Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Poll from Realdoll: What would make you a customer?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

I would buy a RealDoll if:

Poll ended at Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:44 pm

The price was under $3500
11%
The price was under $3000
7%
The price was under $2500
23%
They offer the completed robotic doll
5%
They improved customer service
1%
They made more varied faces
10%
They made a TPE doll
6%
They made a softer silicone doll
4%
They made more petite body styles
12%
They made more voluptuous body styles
8%
They made a standing doll body
13%

Total votes: 276

ShroomLvr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Poll from Realdoll: What would make you a customer?

Post by ShroomLvr »

my vote was the robotic body, I'm sure it will add more realism to the experience. And more faces, hopefully more Asian faces too.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Yep the only way I could afford a Realdoll/Toboy, etc. would be to buy a used Doll, Unless I won the Lotto or Something, so Price Is the Biggie for me, to purchase one of these Dolls New would definately put me in a Very uncomfortable financial situation :puppydogeyes: Not sure if Abyss would or should ever Do TPE, but this was also my choice.

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

It's not always true, that you get what you pay for.
Computers have come down in price, so you can get something better today with less money, than in the past. If dolls are mass manufactured, you can get a better doll for less money.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I don't plan on getting any more dolls in the foreseeable future. But the price is what kept me away from RealDolls in the past. They were certainly at the top of my wish list, but I could never come up with the kind of money that they currently sell for. :(
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

LovesBlackWomen wrote:It's not always true, that you get what you pay for.
Computers have come down in price, so you can get something better today with less money, than in the past. If dolls are mass manufactured, you can get a better doll for less money.
You have a good point there LovesBlackWomen, i think what drives the cost of a RD up so high is the amount of hand work involved. If they were to adopt some of the techniques used in Asia to cut down on the production time and price it would undoubtedly make them more affordable, but it also may take away some of the uniqueness to the product that i think a lot of their current customers love about them.

Regardless, if they were to introduce a new affordable entry level body, i think a lot of people me included would be interested in it as a compromise, knowing they are buying from a well established American brand with high quality standards for their products. Even if it is of slightly lower overall quality and less detailed in comparison to their current line up of full priced bodies.

I know i would seriously consider it when shopping for my next one.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Your reputation for customer service and safe, reliable shipping is well established!

Personally, I'm waiting for you to revisit the Body 9 concept, and go with an even bigger-breasted doll. See what you can do!
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

irishgirl
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by irishgirl »

neesa333 wrote:How about financing?
That's the option I wanted up there! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: IG
SEXY LEXI 135YL
D'arcy WM head #36..
London WM 118 twin
Ireland WM 118 twin
Mz.B
and a few miniature's..
[/color]BCD MAKES DOLL DREAMS COME TRUE TOO... just ask London!

Anywhere you go, there you are!!!
https://www.ebay.com/usr/igmagneticjewelry

kruiser
Ex-Member

Post by kruiser »

We all know that real doll is pretty much the best doll maker for realism but what's not realistic is expecting people to pay such a huge amount of money for one. I'm sure you make plenty of profit but i'm betting you don't make anywhere near as much as WM now who have climbed in popularity this past year. If you take a look at RLSD you will see the massive collection of dolls they now have. Last year it was less than half that but now they have all kinds and cater to a big portion of potential doll buyers. I personally feel that you need to step up your game and make a doll that is affordable for the general public and not just the rich otherwise you will be left in the wind and not have enough funds to invest in your robotic dolls to make further profits and expand.
So i'm going lower cost and make a TPE doll.

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

That's an unfair comparison.
Ferraris make better cars, but the cheap car makers make way more money.
I'm sure the people that sell blow-up dolls also have a lot more customers too.
But I'm too good for a Blow-Up Doll or a cheap mannequin.

Youli
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Youli »

As someone who's looking to break into this community, I'd say a little more affordability and perhaps more flexibility in financing.

Just to share a bit of my experience trying to get into this world, I've spent many weeks reviewing different manufacturers, the quality, production time, options, shipping methods, etc. RealDoll was always a brand that stood out on many fronts.

