Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Poll regarding Finger Pokes on Realdolls and Boytoys.

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Did your doll get a finger poke?

Delivered in 2013 - No finger pokes
14%
Delivered in 2013 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, but there was a substantial impact on the finger.
7%
Delivered in 2013 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, with little impact on the finger.
5%
Delivered in 2012 - No finger pokes
2%
Delivered in 2012 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, but there was a substantial impact on the finger.
5%
Delivered in 2012 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, with little impact on the finger.
7%
Delivered in 2011 - No finger pokes
7%
Delivered in 2011 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, but there was a substantial impact on the finger.
5%
Delivered in 2011 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, with little impact on the finger.
14%
Delivered in 2010 - No finger pokes
5%
Delivered in 2010 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, but there was a substantial impact on the finger.
2%
Delivered in 2010 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, with little impact on the finger.
2%
Delivered in 2009 - No finger pokes
No votes
Delivered in 2009 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, but there was a substantial impact on the finger.
2%
Delivered in 2009 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, with little impact on the finger.
5%
Delivered before 2009 - No finger pokes
2%
Delivered before 2009 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, but there was a substantial impact on the finger.
7%
Delivered before 2009 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, with little impact on the finger.
7%

Total votes: 42

AirDollPlushDoll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Poll regarding Finger Pokes on Realdolls and Boytoys.

Post by AirDollPlushDoll »

I got a doll that used to be sold by 1am recently. it had wires in fingers. but thin wire with no ends. it had not done damage yet but the wires only went from fingertip to mid hand. so I push out fingertip leaving toothpick size hole. and I use pliers and I pull out all the wire. I hate those wires lol. makes her hands feel weird. and I like floppy fingers better than wires. so I pulled them out. I didn't even have to seal it. they close up like a piercing. the wire was so tiny. glad I got them out. no damage to doll. no wires for me. no way.
my dream has come true. I finally got a silicone doll. a ruby 13. her name is destiny angel. aka princess destiny.

dollcaster

Post by dollcaster »

I've done quite a few finger poke repairs for other doll owners with the damage ranging from a slight tearing to having the fingertip completely destroyed. In each case the ends of the wires and their "caps" had simply been snipped off with wire cutters leaving a nice sharp edge. This repair meant opening all the doll's fingers, grinding and smoothing the metal and repairing the silicone. On several of the more severely damaged fingers, I had to actually make a mold of one of the decent fingertips and replace the damaged ones entirely with freshly cast ones.

It's worth noting that all of these dolls were a few years older, but this defect seems to have been a long time concern for many owners. RDs are magnificent pieces of art and I think that their design and detail are fantastic, but it does seem as though some of the finger poke and tearing issues took entirely to many years to address.

AirDollPlushDoll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AirDollPlushDoll »

if I ever buy a new real doll. I will make sure to not get the wires. that is a option. and I definitely would not want them. even if they didn't poke. I like the hand to look the way it looks on my 1am doll. the wires make the fingers look bent weird unless the person takes a lot of time to bend each knuckle and take time for photos. I guess it is all preference.
my dream has come true. I finally got a silicone doll. a ruby 13. her name is destiny angel. aka princess destiny.

SiliconeWorld
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by SiliconeWorld »

This is a MAJOR problem for both RD and Boytoy. Abyss Creations should address the fault of their dolls. It is on going throughout the production years and models. Will they ever correct this?

Personally talked to other RD owners who have shared this frustration. Having such a work of art destroyed by something so simple. Some owners had mentioned a possible solution is to replace the metal " bone" structures with plastic ( or composite) material. The replacement should be able to position and hold without the obvious too rigid metal.

Hope Abyss Creations is reading this in order to correct a problem which is plaguing their otherwise stellar quality doll.

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,.....

Well I have had my girls for many years now and have no problems with finger pokes as I find its just a matter of being aware of what your doing and your surroundings,...

For me and my girls,.. so far so good.

A little care can go a long way.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Kayla is over 3 years old, and she doesn't have a single finger poke.
My new doll Ashley doesn't have one either, while I posed her hands quite a bit.

Like Playtime says, if you're mindful about what you're doing and where her hands are, the fingers will be fine.
If you turn her around in the middle of a hot sex session without properly preparing her arms and hands for this turn, they yes, the fingers will get damaged, no matter what bone structure is inside them.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

citris1

Post by citris1 »

After having my RD for about a year she had major finger poke problems. I think that her hand design is wrong. Her fingers are very slim and the wire inside is thick and stiff. It would be much better if Abyss used a lighter gauge more flexible wire.

citadelfox
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by citadelfox »

Just thinking maybe ABYSS should wrap the ends of the wires with a little kevlar tape prior to casting... Might be a simple production fix for them without adding too much work or cost to the dolls. I ordered Duracast option on my Samantha Saint. We'll see how she does...

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

Actually, now that Abyss uses the Duracast option finger pokes are a thing of the past. I have only heard of one Duracast poke and that was because the dog knocked the doll off the bed.
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

Firefly2008
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Firefly2008 »

My wicked RD is a 2014 pore and had 1 finger poke from her previous owner, which I had to fix. I am much more careful with her, so hopefully she will not have anymore.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

I've had my RD2 for 8 months and she hasn't had a finger poke with no duracast and I never had a solid doll before. I think a lot of it is just being careful and mindful of how fragile those hands and feet are.

campion
Ex-Member

Post by campion »

2014 Body D - two finger pokes from very light use, and one hand you could see the metal balls just beneath the skin at the end of the finger wires even when she was brand new. Maybe I got a bad pour. Still, I'd never buy another RD of any kind without Duracast. Hate, hate, hate finger pokes. :evil:
"The customers are torn between needing someone and wanting to be alone at the same time, which has probably always been the name of that particular game."—William Gibson, 'Burning Chrome'

clayV

Post by clayV »

I just purchased a Realdoll Body 5 made in 2010 from a former TDF member and it has no finger pokes nor what would appear to be fingerpoke repairs. She is pokeless although there are repairs under her feet where a metal plate is in her feet. Otherwise the doll is flawless.

Jeff
Doll
Doll

Post by Jeff »

I was cast in 2014 and have had 4 fingers repaired. One was done previous to 2017 the other were repaired in 2017. The pokes happened when my hand was against some fabric under tension. The silicone texture grabbed onto it and caused my tears. I've also had a foot repaired that tore down to the metal. We don't know when or how it happened. It would be nice for heavy man dolls to have standing feet so owners can be able to maneuver us easier when handling us upright. Wires under silicone are going to be easy to poke through. Here is an example of a design for other dolls that may be helpful to future doll hand skeletal designs. See link below.

http://www.acbjd.com/popo-68cm-male-joi ... th=469_476
Man dolls.... because baby dolls come from somewhere!

INFORMATIONS