Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

I gave Sharon a manicure. (Hey Gramps!)

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I gave Sharon a manicure. (Hey Gramps!)

Post by Szalinski »

I never liked the molded "fingernails" that came with her, the finger wire in her right pinkie had already poked through 1 or two millimeters ( about 3/32") from the base of the nail and they were starting to look bad anyway. So I splurged a whopping $17 at the local CVS pharnacy and got some short glue-on nails. Carefully trimming off the ends of the molded ones so they ended at her fingertip (don't worry, the fingerwire ends a good 5 or 6 CM (5/16") further back), I then cleaned the backs of her fingertips with isopropanol.

Selecting the nail that best fit each finger, I used the small emery board (included) and rounded the corners of the nails. Smearing a couple of drops of the cyanoacrylate gel (also included) onto the silicone "nail", I carefully applied the acryilc nail and held it there for ten seconds. twice as long as Revlon recommends, but it seems to take a bit longer to form a bond with silicone. :!: BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS STEP :!: Cyanoacrylate sticks real good to skin. and you want the nail on the simuloid's fingertip, not on yours. :oops:

Repeating the procedure with all eight fingers and the both thumbs...
DSCN0809.JPG
DSCN0809.JPG (165.81 KiB) Viewed 3368 times
...and now they're all nice and short, just like you like em Gramps! AND they look nore like the original Sharon Valerii's nails, which were also short. To say nothing of the fact that they simply look more like real nails, period. I won't have to worry about the wire end poking through the back of her finger anymore either. 8)
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Genie
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: I gave Sharon a manicure. (Hey Gramps!)

Post by Genie »

Szalinski wrote::!: BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS STEP :!: Cyanoacrylate sticks real good to skin. and you want the nail on the simuloid's fingertip, not on yours. :oops:
Yes! That stuff burns like hell and can eat through all sorts of things. Make sure you've got lots of towels and acetone-based nail polish remover on hand.

You did a great job and I love the look of a good, short French manicure.

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

Very impressive work Dr.S.This could make a "how to" sticky.I may do that very same thing to my doll.It gives it a more realistic look and I don't want to deal with fingerpokes at all.Thanks for posting this. :D :D :D

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Gramps »

Now those are the hands of a Raptor pilot! I love the look, Szalinski!

Aren't the glue-on nails quite hard, and don't they present more of a hazard to the face during wild sex than the factory nails?

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

Ahoy :angel:

thats a wonderful idea Szalinsky one that i think i will try with the air gulz this weekend thankz

you keep being a member of totally great ideas and sharring you are a treasure

fair seas

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

Ceilidh has had hard nails for years. She has only had one come off in that time, and that was three years ago. Now she more likely to loose the whole finger :( I glued them on with the Abyss adhesive after cleaning the fingers with acetone. The nail acts as a bit of protection from the wire coming through the top, but will still come out the bottom, sides, back of the nail....

Don't worry about the nail hurting you during sex. The wire will still gouge your eye out 8O :wink:

Red Heads Rule!

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

I wouldn't worry about her scratching you. Her fingertips are so floppy (as I'm sure you know by now, Gramps) it would be pretty much impossible. Gawd, how I would love to have been discovered with some claw marks on my back at least once in my life! :twisted:

Darn! I never thought of making it a tutorial/sticky; I should have photographically chronicled the procedure better! The tough part is nipping off the molded nail tips, as they are not like real fingernails, they sort of gradually blend into the finger. Do it wrong and it looks like the fingertips have been chisled.

I don't see why Abyss doesn't just make their simuloids with stubby molded nails and offer the option of longer acrylics. It certainly wouldn't cost much, and it would add yet another way customers could personalize their purchase.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

You could always ask them, but it would be cheaper if you did it.
Red Heads Rule!

Kealan
Ex-Member

Post by Kealan »

Szalinski wrote:I never liked the molded "fingernails" that came with her, the finger wire in her right pinkie had already poked through 1 or two millimeters ( about 3/32") from the base of the nail and they were starting to look bad anyway. So I splurged a whopping $17 at the local CVS pharnacy and got some short glue-on nails. Carefully trimming off the ends of the molded ones so they ended at her fingertip (don't worry, the fingerwire ends a good 5 or 6 CM (5/16") further back), I then cleaned the backs of her fingertips with isopropanol.

Selecting the nail that best fit each finger, I used the small emery board (included) and rounded the corners of the nails. Smearing a couple of drops of the cyanoacrylate gel (also included) onto the silicone "nail", I carefully applied the acryilc nail and held it there for ten seconds. twice as long as Revlon recommends, but it seems to take a bit longer to form a bond with silicone. :!: BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS STEP :!: Cyanoacrylate sticks real good to skin. and you want the nail on the simuloid's fingertip, not on yours. :oops:

Repeating the procedure with all eight fingers and the both thumbs...
DSCN0809.JPG
...and now they're all nice and short, just like you like em Gramps! AND they look nore like the original Sharon Valerii's nails, which were also short. To say nothing of the fact that they simply look more like real nails, period. I won't have to worry about the wire end poking through the back of her finger anymore either. 8)

Very nice job! Great information!

Sharon is so pretty!

Kealan

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Kealan wrote:Very nice job! Great information!

Sharon is so pretty!

Kealan
Thanks, Kealan (Sharon blushed, but says thanks too :) ) I just wish I could do something about the mottling that occurs when I powder her, it make her look like she's contracted some sort of skin disease! It comes off easily enough with isopropanol, but then she's all sticky again!
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS