Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

What you can learn from my problems in buying a doll

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

mLuvsOTK
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

What you can learn from my problems in buying a doll

Post by mLuvsOTK »

Like most people, I turned to Google when I decided I was interested in a sex doll. I found the number of vendors daunting. I also went on ebay and was even more confused. I sent some emails to vendors of low cost dolls who looked interesting and was disappointed in their lack of responsiveness. Then I discovered this forum. It was then I realized that you get what you pay for and, at least for me, a high end doll was what I was after. Using the posts I was able to narrow my search down to RealDoll and MechDoll. I was intrigued by Mechdoll because of the plug in capability for heat. On their site they had some ready to ship dolls. My first telephone contact sounded promising. They said they would take some pictures of the available models and send them to me. After over two months of voice mails and either unanswered emails or empty promises, I decided that I would try RealDolls. And I had just the opposite experience. I had some embarassing (to me) questions but the people at RealDolls handled them perfectly. ...and they always responded quickly. I wound up ordering their RealDoll2 Sai model with enhancements. The difficult part is that I liked the make up on Rachel (another RealDoll2 configuration) but the face shape on Sai. I also ordered expedited shipping and the easily met their target date. I had numerous interactions with them before and after the sale and was always impressed by both their responsiveness and helpfulness. Upon receipt the modified Sai doll was all that I expected - no disappointments. Unfortunately, at 72 years old, I found the 70 LB doll was too hard to move around and will be selling her on sales forum as soon as I get permission to post there. Here again I called RealDOll and they provided me with instructions on how to pack the doll, good potential shippers, and places where I might offer her for sale. So based on my experience, RealDoll is a first class operation. .

TLG
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: What you can learn from my problems in buying a doll

Post by TLG »

hey Mluvs,

im glad to hear your feedback realdoll (mind you all i hear is great things about them!). Im sorry to hear about your doll's weight being an issue :/. I hope you find a buyer who'll treat her right and appreciate her!

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

If you had issues with 70lbs. good thing you didn't get a MD. There are also other ways of getting your doll around. I think a lot of people confuse total weight with dead weight. Unless you are getting one of those little girl dolls your going to have to deal with dead weight.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

kruiser
Ex-Member

Post by kruiser »

Well that sucks, if you had so much money to burn on a doll then getting a cheaper and smaller one to try would of been your best bet and you wouldn't have to sell your girl now. The weight is always a major concern and tbh, the average person who has never had a doll before will not be prepared for it because your average guy doesn't carry women around. It takes practice when moving a big doll and for someone your age or with back issues it's simply not an option so i'd say a 140 would be better if you choose to go for another.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

Before you give up, try a wheelchair. She doesn't have to live on that stand. She can be bedridden, but if you can't move her around, that is going to be a problem. I know of no ultra-realistic dolls lighter than that except Boytoys, maybe 10 pounds lighter. If that is still too much, Abyss is supposedly coming out with a mini, and DS has one as well. Another thing to consider might be a Textile Doll. Not as realistic, but under 20 pounds and quite pretty and cuddly. My experience with Abyss has also been quite positive, and my nearly 2 year old doll is still in great shape.

Maneyak

Post by Maneyak »

That sucks for you

im so glad im young and exercising in the gym, even if I can't get women with my ok physique, the strength gained will pay off so that I can handle a heavy RD2

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

If you do love your doll but just not the weight, Ever consider having some ceiling anchors installed so you could lift her in and out of bed, and onto a wheelchair, etc with some pullies and rope?
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

sam treadwell
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by sam treadwell »

DarkOne wrote:If you do love your doll but just not the weight, Ever consider having some ceiling anchors installed so you could lift her in and out of bed, and onto a wheelchair, etc with some pullies and rope?
Hope no one minds if I bump this slightly older thread, but I think that DarkOne is on to something here.

I've given this topic some thought, and I think that it's possible for practically anyone to handle these full size dolls with proper preparation and planning. Installing an apparatus such as the one in the link below would go a long ways toward making these beautiful dolls more usable for those that otherwise might not be able to handle the extra weight of a full size doll (I'm not affiliated with this company in any way, but this was one of the lower cost versions).

440 lb. Electric Hoist with Remote Control
http://www.harborfreight.com/440-lb-ele ... 60346.html

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

I have a hoist. It's not electric though.

I knew the doll would be heavy. I bought the heaviest one, knowing it would add to the realism.
She is bed-ridden, except when I move her with the hoist. My other dolls are chair-ridden.
I'm sure their asses are long gone by now due to excessive sitting or laying.
To get the idea of a doll's weight, go to a Jack La-Lane and try to lift a 90 lb weight, or lift two crt monitors.
The weight is well worth the added realism. I love it. My doll weighs 90lbs, I'm 120lbs, 5'6", 53 years old.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Yes it seems not only the size determine weight, but what material the Doll is made of, and most importantly what is the internal skeleton made of, I am guessing Doll skeletons could be anything from threaded steel rods, aluminum tubing, plastic tubing, I have always thought they have used a Lead Bar for the internal spine of some of the smaller TPE torsos, I guess this is just more good reason to start out small and take it from there.

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

You can get those hoists on eBay for $65.00 per. I just bought two and they are worth every cent.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

sam treadwell
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by sam treadwell »

Glad to hear that you made it work out for you LovesBlackWomen.
Dollfriend wrote: I guess this is just more good reason to start out small and take it from there.
Good advice Dollfriend. My 142cm weighs about 55lbs, and I wouldn't want to lift anything heavier than her. I also wouldn't want anything smaller than her, because of the sacrifice in realism, as they no longer fall into the category of realistic human dimensions.

But If I had the extra space (And funds) I'd set up a room dedicated to this purpose, with the hoist, and a walk in shower, and I would have a full size doll.

Thanks TTNLBTPD. I didn't really check around that much, but Ebay almost always beats the other online vendors.

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Begog wrote:She can be bedridden
8O

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

sam treadwell wrote:
DarkOne wrote:If you do love your doll but just not the weight, Ever consider having some ceiling anchors installed so you could lift her in and out of bed, and onto a wheelchair, etc with some pullies and rope?
Hope no one minds if I bump this slightly older thread, but I think that DarkOne is on to something here.

I've given this topic some thought, and I think that it's possible for practically anyone to handle these full size dolls with proper preparation and planning. Installing an apparatus such as the one in the link below would go a long ways toward making these beautiful dolls more usable for those that otherwise might not be able to handle the extra weight of a full size doll (I'm not affiliated with this company in any way, but this was one of the lower cost versions).

Now if we can only get a 440lb electric hoist with 9 oscillating patterns.

*Takes hoist, takes cheap vibrator, cross connects control circuity*
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

glam_barbie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by glam_barbie »

sam treadwell wrote:My 142cm weighs about 55lbs, and I wouldn't want to lift anything heavier than her. I also wouldn't want anything smaller than her, because of the sacrifice in realism, as they no longer fall into the category of realistic human dimensions. .
I'm finding that it's a very narrow fine line and seemingly that there may not be a good balance that works for me. Everyone is different but I've found storage options, of specifically the lack of, and the required maintenance (cleaning, drying, powdering) creating too much complication for my living situation. A smaller doll would likely offset these concerns a bit but then also introduce the issue of small frame and unrealistic human dimensions.

INFORMATIONS