betterlovedoll.com

Svetlana's photo sessions...

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

The Doll Laboratory
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Re: Svetlana's photo sessions...

Post by The Doll Laboratory »

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words.
Tybalt wrote:Did you apply makeup because its excellent!
I only apply minimal make-up to the face. The eyes are untouched. They made a great job at the WM factory. I apply a little powder foundation make-up on the face sometimes and that's all. My biggest contribution to the look of Svetlana, apart from the wig and clothes, is the lipstick. I first used regular lipstick but I have decided to apply a permanent color (marker pen) to have less work. In the latest photos the lips are natural but I prefer them with some gloss added because it looks more sexy! :whistle:

Von Rubber
The Doll Laboratory Stories - Erotic Comic featuring my Dolls
Teeth&Tongue set 4.0 - Add expressions to your Doll

The Doll Laboratory
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

The next photo session:
- Christmas Champagne with Svetlana

Von Rubber

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

This is a fantastic Christmas photo

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Swan »

Gorgeous Von! :thumbs_up:

LAL
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by LAL »

Vonrubber:

Seriously, you should teach a class!

I'm a brand new 1st time doll owner and I have noticed how real and sensual your pictures of Svetlana always are. Here is what I have figured out so far. You pay great attention to detail. The hair is always right, the eyes are always right; the background and lighting is always right, the hands always look natural. The posing is always excellent, and you avoid the mistakes of showing the neck connection and posing the doll so that the TPE creases (unnaturally) in the elbow and knee areas.
Please tell me more about the marker lipstick technique. Did you apply right over the factory color, or did you remove the factory color? That lip color would be perfect for me.

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Simply fantastic!

Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

Mon Amour Toujour
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Mon Amour Toujour »

You're killing me here! Thank you! Thank you! Great pics :D

BTW- what size shoe does she wear? Those are some sexy little feet
Email:info@FreelovedollHouse.com
http://www.freelovedollhouse.com/
We only provide quality dolls to our customers! If you are ordering dolls for the first time, then choosing us is a good guarantee for you!

The Doll Laboratory
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Hello,
LAL wrote:Seriously, you should teach a class!
That's what I do in real life! I'm an Art teacher. :wink:
LAL wrote:I'm a brand new 1st time doll owner and I have noticed how real and sensual your pictures of Svetlana always are. Here is what I have figured out so far. You pay great attention to detail. The hair is always right, the eyes are always right; the background and lighting is always right, the hands always look natural. The posing is always excellent, and you avoid the mistakes of showing the neck connection and posing the doll so that the TPE creases (unnaturally) in the elbow and knee areas.
Please tell me more about the marker lipstick technique. Did you apply right over the factory color, or did you remove the factory color? That lip color would be perfect for me.
Yes, these are my "secrets". Often I do a second picture just because the hair was not right (I always have an hairbrush ready on the set) and a third one because one finger wasn't properly placed. I also move the lightning and avoid positions that are too extreme for the doll. I usually end up shooting between 50 and 100 photos. I eliminate them one by one until there are only 10 left. These are most of the time good enough to be published. The other all have flaws. But I guess everybody works pretty much in the same way.

The lipstick is permanent Marker:

However, I warn you! Use them with caution! You can damage your doll's face permanently!
I tried a lot of different brands and the Staedler Lumocolor Permanent Markers are the only ones which worked so far. If you want to try them despite my warning, here's how I did. I first applied several layers of red. One by one. About 5 or 6. Between each layer, one has to wait until the ink is completely dry (it may take a couple of hours) and carefully wash it away with water and soap between each application. If you like pink or pale red, it may be enough. If you want a darker red (like on Svetlana), you may apply some violet or brown as well. For the gloss, I use Rimmel's "Oh My Gloss!". I have to apply it often during a photo shooting:

I did the breast nipples the same way but with only 3 applications (Red X2 and Brown X1).

I think it is even possible to permanently tattoo the skin of the doll. The black and the red work fine but some colors leave less pigments (green, blue and yellow). But it would be a very time consuming job since you would have to apply the drawing 5 or 6 time with a cleaning session in between each! 8O
Wizard407 wrote:BTW- what size shoe does she wear? Those are some sexy little feet
Eur size 35 or 36 works fine.

Von Rubber

LAL
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by LAL »

VonRubber

Fantastic tips. Speaking of tips; is that a medium tip on the markers?

You remarked: " But I guess everybody works pretty much in the same way."
Well if they did; a lot more people would get the great results that you do!

Clearly there only a small percentage who are in your league. Hopefully, those few can inspire the rest of us
to take better pictures.

I already have a problem with areola fade. Don't know if it was from the washing or maybe the baby oil.
Thanks for your support.

LAL
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by LAL »

VonRubber:

One more thing I noticed that makes your photography better than most. Many people pose a doll and then take many pictures by just moving the camera to a different angle/location or barely changing the doll's position. You go through the effort to make your poses different and unique. I have a relatively heavy doll with tight joints so I can sympathize with the others.
Bottom line...quality over quantity.

The Doll Laboratory
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Hello LAL,

It seems as you want to try the marker method. Please be careful and test on a sample piece of TPE first (that's what I did) or, if you don't have one, on the top of the doll's head where it won't be visible in the end.

The marker set above is the one I have used. It has 8 markers with 2,0 mm tips. You can find finer ones though. I have severals of the same brand but the finer ones (until 0,2 mm) almost leave no pigment on the TPE once washed away. Different formula? I don't know.

If you apply the first layer of marker, say red, the lips will get dark red, almost like Svetlana's on the above pictures. But once dry, the surface of the Tinted area will get hard and crack. This residue must be washed away with water and soap. Will doing this, try not to put pigments on the area around the lips or this will be tainted as well. In fact, if you look Svetlana's face carefully, you will notice it slightly on her. I will be more careful the next time. Once the dark residue is removed, you will have pale red/pink lips. Depending on the result one wants to achieve, more applications have to be done.

Good luck if you want to try my method. But I decline any responsibility! :whistle:

You have a WM152 it seems? Yummy!

Von Rubber

The Doll Laboratory
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Hello,

The next photo session: Svetlana is a horny Candy Girl

Von Rubber