Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Poll from Realdoll: What would make you a customer?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

I would buy a RealDoll if:

Poll ended at Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:44 pm

The price was under $3500
11%
The price was under $3000
7%
The price was under $2500
23%
They offer the completed robotic doll
5%
They improved customer service
1%
They made more varied faces
10%
They made a TPE doll
6%
They made a softer silicone doll
4%
They made more petite body styles
12%
They made more voluptuous body styles
8%
They made a standing doll body
13%

Total votes: 276

Knightshift
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Poll from Realdoll: What would make you a customer?

Post by Knightshift »

Dear Abyss Creations, whatever results this poll reveals, please don't ever become another TPE manufacturer. I've been in the plastics molding industry for over 20 years with a lot of experience in a variety in TPE materials. Compared to silicone, TPE is chemically inferior on many levels. I will be a customer as soon as I've set enough money aside to purchase one of your amazing ladies!
The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

MANABU wrote:I would buy a Realdoll or Boytoy tomorrow if there was an actual face that I was attracted too. Why do most of your faces look like men with make up. Its a complete turn off. There is no delicate femininity in ANY of your faces. For an example of what I am talking about (and you dont have to agree or like the same) look at the faces of sanhui. Regardless of your taste you can not deny that precious feminine gaze of Adeline. im not trying to influence anyone or promote anything im just trying to compare. Since I was 18 years old I have been looking for a reason to buy a realdoll. I still dont have one.
Most sanhui faces look like children with makeup. It's a complete turn off.

You don't have to agree.
My Doll Album is here!

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

"Most sanhui faces look like children with makeup. It's a complete turn of"

I agree!

This is example "masculine ugly face". Look photo!

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

I suppose many members would like to see prices lower and who wouldn't? I think we all understand though that top quality doesn't come cheap! A few suggestions here are interesting though for producing a slightly cheaper range with less of a 'hands on' approach which obviously pushes up the man-hours!

A smaller, lighter doll would be the way to go and one that can free stand! DO NOT START TO PRODUCE TPE DOLLS, as I think this would ruin your reputation in the market! Yes they are in some ways competition but so is a VW to a Ferrari!

There is no need to stop producing your current range or ones in the pipeline! The worldwide market for everything is slow at the moment with people watching their pennies/cents so hang in there!

My take on this is to produce a cheaper smaller standing doll as I and others said above which can introduce more people to your wonderful creations! Once they have a taste, who knows what they might want next? Don't forget the ladies (and some guys) though in making sure there's a boy doll in the lighter cheaper range!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Options:
- Entry level TPE (under $2000) with standard skeleton.
- High end TPE (over $2000) with enhanced skeleton & custom options.
- Entry level silicone (under $4000) no custom options.
- High end silicone (over $4000) full custom options & standing option with lockable hinges.
- Robotic silicone (will hit the $15K mark) full custom options.
- petite & voluptuous doll bodies (separate poll).

To Do:
- Complete new web site rebuilt with 3D configurator and high res. pics of the dolls as seen after production in different angles and views & detailed measurements on pics.
- Option to create a client account with your data.
- Financing options.

- SF -

mvcuk1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mvcuk1 »

I would love to buy a Realdoll, but the price is just too high. If you visit the Realdoll UK website, it costs approx £7,000 to buy a Realdoll. My ideal Realdoll would be the Tanya F body with the Laila head.
Tanya_Realdoll.png
Tanya_Realdoll.png (559.79 KiB) Viewed 1566 times
laila_rd2_c2_2.jpg
laila_rd2_c2_2.jpg (118.79 KiB) Viewed 1566 times
To make me a customer you would have to:

1) Significantly reduce the price of Realdolls (financing option)
2) Decrease weight between 60lbs-75lbs
3) Make a standing doll body - So the doll can be appreciated standing up as well as sitting or laying down.
4) Ship dolls in tough cardboard boxes instead of large wooden crates

Maneyak

Post by Maneyak »

You guys can already consider me a potential future customer. I'm just waiting for the day that more asian faces come out. That is until other high end Japanese companies create more anatomically correct bodies with bodies that are easier to maintain (e.g: hardened hands for less finger pokes and realism). But because Japanese companies are often opposed to change and technological progress (no hate, just an observation), it would seem unlikely for them to do so within the next 10 years.

Also, I would disagree with you guys selling TPE or cheaper products. Do not ruin your current image of a high-end high-quality brand. There is a reason why Chanel, LV, Hermes bags are the most sought after bags compared to your $10 made in China bag from your local supermarket.

If you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing nobody. Stay true to the image that you've created and that we all see you as and respect. Do not change because of the masses' emotions.

Abyss
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Abyss »

I would like to thank you all for your valuable input. There was a wealth of insight throughout all these replies, and I'm going to take all of this in to account and see what we can come up with.

Have a great rest of your weekend.

Matt
Abyss Creations, LLC.
Sales - sales@realdoll.com (All Sales)
Media - media@realdoll.com (All Media Requests)
Phone - (760) 471 8418
Address -Abyss Creations
475 East Carmel Street
San Marcos, CA 92078

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

I have a Body D with 2 faces and a BT3. Honestly the only way you could improve customer service is to have more people doing what Annette does, and as well as she does it. You guys have great service and a wonderful product. I am VERY happy with my girls. Thank you Matt for your hard work and dedication. By posting this poll and replying personally, you are indeed demonstrating values that had made Abyss what is today.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

Chop the niche answers, chop the price answers and you're left with a more petite body, a wider variety of faces, and an improved skeleton.

Personally I think the skeleton should have been done long before they started down the AI path, but I have the perspective of the consumer and not that of the provider.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I think perhaps you are right there upsux! AI development is expensive and the dolls containing it will not be cheap either! To me it is an unnecessary development because technology in that field is only in its infancy. There may be a market for it but, in my opinion, it will be very limited because of costs involved. The old phrase supply and demand comes to mind here! Is it worth pursuing at this stage? Personally, I think not, considering the world economies just now. Maybe put that on the back burner for now and concentrate on the here and now!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

LJ69
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by LJ69 »

A much more busty doll and/or super busty torso doll.

Also more new faces and the ability to buy in a package deal - ie 1 body and 3 faces for discounted price.

TripleB
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by TripleB »

I would buy a real doll if...

I knew my wife would be ok with it. I would love a body F. I will reiterate that you should keep what you have as your core, as I could fulfill multiple fantasies with your range. I agree that a price point within the $3-4K range without sacrificing current quality would be worth it for a lot more of us. If quality would have to be sacrificed, keep the price where it is. I would really like to see torso versions of all the bodies available. I realize this is probably cost prohibitive from a manufacturers standpoint, but I would rather see a torso version (less material) than a lesser quality real doll. The variety available for torsos just isn't there. Some more R&D and customer input will probably be required to help dial in this niche. A torso is much more convenient for storage and maneuverability for us customers who need to try and be more discreet, but crave a real doll.
JM 75cm Angel C

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I can see where you're coming from TripleB but in my opinion the whole point of Realdoll is that they look REAL! A torso never does to my mind!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

If it Aint Broke Don't Fix It....Let Abyss continue to Be the Ideal and provide The Ferrari's of the Industry, whatever the cost, and let The Far East continue to Mass Produce Dolls for us not so Affluent, Most American Smaller Sized (Budget Priced )Silicone Doll Manufacturers, have closed business in the Last couple of years. do not follow this trend.... :puppydogeyes:

INFORMATIONS