sexyrealsexdolls.com

How do I : Edit or delete my own posts

Need some help in finding your way around TDF? Want to know the short cuts? BBCode support? Using images in your posts? It's all here.
cosycottage

Re: Edit or delete my own posts

Post by cosycottage »

I have now received a reply from TDF Management which explains and clarifies the issue.

I'm sure they'll post that (or the relevant clauses) up on here, so I won't double-post: just to say it's clear that the main priority is retaining the integrity of threads so that they make sense - say, if a member throws a hissy fit cos they don't like the way TDF is run or new rule changes or the colour of the background, or the new rebrand/domain name change :whistle: etc...

As long as common sense plays a role (in my own case, at any rate) then I'm happy to have my stories and characters live out their days at TDF (unless there are obvious developments out in the real world which will cause "unwelcome traffic" onto an adult site) and hope future members enjoy them.

IIRC TDF's copyright is the "framework" of the threads and is there to maintain structural integrity: i.e. so if you help build a long thread, you can't decide to arbitrarily pull out your bricks two years later cos somebody called you/your doll an ugly hairy mugwump.

Peace.
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

cosycottage wrote: IIRC TDF's copyright is the "framework" of the threads and is there to maintain structural integrity: i.e. so if you help build a long thread, you can't decide to arbitrarily pull out your bricks two years later cos somebody called you/your doll an ugly hairy mugwump.
cozy,

Your not allowed to call someone or their doll an "ugly hairy mugwump" !!! and rightfully so.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

And Midiman, I am not 'targeting' TDF, as much as you would like me to ;). But TDF is what the discussion was about as were the questions regarding.

TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

Post by TDF_Management »

AlyDolly wrote:Having your posts and images stay on a site forever I think is more than ok with most users but the idea of someday down the line having the site sold to a company like lets say The Walt Disney Company and have photos of yourself, your mother, your daughter, your wife, or doll show up in a film long after your dead is another.
This could not happen, because any Terms of Service attached to a website apply to future owners of that site as well.

Walt Disney would need permissions the same as we would to use any member photos and copyrighted content outside of the the agreement, which allows only use on the website.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

siliconelover wrote:And Dave, I am not 'targeting' TDF, as much as you would like me to ;). But TDF is what the discussion was about as were the questions regarding.
And your answer to this question (3rd time asked) is?

I would therefore ask what your stance is on members deleting photos from long running threads with member replies ?
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

midiman wrote:
siliconelover wrote:And Dave, I am not 'targeting' TDF, as much as you would like me to ;). But TDF is what the discussion was about as were the questions regarding.
And your answer to this question (3rd time asked) is?

I would therefore ask what your stance is on members deleting photos from long running threads with member replies ?
Excuse me, Didn't see the question earlier, with all the editing of the posts going on and I have been trying to help louiselaine with his Boy Toy problem all while having to defend myself in this thread.

I'll have to answer after as I've got to run and errand now.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

siliconelover wrote:I would therefore ask what your stance is on members deleting photos from long running threads with member replies ?
Excuse me, Didn't see the question earlier, with all the editing of the posts going on and I have been trying to help louiselaine with his Boy Toy problem all while having to defend myself in this thread.

I'll have to answer after as I've got to run and errand now.[/quote]

You are not defending yourself as no one is attacking you. We are all merely seeking clarification and individual stances on an issue.

Far batter to spend the time on a doll post than here anyway as it does more for teh community as a whole. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Fenrisulfr
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fenrisulfr »

Boobies showdown is a recent example of photos being pulled or threads screwed up, I would love to have seen Doodmans work and creations. Seen the Foxy, oh yesssssssssss, efffffffing ace creation, and I wish there was more of his art but he took his pics, but enough on a raw nerve. I post my meagre offerings because my Agnetha is something special to me, brings me a high degree of happiness, sanity in this shitty world and it's not 'look what I've got folks' as there are some superb, better girls on here, a lot cheaper new and a lot more expensive new, it's the sharing, giving ideas and nicking them off others (in the best possible way). I'm pensioned off and have posted nothing I'm ashamed of, some bad taste I know but I'm happy with life and if you want to meet Mr Giveafuck, well, he lives nextdoor. We post what we want to because we feel it's right and should stand by those convictions without wanting to delete them.
"I don't have dirty thoughts.............I have unapologetically normal thoughts which happen to be intensely erotic."

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

siliconelover wrote:Be careful what you write here or within any forum ... and show in threads, especially one's that don't allow you to re-edit your posts as you may feel differently about what you have said or shown, one day, one week or one month later.

If you use the attachment feature to attach your photo's in a post they will remain forever. However, if you instal them in another way they will eventually disappear.

Keep your photograph's in The Doll Album and you retain control.

There are some Forums out there that allow you to edit and or delete your posts whenever you want without limitations.
Fine... here's the entire quote... now tell me... how will pictures installed in another way eventually disappear?
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding AlexKnight .
I can understand why TDF does not allow members to deleting key content from threads anymore. Its kind of like when doodman got mad for some reason and left TDF but not before removed all the photos from his thread that showed off his awesome room rendering the thread useless without the images went along with the comments . :cry:

Thank you for clearing things up. It feels great to share with the comunity without having to think twice before posting .

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

AlexKnight wrote:There's an editing window of 3 days to a post, and the delete function is only available as long as nobody has replied to your thread.
After that, the system will no longer allow editing or deleting of posts.
NOTE

The Editing window is 1 day, Not 3 days.

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

siliconelover wrote:
AlexKnight wrote:There's an editing window of 3 days to a post, and the delete function is only available as long as nobody has replied to your thread.
After that, the system will no longer allow editing or deleting of posts.
NOTE

yea I noticed that the Editing window only gives you a day to edit sometimes . I posted a comment one afternoon and the next day the editing option was gone. 8O I also noticed a bug in the system. Sometimes when you make a post you dont get the option to delete it. I posted a few comments in the last few weeks and when I pressed post I was taken back to the thread but the little red button [x] was nowhere to be found. It doesnt always happen but it does do it every now and than

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

siliconelover wrote: NOTE

Um, yes indeed it is. I though it has been three days (as it has been at some time in the past, if my memory does not fool me), but as stated in the ToU it is one day for now.
AlyDolly wrote: I also noticed a bug in the system. Sometimes when you make a post you dont get the option to delete it. I posted a few comments in the last few weeks and when I pressed post I was taken back to the thread but the little red button [x] was nowhere to be found. It doesnt always happen but it does do it every now and than
That is probably related to a similar bug, which sometimes eats the "Post a Reply" buttons. Sometimes the forum software thinks a thread is "read only" for seemingly no reason. In my modest experience logging out and logging in again fixes that problem.
Unfortunately we have no clue yet why this happens, as it happens quite rarely and seemingly at random.

brat++++playfull

Re: How do I : Edit or delete my own posts

Post by brat++++playfull »

So i would like to leave the doll form , and just be gone like i wasent ever hear . Is that the reasion i can't find a deleat profile , bouton any where . ????????????????????????????????????? :(
Home is where our story begins

crimsonrk

Re: How do I : Edit or delete my own posts

Post by crimsonrk »

I have purchased and received Tiffany 1AM Doll. How do I post a topic?

INFORMATIONS