sexyrealsexdolls.com

How to put a wig on properly?

Wigs, replacement eyebrows and eyelashes, and other hair related items.
ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

How to put a wig on properly?

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

I'm not sure if I'm putting my wig on right. It came with black hair net to hold it but do you put that on first then put the wig on?
I'm a newbie when it comes to this sort of thing so pardon my stupidity lol
Also the elastic straps in the back do they hook together or hook to something else?

Thanks
ILFnL

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Re: How to put a wig on properly?

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

The black hairnet (called a wig-cap) is good, it holds the wig in place... Just stretch it open and slide it over her head, only down to where you want her hairline to be.

Honestly you won't need the straps, I never use them and all my wigs stay on just fine. If you wanna use em anyway, yes they hook to each other.

Not a stupid question, I wasn't sure if I was putting them on right at first or not. Actually the one that came with the doll was too tight lmao... all the ones i get on amazon fit fine.

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

The black cap my not be a good idea on a TPE doll as they can stain. You can use the foot/toe off a pair of tights to do the same thing (I do)

The straps actually hook in to a row of loops along the bottom of the back of the wig, where the neck is. You'll see a strip of material sewn at intervals across the back of the wig forming about 6 flat loops for the straps to hook in to.

Hope that helps

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Okay that makes sense

I almost threw away the wig cap lol!
When I put the straps together and stretch it over the head it wouldn't stay.

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

ILuvFemsNlingerie wrote:Okay that makes since

I almost threw away the wig cap lol!
When I put the straps together and stretch it over the head it wouldn't stay.
Wigs come in up to five different sizes. It's possible the wig is just too big.
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

whoa okay.. thanks karrot, i had no idea lol; I just put the hooks together and was like "nah that don't do anything" lol

Ok, OP forget my advice... except maybe the cap, i think the wig grips to it and helps stay on. Just wash a few times first so it won't stain, sorry i didn't say that earlier

major woody

Post by major woody »

Throw a baseball cap on her then whale away!

MW

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

I tried the wig cap and it seems way stretched out and the wig won't stay on.
I'll keep trying though.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Wig caps are to hold human hair down. Don't know if you really need one on a bald headed doll.

Wigs tend to slip and some have glued the hook side of velcro onto doll heads to give it some grip.
Some have used a few T pins actually pushed through the wig into the head to hold in on, but this is best for a wig that will stay on awhile. Not swapping them out constantly.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

I'll just stick the wig on without the wig cap and keep it like that until next week I'm getting a brunette wig that was suppose to come with my doll.

Aberdare
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aberdare »

Nice Posts Everyone... But to address the subject question.

To properly fit a wig - whether to a doll, another person or even yourself. Every wig is constructed in a way, where it is meant to stay on without fasteners, but may be used none the less. the Wig has specific parts. The Cap - usually made of a stretchable material. Lacing - is what most wigs have the hair tied to, and subsequently attached to the cap. And the most important piece, the Back Band - this piece is a small strip of non-stretchable material (or semi-stretchable) that is meant to be fitted to the base of the skull.

When properly fitting a wig, the wig is held by the front of the wig cap, with your fingers inside the cap -- holding the cap OPEN. the Back Band is then centered and gently pulled upwards so that the back band fall into place, behind the ears at the base of the skull, then the wig is pulled forward and down across the top of the head until the back band feels snug. Centering of the back band is the single most crucial step to ensuring the wig is properly positioned. Practice fitting the wig to yourself before fitting your doll, as rough handling can cause minute rips and tears in the silicone surface of the dolls skin. Once properly positioned and tensioned, simply slide your fingers forward, above the eyebrows in an outward motion, and you are done.

Removing the wig is done in reverse, pulling the wig cap upwards and backwards -- turning the wig cap "Inside-out" and letting the back band simply fall off from where it was positioned.

I hope this is helpful. Cheers, mate.
I'm Just Gonna put an "OUT OF ORDER" Sign on my Forehead, and call it a Day...

