sexyrealsexdolls.com

Plush Wigs

Wigs, replacement eyebrows and eyelashes, and other hair related items.
Coyote9
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Plush Wigs

Post by Coyote9 »

I HATE WIGS!!!!!! :tongue:
IM000338.JPG
IM000338.JPG (953.53 KiB) Viewed 12408 times
Sure they look great at first, but after 5 minutes of play their, done for man, finito, kaput, astalavistsa baby. Brushing starts the process of striping away hairs, eventually making the wig less full, depending on your skill at working out knots. And let us not forget those nasty little hair fibers in the velcro.
I HATE WIGS!!!!!! :deadhorse:

But I remember seeing a wig done by Abyss for dwhite601.
Courtesy of dwhite601
Courtesy of dwhite601
Birthday1h_27.jpg (178.1 KiB) Viewed 12408 times
I really thought this was a neat idea, looking like the hair from anime collectables. But I also thought that by changing the material I could get a similar look with a nice soft, floppy, stroke-able feel. :turn-l:
IM000337.JPG
IM000337.JPG (928.31 KiB) Viewed 12408 times
IM000336.JPG
IM000336.JPG (1006.85 KiB) Viewed 12408 times
These plush wigs are easy to maintain, never need brushing, & seem to stand up to gentle cycles in the washing machine and dryer. :rainbowafro:
Connection to the scalp could be accomplished in many ways as it would be ease to sew fasteners to.

I will be working on a 3rd style over the next couple of days (thick layered shoulder length in camel) and will post pics when finished.

In the meantime I would love some feedback on a 4th hair style. If you would like to see a certain anime type hair style please send some pics to this post of what you'd like to see me work on for my 4th wig. I have 2 yards of black left for this project.

Peace,
Coyote

GFELube
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Plush Wigs

Post by GFELube »

If I were requesting this for my future teddy-babe, who will ship with long curly hair (which I have heard horror stories about, so it will only be used for photo shoots), then I would want some form of plush wig that would simulate curls, either in a semi-short afro or long curls or waves.

That would probably be way too labor-intensive for your project, however. I am liking the concept, though; keep innovating!

Coyote9
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Coyote9 »

Thanks for your feedback GFELube!
IM000346.JPG
IM000346.JPG (1.04 MiB) Viewed 12325 times
IM000347.JPG
IM000347.JPG (1.09 MiB) Viewed 12325 times
IM000348.JPG
IM000348.JPG (1.09 MiB) Viewed 12325 times
I was going to do this thick layered wig in straight locks, but was looking for some direction. So I have started this piece with my 2 yards of Camel Ultra Fur. Cutting the locks in a spiral, I used an octagonal based pattern, but softer curls could be accomplished with a rounder pattern. It is about half the volume of where I intend to go with this, as I get ready to commit my 2 yards of Black to curly locks which I'll be interweaving with the Camel to finish this wig out. I'll post more pics when it is done.

A couple of other experiments look like they might be feasible for making curly locks.
Bottom right in brown-Straight triple lock with elastic band with slip stitch.<br />Top right in brown-Straight triple lock with twist sewn in (bottom lock is preferred method)
Bottom right in brown-Straight triple lock with elastic band with slip stitch.
Top right in brown-Straight triple lock with twist sewn in (bottom lock is preferred method)
IM000350.JPG (741.13 KiB) Viewed 12325 times
In the above photo, I have a couple of straight triple locks used in my other wig designs.
The bottom one has an elastic cord sewn with a slip stitch on one edge of each lock before turning R.S.O. After turning R.S.O. the elastic can then be tightened giving me a range from extra kinky to a slight body wave. This has a lot of possibilities so I'll plan to use this in a wig soon.
The top one was 3 experiments at twisting the locks and then stitching a straight line through the twists. The bottom lock is the only version worth repeating.

Coyote9
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Coyote9 »

Bode's Broads: more influences for my dolls
Bode's Broads: more influences for my dolls
autumn.jpg (152.46 KiB) Viewed 12325 times
Until their done, Mila and Femlin are enjoying their new wigs so much I just can't seem to get any rest.

Peace Coyote.

Chiiguy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chiiguy »

I am VERY interested in this. Please keep posting on how this goes.
<br />Anything that is made
by man starts as a dream before becoming reality.<br /><br />

Obin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Obin »

Coyote9, this idea is great!

I am curious about the fabric doll you show. Did you make that? Do you have more pix?

Also, please do keep up the work on the wigs.

Coyote9
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Coyote9 »

Thanks Chiiguy and Obin for your interest.

The dolls above represent 2 prototypes than I have been developing for the last 8 months. These wigs, along with a few more details are some of my last patterns to develop. Once I have completed these 2 dolls I will be posting a business plan and start work on 3 first run Velour Vixens, to be sold on eBay as they are finished.

Their is a link in my signature below to my doll album showing my progress on this project.
I've been using this sight to blog about my work. If you check my past posts found under my profile you should be able to find enough info to fill in a lot of gaps.

In the mean time I will keep posting as this project progresses.
Femlin and Mila
Femlin and Mila
IM000332.JPG (989.19 KiB) Viewed 12285 times
Peace Coyote

Chiiguy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chiiguy »

Thanks for the info! I'm interested in seeing where you wind up with the plush wigs. If all works out well I might be interesting in trying one for Sachiko.
<br />Anything that is made
by man starts as a dream before becoming reality.<br /><br />

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

Yay!

