Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Just abut burned up my electric drill trying to get head off

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Just abut burned up my electric drill trying to get head off

Post by TTNLBTPD »

Bolt was not properly installed and is locked extremely tight. Its been that way since I got the doll and her head has never really been on right. I hope W40 doesn't harm the silicone as I've hit that bolt with it three times now. Not sure how in the hell I'm going to get it off.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Re: Just abut burned up my electric drill trying to get head

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Hmmm...recommend deep impact socket set and1/2 inch ratchet drive....and make sure you get all the penetrent WD40 soaked up and cleaned out for a silicon gal.....as it is the additives to the propellent that can degrade the silicone more so than the oil hydrocarbons.

Get a new bolt and reinstall with some never sieze compound....as well to prevent this reoccurence... :idea:

And if you screw the thread up PM me and we will chat fixes...good luck and be patient!

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

Unfortunately a socket set isn't going to help. It's not really a bolt. More of a long screw with an almost square inset. I have the correct bit but it just won't move. Going to see if a pair of vice grips will get a good hold on it.

oneparrot2many
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by oneparrot2many »

If you can use an air ratchet it might help release the bolt. Heat also works but the flame is bad for your lady. Have you tried contacting realdoll?

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

I don't have access to an air ratchet and taking her up the street to the local tire shop probably isn't a good idea. I have not contacted Abyss. Not sure how much help they could provide anyway.

If anyone out there can confirm. This screw does loosen moving counterclockwise.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

No wd40 get reverse bore kit like this one. Use it to take it out from the head. Had to this recently
Also what model year is she? What kind of cap is on the skull oe she is the new integrated head system?

Post i pic please.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

TTNLBTPD wrote:I don't have access to an air ratchet and taking her up the street to the local tire shop probably isn't a good idea. I have not contacted Abyss. Not sure how much help they could provide anyway.

If anyone out there can confirm. This screw does loosen moving counterclockwise.
Most of us are assuming you already loosened the set screw, but that could explain the CCW problem.

Smoke
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: All Alone. With CJ, EJ,Lana,Sami,Tori,Tami,Becki,Britney and Jewel

Post by Smoke »

STOP!

Make sure you are using the proper tools.

You will need.

One 3/8 drive ratchet.
One 3" 3/8 drive extension.
One 3/8 drive 1/4" Allen key socket.

You say you already have the correct bit.?.If you have a hand ratchet with a long handle or can get one it will give you the leverage you need to break the screw loose.

tools..jpg
tools..jpg (786.42 KiB) Viewed 2916 times
Make sure that the allen key socket is the correct size. 1/4" (one quarter inch) This is essential. Make sure it is firmly seated down into the screw head. With one hand one the ratchet head and one hand on the end of the ratchet handle firmly turn to the left... Righty tighty. Lefty loosy. This is a right hand thread.Don't lose the washers between the base of the skull and the neck stump where the head mounts.. Pay attention to how these washers are positioned so that you put them back properly when installing the head. If you don't you may have problems turning the head after.

Give that a try.Hope it helps you out.

Smoke.
If the ladies don't find you handsome. Get a Doll.

Most humble servant of CJ's harem.

Please Visit CJ's Blog. https://syntheticerotica.blogspot.com/

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

Good idea Smoke. Gonna give that a try tonight. Otherwise I'll just have to pull out my trusty axe and "Off with her head."

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

TTNLBTPD wrote:Good idea Smoke. Gonna give that a try tonight. Otherwise I'll just have to pull out my trusty axe and "Off with her head."
Hey man, there is a set screw that keeps the skull bolt tight just at the top of the neck post in the rear dead center and is very possibly the reason that the bolt won't come out! If I remember, the set screw is like a 3/32 or 1/8 allen hex key type set screw(been a while since I removed a skull), did you loosen it at least one turn? If that setscrew is not loosened, the threads on the bolt and inside the neck post will be damaged if the neck bolt is screwed out! The neck post block is stainless steel also. If you loosen that set screw, the skull bolt should screw right out without any effort.

I will look for the photo that I have of the top of the neck post and post it here for you! :)

Here is the photo of the post, that set screw hole in the back top edge holds the set screw that locks the skull bolt from turning when the doll's head is turned from side to side. It will not let you remove the skull bolt if it is real tight and WILL mess up the bolt threads as the bolt is removed!
tension adjustment.JPG
tension adjustment.JPG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 2856 times

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Dodge man is the dol repair mage. Hand down listen to whatever he tells,
Remember no wd40 for your silicone lady.
I asked Amnette if i could lube my dols joints.
She said of course, not with w.d 40 and things of the like
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Smoke
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: All Alone. With CJ, EJ,Lana,Sami,Tori,Tami,Becki,Britney and Jewel

Post by Smoke »

That's very interesting Sir. I have had the heads off many of my RD dolls and never run into this set screw.. interesting.. Have they always used it or just recently?? Inquiring minds want to know. :wink: You can bet I will be checking my girls for it..

It does make sense though. This way you can tighten the bolt that mounts the head to the stump to the perfect torque that will allow the head to turn freely. Then use the set screw to lock the bolt in place and keep it from backing off. Clever..
If the ladies don't find you handsome. Get a Doll.

Most humble servant of CJ's harem.

Please Visit CJ's Blog. https://syntheticerotica.blogspot.com/

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Thanks Heavens for Smoke and Dodge...you have saved me some typing....internal socket driven impact drives....(or as some call then ratchet allen Keys).....yep...and those tooling sizes are on the movey...nice one team :thumbs_up: ..and unless it is a fuel gas thread...always lefty loosey...righty tighty.....

Also you can use roller washers with the abyss and BT lines for great head rotation to moderate overtensioning for doll neck swivel movement! :idea:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

I haven't messed with her any more but my question is how would you get at this set screw while the head is still on? Looking at Dodgemans picture it seems you would need to have the head off to access it.

Do tell more about the roller washers. Since I will be in that area may as well go ahead and switch them out.

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

Well, nm on previous post. I got to the set bolt and that is the culprit. Unfortunately that bolt is also on too tight. I am hoping I didn't bend it.

INFORMATIONS