The Residents of Aberdare Manor:
Jenny_D - WM Style 160cm - 86cm Bust
Jennifer_D - WM Style 160cm - 92cm Bust
Alexandra_D - WM165 K-cup
Jaquelynne_D - WM Style 155cm Big Bust
Nymphodora - WM165 K-cup
Fleurette - YL 158-P2 Pregnant
Jonathan_D - JY 160cm Male
Olivia_D - WM 140cm - D Cup
Diana - JY 168cm - H Cup
Angela_D - Entity 165cm - D Cup
Winter_D - IL 160cm BB - D Cup

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Well it's been almost 4 months since the last post so I'm quite good at putting a wig on properly now. That will help others who are just starting out though.

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

Aberdare wrote:Nice Posts Everyone... But to address the subject question.

To properly fit a wig - whether to a doll, another person or even yourself. Every wig is constructed in a way, where it is meant to stay on without fasteners, but may be used none the less. the Wig has specific parts. The Cap - usually made of a stretchable material. Lacing - is what most wigs have the hair tied to, and subsequently attached to the cap. And the most important piece, the Back Band - this piece is a small strip of non-stretchable material (or semi-stretchable) that is meant to be fitted to the base of the skull.

When properly fitting a wig, the wig is held by the front of the wig cap, with your fingers inside the cap -- holding the cap OPEN. the Back Band is then centered and gently pulled upwards so that the back band fall into place, behind the ears at the base of the skull, then the wig is pulled forward and down across the top of the head until the back band feels snug. Centering of the back band is the single most crucial step to ensuring the wig is properly positioned. Practice fitting the wig to yourself before fitting your doll, as rough handling can cause minute rips and tears in the silicone surface of the dolls skin. Once properly positioned and tensioned, simply slide your fingers forward, above the eyebrows in an outward motion, and you are done.

Removing the wig is done in reverse, pulling the wig cap upwards and backwards -- turning the wig cap "Inside-out" and letting the back band simply fall off from where it was positioned.

I hope this is helpful. Cheers, mate.

Absolutely correct :thumbs_up: but also take note of where the hair line is falling. Either too high or too low on the forehead will make the dolls face look weird, so adjust fit for that.

Also, if you have a wig thats just not staying in place, try this

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=78949

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

Aberdare
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aberdare »

Karrot wrote: Absolutely correct :thumbs_up: but also take note of where the hair line is falling. Either too high or too low on the forehead will make the dolls face look weird, so adjust fit for that.

Karrot
Every Wig has a Centre Spot -- much like a human scalp has... Quality wig manufacturers place a "DOT" in the Centre to make it easier, and the natural placement is the top of the scull. A well made wig takes this into consideration so that the Hair Line falls into a natural position. If it doesn't, then your wig is the wrong size and / or the back band is too high / low -- a manually adjustment is all that is needed to bring the hair line forward / backwards so the remainder of the wig fits where it should. Quality wigs are manufactured and use a sizing system similar to Hats.
I'm Just Gonna put an "OUT OF ORDER" Sign on my Forehead, and call it a Day...

The Residents of Aberdare Manor:
Jenny_D - WM Style 160cm - 86cm Bust
Jennifer_D - WM Style 160cm - 92cm Bust
Alexandra_D - WM165 K-cup
Jaquelynne_D - WM Style 155cm Big Bust
Nymphodora - WM165 K-cup
Fleurette - YL 158-P2 Pregnant
Jonathan_D - JY 160cm Male
Olivia_D - WM 140cm - D Cup
Diana - JY 168cm - H Cup
Angela_D - Entity 165cm - D Cup
Winter_D - IL 160cm BB - D Cup

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

i wish I can find some wigs that fit dolls heads better

I have 10 quality wigs and 2 on the way and even with the straps adjusted their still a bit to big.

INFORMATIONS