sexyrealsexdolls.com

"Natural" African wig?

Wigs, replacement eyebrows and eyelashes, and other hair related items.
Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

"Natural" African wig?

Post by Szalinski »

I'm looking for a short natural/afro-style wig for Lala. I'm not talking about the big neon dandelion afros that you see in the cos-play aisle, but what used to be called a "natural" back in the early '70s. IOW, just how a black persons hair would look if it wasn't picked, straightened, relaxed, braided, "dred" loced or jeri-curled. Just allowed to grow.

Does such an animal exist? and do any of y'all actually know where can I find one (please, no "have you tried here?"s).

It doesn't have to be long, in fact, I would prefer shorter.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: African "Natural" wig?

Post by Dollarhyde »

Here's a website you might want to look at http://humanhairwigs.org/africanamericanwigs.aspx

Happy hunting :D
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Re: "Natural" African wig?

Post by stacy718 »

This one looks fantastic and it's not even styled:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lace-Front-100- ... 697wt_1165

If you pic it yourself and give it a little lift it will be perfect. It's actual human hair, so it's as authentic as it gets.

While pricy, human hair wigs are by far the best- especially the lace front such as the one in the auction. I own several for the dolls and having been using them in my recent photos. All you have to do is cut the lace front just along the edge of the hair and they look wonderful on dolls.

In fact, I like this wig so much, I'm going to order one right now.

:)
S

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Close, Stacy. But from the picture it looks as if the hair has been straightened and "pleated" with an iron.

I want untampered with African "hair" (real or synthetic). As it grows from the head.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

Szalinski wrote:Close, Stacy. But from the picture it looks as if the hair has been straightened and "pleated" with an iron.

I want untampered with African "hair" (real or synthetic). As it grows from the head.

If you've ever seen natural Black persons hair wet from a shower (I have MANY times) then you know the hair looks like that in some places.

But whatever makes your day, good luck.

jaques

Post by jaques »

Stacy's right. My hair looked just like that when it was longer

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

I took a more detailed look, and it is very close, but it still looks curled, albeit very tightly curled. It could easily pass, but it's still a bit long. I want something that won't be in my face when I'm holding her close in bed (which I'm doing every night).

Perhaps these examples would be better:
ImageImageImage
~ George Washington

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

Szalinski wrote:I took a more detailed look, and it is very close, but it still looks curled, albeit very tightly curled. It could easily pass, but it's still a bit long. I want something that won't be in my face when I'm holding her close in bed (which I'm doing every night).

You have to use a pic and that wig I listed would be fine!

The problem is they would not make a wig in a style that is SO easily attainable. The short afro styles you've shown only takes months for a woman to get her hair to be that length. Wigs are generally in style's that are unattainable or at the very least hard to attain. Your best bet is to buy a costume wig that is very short. But then you give up quality and you DEFINITELY won't find such a natural looking fiber. Basically, you want the impossible.

S

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

here's a link to some costume wigs. Mind you, if you style them correctly- you can get a really good look from these.

http://www.costumesupercenter.com/hats+ ... afros.html

Longshot

Post by Longshot »

stacy718 wrote:...While pricy, human hair wigs are by far the best- especially the lace front such as the one in the auction. I own several for the dolls and having been using them in my recent photos. All you have to do is cut the lace front just along the edge of the hair and they look wonderful on dolls.
Stacy would you still recommend humane hair wigs for a male doll owner that has NO hair styling experience? The little that I have read so far says that synthetic wigs are easier to manage and require less care then humane hair wigs.

The reason that I ask is that there is a humane hair wig that I really love the looks of and would like to purchase for Amber but am afraid that ounce purchased it will be beyond my ability to properly maintain.
May your roots be strong and your branches free to wander.

Here is my Amber’s Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13424

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

stacy718 wrote:
Szalinski wrote:I took a more detailed look, and it is very close, but it still looks curled, albeit very tightly curled. It could easily pass, but it's still a bit long. I want something that won't be in my face when I'm holding her close in bed (which I'm doing every night).

You have to use a pic and that wig I listed would be fine!

The problem is they would not make a wig in a style that is SO easily attainable. The short afro styles you've shown only takes months for a woman to get her hair to be that length. Wigs are generally in style's that are unattainable or at the very least hard to attain. Your best bet is to buy a costume wig that is very short. But then you give up quality and you DEFINITELY won't find such a natural looking fiber. Basically, you want the impossible.

S
Yeah, I know. I was hoping for something perhaps for chemo-patients or others for whom it's not so easilly accessable. :puppydogeyes:
~ George Washington

testtest
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by testtest »

interesting hairstyle

Gjavonni_2020
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Gjavonni_2020 »

Try epiccosplay.com

Gjavonni_2020
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Gjavonni_2020 »

stacy718 wrote:This one looks fantastic and it's not even styled:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lace-Front-100- ... 697wt_1165

If you pic it yourself and give it a little lift it will be perfect. It's actual human hair, so it's as authentic as it gets.

While pricy, human hair wigs are by far the best- especially the lace front such as the one in the auction. I own several for the dolls and having been using them in my recent photos. All you have to do is cut the lace front just along the edge of the hair and they look wonderful on dolls.

In fact, I like this wig so much, I'm going to order one right now.

S
What do you use to glue the lace front down. I've been thinking of getting one for mines

INFORMATIONS