Hee hee! :P

Mmmm goth girls....... :twisted:
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Coyote9
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Coyote9 »

I never finished this wig, as I am not really liking the blonde and black together.
Thick curly locks in Black and Camel
IM000362.JPG (834.83 KiB) Viewed 12060 times
I think I will take it apart and use a brown with the remaining camel giving me two more natural colors together. And mixing in some royal blue with the remaining black for a cool goth look to make cosycottage happy :multi:
IM000358.JPG (844.73 KiB) Viewed 12060 times
This wig weighs in at 3 lbs. 13.20 oz. and used 4 yards of Ultra Fur. But for creating the sense of hugging a Frazetta Femme, Bode Broad or Neimans Femlin it really delivers an impressively lush mane.
frazetta girl copy.jpg
frazetta girl copy.jpg (75.62 KiB) Viewed 12060 times
Single ponytail w/ long side bangs in Lavender Zebra
IM000357.JPG (1.18 MiB) Viewed 12060 times
I wanted to show more range and suggestions of what might be possible in these wigs, so here I wanted to suggest a much more styled anime do.
IM000356.JPG (1.1 MiB) Viewed 12060 times
If you like anything you have seen and are interested in acquiring one of my wigs please feel free to send me a PM.
I can offer a wide choice of colors and animal prints as well a variations on the ideas presented.
Suggested prices for the styles presented thus far:
Double ponytail with bangs $75 (14.50 oz.)
Single ponytail with long side bangs $100 (1 lb. 10.55 oz)
Long straight locks with bangs to one side $140 (sorry no weight yet)
Thick curly locks $275 (3 lb.. 13.20 oz.)
I can offer quotes for anything custom that uses any of the techniques I've developed so far.
Concerns about fitting and attachment can be addressed by posting to this thread.

It will be really cool when I can see my wigs popping up in pics of your dolls. :mrgreen:

Peace,
Coyote

Coyote9
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Coyote9 »

I will be making a 3/4 size wig for aesopsfabulous this weekend, and I thought I would go ahead and post pics of an extra long wig I made for TedyBare a couple of weeks ago.

I'll use only one layer of polyfelt to two layers of ultra stretch fur, for my wigs.
All pieces have been sewn and are ready for turning.
IM000027.JPG
IM000027.JPG (905.66 KiB) Viewed 8118 times
After a little more sewing I'm ready to attach the velcro hook to the inside.
IM000028.JPG
IM000028.JPG (745.47 KiB) Viewed 8118 times
And some pics of Caramel modeling it.
IM000029.JPG
IM000029.JPG (1.76 MiB) Viewed 8118 times
IM000030.JPG
IM000030.JPG (1.15 MiB) Viewed 8118 times
IM000032.JPG
IM000032.JPG (1.89 MiB) Viewed 8118 times
Peace,
Coyote9

Rokkuman

Post by Rokkuman »

Very Cool!

You have peaked my interest good sir!

Coyote9
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Coyote9 »

AceOfSpades wrote:Very Cool!

You have peaked my interest good sir!
Thanks AceOfSpades :mrgreen:

Aesopsfabulous wig is a 3/4 or a 16-17" size for a Mini Love Doll
Here is the second layer that will lie over the head band.
image.jpg
image.jpg (195.61 KiB) Viewed 8062 times
And the first layer and bangs on a My Size Barbie.
MSB has about 14" head so this is a little oversize on her.
image.jpg
image.jpg (236.46 KiB) Viewed 8062 times
This wig is about 17" and will have a drawstring under the headband.
image.jpg
image.jpg (239.77 KiB) Viewed 8062 times
I should have this done tomorrow.

Peace,
Coyote9

aesopsfabulous

Post by aesopsfabulous »

I'm looking forward to seeing how my wig turns out and thanks for all the photos coyote9. I also wanted to comment that for those of us ordering these wigs for silicone dolls, I really think a fabric covered elastic band built into the inside would be a big selling point for keeping everything in place that you really can not do well with a standard wig.

I also wanted to point out that part of my attraction is the idea of a night time wig for my MLD so I don't have to deal with entanglements and I also get another snuggly aspect to her in the process!

I love the brown one you added, it is glorious! I almost feel like it needs even a little more layering to cover the side where you have the "part" in the hair, it is so large and flowy, has an amazing look to it!

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

Sorry, I so totally have to dig this one up!
Thank you, Coyote9, for this great idea and inspiration! Maybe you remember me asking you for one of the plush wigs. You gave me a really decent qoute, but I was too impatient and tried on my own. The outcome is really good enough, so let me show you:

#1 The dreadlocks:
They're about what I had in mind when I asked you.

#2 The braid:

#3 The punk:
DSCF4366.JPG
DSCF4366.JPG (374.26 KiB) Viewed 6531 times
In the last picture you can also see a photo of Karrot's Pinky, I also made her the pink "Moptopus" you can see there, a dread style wig in pink. And I still wonder what's gonna be next...

All that hair was fabricated out of microfibre plush blankets (terribly soft for machine sewing!), they were my first real sewing jobs, and I even bought the sewing machine for this! Later on I had some help, though:
20141011_163711.jpg
20141011_163711.jpg (334.66 KiB) Viewed 6531 times
Once more: Thank you. Keep up your great work with your plushies.
CU cuddly and Lian

INFORMATIONS