Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Poll from Realdoll: What would make you a customer?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

I would buy a RealDoll if:

Poll ended at Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:44 pm

The price was under $3500
11%
The price was under $3000
7%
The price was under $2500
23%
They offer the completed robotic doll
5%
They improved customer service
1%
They made more varied faces
10%
They made a TPE doll
6%
They made a softer silicone doll
4%
They made more petite body styles
12%
They made more voluptuous body styles
8%
They made a standing doll body
13%

Total votes: 276

BigBurrito

Re: Poll from Realdoll: What would make you a customer?

Post by BigBurrito »

Harley Davidson makes sweet bikes at a cost, but sell a cheaper entry level scoot , a 500cc V twin called the Street, and finance their bikes, so you can get a high end Ultra Glide fer 25,000+ or a cheaper model. RealDolls is like the HD of lovedolls, made in THIS COUNTRY, and designed by true artist, but if financing was available, would help with new customers, and mass produce their most popular lines would help with the price to the end user, and not compromise on their quality, just like the boys in Milwaukee. I admire Matt's talent.

Bazinga
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bazinga »

Dollfriend wrote:Most American Smaller Sized (Budget Priced )Silicone Doll Manufacturers, have closed business in the Last couple of years. do not follow this trend.... :puppydogeyes:
Ok I'm going to be brutally honest here. Really the reason most American smaller budget silicone doll manufacturers have closed their doors are:
1)Their quality issues.
2)Their packing issues resulting in damage.
3)Their refusal in most cases to improve their product or skeletons.
4)Constant increases in prices or just never having sales or price drops.
5)In some cases shoddy customer service.
6)The rarely ever putting out new faces.

Just to name a few issues, but those companies still got our business because we had no one else to buy from at the moment and they knew it. China seen an opportunity and offered us cheaper dolls at low low prices and customers left those previously mentioned companies and ran to the better deal and more opinions, and who can blame them. To be honest in the years that the Chinese companies have been offering us dolls they have been improving over time. Yes they are not perfect but for that price point you often get more than you pay for.

Realdoll is an awesome company and I'm glad to see them open to improvements to make things better and to get new customers. It shows growth and willingness to listen to the customer and that's already alot more than some other companies offer. I hope they find a way to bring their price point's down so we can enjoy these beautiful dolls in our own homes, and not just drool looking at them on our computer screens for years because we can't afford them like myself and so many others have done.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
-Archimedes

jm6o8u
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by jm6o8u »

I voted for The price was under $2500 & They made a standing doll body.

Innovate or die.

I would also like to see weight reduce to 50 ponds or under on a doll body 6'

A removable skin option making it easier to fix the internals when thy go wrong or for upgrading when new options come out.

Can you do this we will see.

Quater

Post by Quater »

Your dolls are perfect save for their weight. Due to my living situation I'd prefer a light doll that is easy to stash and whip in and out of hiding. Any chance of a reissue of the Boy Toy Lite?

Maneyak

Post by Maneyak »

Dollfriend wrote:If it Aint Broke Don't Fix It....Let Abyss continue to Be the Ideal and provide The Ferrari's of the Industry, whatever the cost, and let The Far East continue to Mass Produce Dolls for us not so Affluent, Most American Smaller Sized (Budget Priced )Silicone Doll Manufacturers, have closed business in the Last couple of years. do not follow this trend.... :puppydogeyes:
Agreed. No point in begging Ferrari to become Ford, when there's Ford already. And Toyota, and Honda, etc.

Knightshift
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Knightshift »

I've always wanted a RealDoll, never thought I could afford one. Now I'm at a point where I know I will be getting one. If you consider their earlier dolls and compare them to all the new innovations on the current lineup, ask yourself, Why did they improve? Because they listen to their customer base, that's why. I'm sure there are some things that Matt and his crew came up with just because they knew such improvements were awesome, but many of their upgrades were the direct result of listening to the problems encountered by their consumers. Better silicone, better skeleton, improved inserts, improved finger wires, firmer hands and feet, etc. Quality and innovation come at a price and profit is not a dirty word. They could offer cheaper quality and hope to snag their share of the volume consumer, or, continue to be what they are and cater to the consumer who is willing to pay for the very best the industry has to offer.
The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.