I wanted to start out with a deluxe athletic torso to test the waters, and see whether I'd be a repeating customer with the company. Unfortunately I've been trying to order my first doll for a little over ten days though. The customer service agent I've been speaking to is very friendly and helpful, I don't want give the impression otherwise. But I've received a response about once per week for the last two weeks, and one of the biggest goals for me is to get the doll delivered before the holiday period where family would be in town and could be peaking in boxes that are delivered, especially heavy large ones. The dolls are apparently entered into queue once down payment is submitted so I'm just looking at the window for the end of the year in that regard. Again, new person to this whole world so if this is common I apologize. I've just never had to go through an extended delay to pay for an order. :)

Another thing as a prospective new buyer is prices and payment. You guys allow payment installments that allow the order to move through the wait queue, but not enter production until paid in full. For some of the more pricier products though you may benefit from a monthly payment plan. Maybe a minimum down payment + monthly where the doll would go into production. Chances are with the development time lengthy it'd be paid at or near the end anyways.

One more thing that I looked at everywhere including RealDoll when researching is shipping packaging. Having a huge crate limited my options in what I could get. Not only in terms of storage space, but also drawing attention if you want to be discreet. At that point, what's on the label doesn't matter as a crate of that size will create questions. I was glad to see some products such as the torsos, boytoys and two of the wicked models were shipped in padded cardboard boxes. But again it prevented me from getting products I otherwise would have gotten. ( I would have liked to purchase a wicked Asa Akira in the future for example, if everything works out with my first order). If there were a way to give users the option to go padded cardboard for other products I imagine that would open up more opportunities for others out there who can't risk or store a massive wooden crate.

And lastly more screenshots. For example I inquired earlier in my email exchange about breast enhancements on the deluxe torso athletic. There are no images anywhere on the web for it, including the main site. I received a picture from the CS rep, but it was a front shot so I couldn't really distinguish the difference from the regular. At the time I didn't want to ask for a different angle as I didn't want to come across as ungrateful for the picture. But as I have a lot of time since I'm still waiting on the info for sending payment, I've come to question whether I should request the breast enhancement. Though without seeing better angles (side, angled) or even preferably a video demonstrating it and the softness I'm not too sure.

But those are just my thoughts as a newbie to this community and someone looking to purchase their first doll. :)

pastydude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pastydude »

I've always dreamed of getting an Abyss doll. I always meant to, but could never save up that much money and am too impatient. I applied for Paypal credit and only got $3k limit. Tried to wait. I then bought a silicone Virgin Rose Doll factory second for $1200. Paid it off. Then JM Doll had a massive price cut. Then DS Doll reintroduced the 100cm mini.

To summarize, I now have 6 silicone dolls for $4000 (shipping included.) (142cm, 100cm, 83cm, 80cm, 75cm, 65cm). Minis seem to be in my price range.

This amount was financed and paid over 2 years time. Before Abyss's recent introduction of the new entry level base model Real Doll, that sum amount wouldn't have purchased a doll on sale, let alone with the added cost of shipping. I'm not attacking you for this at all, the best craftsmanship cost $$. I'm just relating why I've only been able to stare at Abyss dolls on the web for 4 years. You guys are the best, I just wish I could afford you.

I did manage to stick with silicone. Some day I hope to still get an Abyss doll....

pastydude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pastydude »

Youli wrote:
If there were a way to give users the option to go padded cardboard for other products I imagine that would open up more opportunities for others out there who can't risk or store a massive wooden crate.
I get what you are saying, but personally, I love Abyss packaging. Having ordered half a dozen dolls over the years (all in cardboard boxes), shipping has always been really scary. I see so many dolls getting damaged during shipping on this forum. One of my boxes was trashed. Some manufacturers I'd love to order from, but I know their packaging is sub-par and I don't want to risk getting a damaged doll that cost so much $$$. So I'd never order from them because of it. :)

MANABU
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MANABU »

I would buy a Realdoll or Boytoy tomorrow if there was an actual face that I was attracted too. Its a complete turn off. There is no delicate femininity in ANY of your faces. For an example of what I am talking about (and you dont have to agree or like the same) look at the faces of sanhui. Regardless of your taste you can not deny that precious feminine gaze of Adeline. im not trying to influence anyone or promote anything im just trying to compare. Since I was 18 years old I have been looking for a reason to buy a realdoll. I still dont have one.
Last edited by TJ_Foxx on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed: 3a - Try to keep your comments 'objective' rather than 'subjective' when posting critique. If you do not like the looks of something, be polite - don't be rude. Simply say it does not appeal to you.

wackyphill
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by wackyphill »

It would be great if the weight could be reduced without compromising on the quality.

violette_22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by violette_22 »

A 6' tall, 6 pack abs man doll that doesn't weigh over 100#. It's not an option on your poll, but the market is completely lacking in what half the world's population would probably find sexually attractive.
Anatomically Correct Adult Doll owner since 2013, Dollhouse miniaturist since 2009, lifetime fan of dolls!!!

INFORMATIONS