or if you want, they will arrange on-freight to your place, at local carrier rates. Be prepared for an unpleasant surprise if you do the latter - the Oz freight companies sure know how to charge. I was quoted over $600 for a 4 hour delivery trip. Hire a van, go pick her up yourself.

If you DO use a local carrier, check the insurance position first - Abyss will tell you how far their insurance cover extends - but I think it stops at the airport.

Abyss shipping docs will describe the doll as a "moulded silicone structure" which doesn't seem to get anyone too excited.

Repeat - DON'T GO NEAR CUSTOMS YOURSELF!! You'll just attract attention - which will accomplish nothing and cause you aggro!!

You are welcome to PM me if you like.
So we're looking at an extra $1000 on top of what we pay to abyss? thats insane...

RuzzleDarling

Post by RuzzleDarling »

Superdude wrote:
RuzzleDarling wrote:

So we're looking at an extra $1000 on top of what we pay to abyss? thats insane...
Superdude....Hi, and welcome to TDF!! Presume you're one of us Oz colonials????

If so, then YUP!! It ain't INSANE - it's called GOVERNMENT!!!

MOST of it is taxes and duties and GST..

But wherever you are in the world, gummint has its' hand out just the same. Check Vanessa's website, for example.

Funny, that.....good ol' gummint.

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

With the AUS dollar practically on a par with the USD its actually never been a better time to buy a RD new. When mine was first imported it would have cost her first owner nearly AUS12000 before taxes and duties.
If the USD keeps crashing its only going to get better.

There might be a lot more bronzed Aussie RealDolls before too long.
Beach party - yeah :!:

Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

RuzzleDarling

Post by RuzzleDarling »

Mechwizard wrote: a lot more bronzed Aussie RealDolls........
Beach party - yeah :!:

Looks like Zara's getting her G-string off for the beach party....????

Superdude
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Superdude »

RuzzleDarling wrote:
Superdude wrote:
RuzzleDarling wrote:

Superdude....Hi, and welcome to TDF!! Presume you're one of us Oz colonials????

If so, then YUP!! It ain't INSANE - it's called GOVERNMENT!!!

MOST of it is taxes and duties and GST..

But wherever you are in the world, gummint has its' hand out just the same. Check Vanessa's website, for example.

Funny, that.....good ol' gummint.
Hi, yeah I'm in Adelaide =). Thanks for the welcome, I've been lurking around here for a couple of months actually.

I put a deposit on a doll about 6 weeks ago now... before I knew the customs and costs were so much. I think I will still go through with it, but there are times where I have second thoughts and think I should invest instead. I'm only 26! Are there any other youngins around here?

Bangaroo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bangaroo »

G'day, I'm old timer too.
Btw, I'm Bangaroo. I did too though of getting RD myself for long time. But I think RD is too expensive to bring into Australia.

It's far cheaper to bring Japanese doll to here and considering they are lot easier to handle.

For these people trying to import foreign love dolls, try to make deal with agent rather than dealing with custom yourself as pointed by RuzzleDarling.

INFORMATIONS