Ghosta

Post by Ghosta »

1) Lower shipping costs dramatically in line with other manufacturers. No one wants a 120 lb. 6' wooden crate. Ship RDs in a strong cardboard carton (or optional aluminum case) like the Boy Toys with fail safe packing materials. Then get rid of Seiko as your shipper. No one wants to pay $500 shipping in addition to the doll.

2) No more 4-6 month waiting times. Hire more people to get the waiting time down to maximum of 2 months (with standard options included).

3) Finger/toe nails that don't chip off. More realistic back-door that is reinforced. More easily flexible skeleton that is still tight enough to hold a pose in all positions.

Abyss products are top of line in this industry regarding realism and engineering. All the heads and bodies are beautiful and unique from each other with plenty of options available. Quality overall is top notch. Keep up the great work.

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

gosta75 wrote:
2) No more 4-6 month waiting times. Hire more people to get the waiting time down to maximum of 2 months (with standard options included)

Abyss products are top of line in this industry regarding realism and engineering. All the heads and bodies are beautiful and unique from each other with plenty of options available. Quality overall is top notch. Keep up the great work.
I agree!
People who are buying first doll, they really do not want long waiting time. I did mistake when sold my previous doll after BT order. Waiting was infernal.

BoyToy shipping cost to europe is 900€ (with strong cardboard).

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

The faces pout rather than being about to come to life . . . In real life the women wouldn't be my cup of tea - objectionable bitches. The sort that simply demand all the time. When making an effigy of the human one might consider what sort of human the effigy is of.

I thought I saw that smiling versions were available but haven't seen many.

Standing is important.

Price is important.

But there's something else. When shown a photo of _any_ doll, the penetration of Real Doll into the psyche of the market is such that people will associate "Real Doll" with a doll of any brand.

It's for this reason that Real Doll could really be a one-stop-shop selling all types of doll from TPE to Hi-end.

Today a photographer asked me about a photo location and I mentioned that I had some tame models and sent him a couple of photos. The response says all
Ha!..real dolls!
Yes we have seen these. We were thinking of getting one a while back.
Best wishes

Harem

AhMyDolless
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by AhMyDolless »

Faces and price, though for price I said under $3500 since I figure you guys already make the highest quality doll in the business that it warrants that for a mid to top of the line.

I should have added height/weight though because they are as heavy as they are realistic looking.
Obligatory Statement: In my opinion.

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

[quote="gosta75"]
More realistic back-door that is reinforced.

Ultra realistic back-door looks good but it is difficult for service (cleaning).
Present back-door feels good and is easy to clean.

Smoke
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: All Alone. With CJ, EJ,Lana,Sami,Tori,Tami,Becki,Britney and Jewel

Post by Smoke »

0osik wrote:Too late.

As I think about my two Boy Toy's I've come to the conclusion that I'm a very satisfied customer.

I'm with 0osik.. :wink:

TPE Guys?? Really??? 8O

I hope to hell it never has to come to that! :(
If the ladies don't find you handsome. Get a Doll.

Most humble servant of CJ's harem.

Please Visit CJ's Blog. https://syntheticerotica.blogspot.com/

selobl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by selobl »

Smoke wrote:
0osik wrote:Too late.

As I think about my two Boy Toy's I've come to the conclusion that I'm a very satisfied customer.

I'm with 0osik.. :wink:

TPE Guys?? Really??? 8O

I hope to hell it never has to come to that! :(
+1 I will be a repeat customer. The artistry and build quality are amazing. :D :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

I'm waiting for something a little more next-gen, like articulated finger skeletons and user-configurable joint tightness - I mean I can set them tight or loose based on immediate use.

The Realbotix head looks quite interesting...

If money were no object, sure I would pick up a couple more today. As it is, I want to wait for the next leap.

arnomartes
Ex-Member

Post by arnomartes »

Big Breasts like Body9...:-)

arnomartes
Ex-Member

Post by arnomartes »

:multi: Big Boobs

INFORMATIONS