Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

How much does it cost to customize a realdoll?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

noodles12
Active Poster
Active Poster

How much does it cost to customize a realdoll?

Post by noodles12 »

I contacted RealDoll twice last week, one through the contact form (last monday or tuesday) and one through their sales email (last saturday). I wanted to know how much does it cost to customize a head and body of the doll? I wanted to customize a doll so that it is male and have certain body features and know if it was possible? I like how realistic their dolls look through pictures on their site and on the forums here from people who own one.

FiveByFive
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: How much does it cost to customize a realdoll?

Post by FiveByFive »

Male RealDoll2's already have two different body types on their own, each of which are further customizeable. The website can help you there. Unless, of course, you mean transgender stuff, but that's easy too. They have a transgender converter that can effectively connect a penis to standard RD2 female bodies.

Both male RD2s and transgender converters have their prices and options listed on the website.
~~~~ Life is a runway. ~~~~

noodles12
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by noodles12 »

What I meant by is to have a custom build for my doll. Meaning a custom built body and head. While the female dolls are wonderful, I'm not crazy about the male dolls that are already there.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

noodles12 wrote:What I meant by is to have a custom build for my doll. Meaning a custom built body and head. While the female dolls are wonderful, I'm not crazy about the male dolls that are already there.
Sure got one of those...you know Lilith on here...

well about the same as one of these

https://www.lemonfree.com/car/Chevrolet ... W5D5100319

Anung...but the same colour :wink:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

noodles12
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by noodles12 »

Oh ok. A very interesting way to see the value of these dolls. I'm sure there are people that have dolls that cost more than their cars.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

To customize a RD is included in the price. Hair, nails, makeup, skin tone, etc.

You are seeking a whole new doll design.
Yeah, a new design head and body means a new model and mold have to be made.
And hopefully they can use a existing skeleton or that has to be custom made.

Even Lilith was based off of a existing model they already offered IIRC.

You could probably make your own silicone male doll for around 12K assuming you have the skills, workshop and most the tools already.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

noodles12
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by noodles12 »

rubherkitty wrote:To customize a RD is included in the price. Hair, nails, makeup, skin tone, etc.

You could probably make your own silicone male doll for around 12K assuming you have the skills, workshop and most the tools already.
Oh I couldn't make my own, especially if I live in a rental. My sculpting and human anatomy skills are terrible. I'm sure in the future (several years from now) they'll have a wider male doll selection but if not then that's alright. I'll have to get everything custom made even a skeleton since I want the doll to be 153cm tall and their male dolls are taller than that.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

rubherkitty wrote:To customize a RD is included in the price. Hair, nails, makeup, skin tone, etc.

The difference here is between customising and commisioning a doll line or model ....go with what is available but with the options you prefer.

With respect to a whole new line ...that would be the corvette above as per the first she devil, and even the remake set her first fella back around 12 grand or so US...only because they still had the body and face molds tucked away at Abyss....the extra cost is associated with the tinting and retrofitting an old design to a new frame.

Getting one made by a top end maker will be very pricey....as stated.

Happy hunting...Abyss has many options for the male dolls and their attachments...in a variety of lets say fittings.

If you do go for a commissioned Anung doll...cool......just dont tell Lilith :roll:

Anung :thumbs_up:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

noodles12
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by noodles12 »

Anung Un Rama wrote: The difference here is between customising and commisioning a doll line or model ....go with what is available but with the options you prefer.

With respect to a whole new line ...that would be the corvette above as per the first she devil, and even the remake set her first fella back around 12 grand or so US...only because they still had the body and face molds tucked away at Abyss....the extra cost is associated with the tinting and retrofitting an old design to a new frame.

Getting one made by a top end maker will be very pricey....as stated.

Happy hunting...Abyss has many options for the male dolls and their attachments...in a variety of lets say fittings.

If you do go for a commissioned Anung doll...cool......just dont tell Lilith :roll:

Anung :thumbs_up:
So you used an already existing model but added a custom head? I received the email back from real dolls and it looks like to have everything custom made (head and body) would cost me at least $50K. Ouch. I don't mind at most $30k (i'll have to save up longer) but for a first doll, I'm not sure I would want to spend that much.

FiveByFive
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FiveByFive »

noodles12 wrote: So you used an already existing model but added a custom head? I received the email back from real dolls and it looks like to have everything custom made (head and body) would cost me at least $50K. Ouch. I don't mind at most $30k (i'll have to save up longer) but for a first doll, I'm not sure I would want to spend that much.
Wow...if you're not really flinching at $30K, maybe you should see what they might have in store with male Realbotix instead? I realize it's all about Harmony and Denise right now but I can't imagine Matt will leave customers of other persuasions out in the cold for long.

Custom design or not, it'd certainly be a one-of-a-kind experience.
~~~~ Life is a runway. ~~~~

noodles12
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by noodles12 »

Well I would still flinch at $30K but it won't be as bad and $50k as a price is not easy number to look at. While I like the thought of having a doll that looks and feels realistic, i'm not sure I'm at that level of wanting a doll that can move their eyes and make facial expressions on their own yet.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

A budget option in the mean time could be a flexible foam male mannequin dressed in a catsuit of some type. Then you just have to add a anal entry sleeve.
Attachments
flexible mq.jpeg
flexible mq.jpeg (27.83 KiB) Viewed 3378 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

noodles12
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by noodles12 »

I can handle the wait while saving. In the meantime, I can always get a strap-on and a fleshjack (yes I know how hard it is to imagine a female using both at the same time).

noodles12
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by noodles12 »

Is it even possible to customize an already molded realdoll body? Like for a female body for example, could I make the boobs smaller or larger and have narrower hips? or would that require a completely new mold and skeletal system?

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

There were some other doll makers making male dolls that were a little smaller than RD male dolls.
You might post a thread on the "Dolls in General" or "Male Dolls" section of TDF asking for info.

INFORMATIONS