sexyrealsexdolls.com

Restoring wigs?

Wigs, replacement eyebrows and eyelashes, and other hair related items.
Mr_Cellophane
Active Poster
Active Poster

Restoring wigs?

Post by Mr_Cellophane »

I recently acquired a couple of nice wigs, or should I say that they were once nice wigs. They have a lot of tangles and feel crunchy or bristly, if that's a word. One also has a rather peculiar odor as well. I'm not sure if the odor is from a pet or something else. I have heard that some dolls do have an odor to them due to the type of silicon used. If that is the case I hope to never own the doll that wore this wig. 8O

I have read Zara's sticky about wig care and will try that, but first wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for a more neglected wig.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Re: Restoring wigs?

Post by deerman »

Follow Zaras instructions but add fabric softener, then after rolling in towel hang to dry.

Mr_Cellophane
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Mr_Cellophane »

Thank you Zara and Deerman for the tips. I finally got around to working on two of the wigs and I cannot believe how well they turned out. I really thought that I would have to just trash the redish colored one, but it turned out rather well. I'm posting a few before and after pictures just because I am so pleased with how they cleaned up. After I get the girls fixed up maybe I can get some pictures of them in the wigs. Getting them fixed up is another story. :whistle:
Attachments
Blonde before 1.jpg
Blonde before 1.jpg (334.66 KiB) Viewed 4089 times
Blonde after 2.jpg
Blonde after 2.jpg (465.55 KiB) Viewed 4089 times
Red before 4.jpg
Red before 4.jpg (436.57 KiB) Viewed 4089 times
Red after 1.jpg
Red after 1.jpg (438.51 KiB) Viewed 4089 times

Mr_Cellophane
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Mr_Cellophane »

Here are the other wigs that I cleaned up today. I think that these turned out just as well as the first two did. One of the four had definitely been peed on by someones pet or some pet's owner. 8O :shakefist: I'm sure hoping it was the pet. Either way it was just nasty. I had to wash that wig out a few times and let me tell you, the water was a very unattractive yellow after that first wash. :(
The good news is that now you would never know. The odor is completely gone as are all of the tangles. :multi: :multi: :multi:

Now to start working on fixing up the dolls... :whistle:
Attachments
Black before 2.jpg
Black before 2.jpg (478.98 KiB) Viewed 4053 times
Black after 3.jpg
Black after 3.jpg (349.46 KiB) Viewed 4053 times
Black Red before 3.jpg
Black Red before 3.jpg (475.05 KiB) Viewed 4053 times
Black Red after 4.jpg
Black Red after 4.jpg (416.53 KiB) Viewed 4053 times

ValleyOfTheDolls

Post by ValleyOfTheDolls »

Wow! The wigs look fantastic now. Now that I am getting into these dolls I will have to include wigs in my thrift store hunts. Seeing the results here gives me hope that I can do something similar!

twolf

Post by twolf »

:plaidskirt: Greetings; The wig I have for my Kelly is also snarled and tangled. She looks nice but would look much better if her wig was soft and tangle free like these. Do I want to soak the wig in water and a good amount of fabric softener and for how long should it soak before removing, rinsing and then drying in a towel? Thanks for the response. Cheers. Twolf and Kelly

Mr_Cellophane
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Mr_Cellophane »

Thanks guys. Here is the link for Zara's step by step instructions.
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 00&t=26672
The only thing that I did different was to add a drop (small amount) of liquid fabric softener into the water with the shampoo as suggested by Deerman. I let them soak for a couple of minutes in the bathroom sink, swished them around a little and then rinsed with plain water. I let the one that had the "odor" soak for about 10 minutes before I rinsed it and then repeated.

twolf

Post by twolf »

:plaidskirt: Greetings; Kelly D18 here. Thanks for the wig softening advice. Twolf came home from the Dollar Tree and proceeded to work on my wig. He followed instructions to the letter and after the wig dried was amazed how soft it was. He put it back on my head and the after fondling and kissing me, we both knew what it was time for next. A little afternoon delight and before long we both brought each other to climax. I love this man!!!! Cheers. Kelly and Twolf

INFORMATIONS