Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Abyss Magnet Face Price Increases

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Moneypenny
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Abyss Magnet Face Price Increases

Post by Moneypenny »

Yes this is very unfortunate and will definitely price a lot of people out of the market. RD has gone from Porsche pricing to Ferrari pricing! No one will dispute the quality but sadly these dolls may have to now remain only a dream just like the Ferrari poster in my garage...

It's nice to see Matt jump into the conversation and my hat goes off to him for trying to find a compromise. It's so nice to see a quality product coming from the USA but like everything else this must be incredibly difficult for him too. How do you keep quality high (while ramping up production) and still keep prices reasonable w/out selling out to China like everyone else? It would be interesting if he could come up with some kind of compromise. Maybe having some parts made in China but then having the final touches done in the USA by his artisans? Who knows. Hopefully it all works out.

blou2blou2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by blou2blou2 »

I think the price increase is a bit too much too.
But a private island beauty head alone cost 750$ without shipping, and it's sad to tell but the finition is not as well made, compared to Realdoll.
All high end silicone dolls lost a lot of costumers because of all these junk tpe and cheap china dolls everywhere here on the forum. It sucks. I personally prefer to have only one quaity doll, than to have 12 cheap dolls. And be happy and satisfy to take care of this doll alone. Anyway i only need one doll. And if my realdoll need a new face for 1000$ without shipping, i think he worth it and i will pay that price.

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Matt did reduce the magnet face prices to 750.00 after they went up to 1000.00 from where they were at 550.00. Our concerns were addressed by Matt as the result of this thread being started and hearing from many of us here about the issue and he contacted me personally about this.

I just ordered a new Michelle fair skin tone face while the sale was on for a doll that has no face and it made the price 600.00 and so that was 50.00 up from the price that they were at 550.00. That made the face a bit more affordable but, still pretty expensive for a mask type face as compared to a solid silicone full head that other creators offer at similar prices.

No matter, the only way I can justify buying faces from here on out if I need or want one is to wait for a sale so as to make them a bit more affordable. Extra spendable money does not grow on trees as much as I would like to have a money tree! LOL!

In general, people everywhere must save for a long time to afford dolls and accessories whether high quality or not and if prices get too high, people just will not be able to afford what they want.

I do appreciate what Matt did in reviewing the face prices and adjusting them to where they are now but, even where they are, many people will just decide to not buy. I have had 5 conversations with people privately that were going to order faces and now, NO ordering, they have decided to sit on the fence and I have no idea how many more have decided the same.

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

I was on the fence about ordering a face at $550 + $450 for a skull attachment.
Now that's out of the question. I fixed my old faces and they came out really great. That will be in another post. The only way I would spend over $1,000 on a face is if she looked like this.
Pamela Grier.jpg
Pamela Grier.jpg (16.5 KiB) Viewed 835 times

INFORMATIONS