sexyrealsexdolls.com

How do I : Edit or delete my own posts

Need some help in finding your way around TDF? Want to know the short cuts? BBCode support? Using images in your posts? It's all here.
eeniemeenie

How do I : Edit or delete my own posts

Post by eeniemeenie »

Howdy,

How can I edit or delete my own posts after I have posted them?

eenie

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: Edit or delete my own posts

Post by AlexKnight »

There's an editing window of 3 days to a post, and the delete function is only available as long as nobody has replied to your thread.
After that, the system will no longer allow editing or deleting of posts.

If you want to have something changed in a post, you can send a request to a staff member of your choice. But TDF will not delete topics that have had substantial replies to them, because it renders all the replies to that topic as meaningless.

The Copyright on the Database as a whole prevents people from duplicating or placing copies of entire TDF threads on their own websites. However, the individuals retain full copyright privileges of their content. TDF only enjoys permission from the copyright holder to display their posts at TDF.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

AlexKnight wrote:There's an editing window of 3 days to a post, and the delete function is only available as long as nobody has replied to your thread.

If you want to have something changed in a post, you can send a request to a staff member of your choice. But we'll never agree to delete, or empty your posts, because they form part of our database collection to which we retain sole copyright.
So wait ....if I share a short story, photos of my doll, or a song iv writen on here TDF™ © would some how clam sole Copyright of my words/ work ? :?

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

AlyDolly wrote: So wait ....if I share a short story, photos of my doll, or a song iv writen on here TDF™ © would some how clam sole Copyright of my words/ work ? :?
Hmmm..... interesting. 8O
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

i had never heard much talk of this copyright .
makes you ask questions like the one above.
cosy has shared some wonderful stories with images. etc..
are our images part of your copyright? does this include publishing us?? in other ways?
fine print is where again.?
terms of use?
BG

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Be careful what you write here or within any forum ... and show in threads, especially one's that don't allow you to re-edit your posts as you may feel differently about what you have said or shown, one day, one week or one month later.

If you use the attachment feature to attach your photo's in a post they will remain forever. However, if you instal them in another way they will eventually disappear.

Keep your photograph's in The Doll Album and you retain control.

There are some Forums out there that allow you to edit and or delete your posts whenever you want without limitations.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

siliconelover wrote:Be careful what you write here ... and show in the threads.

If you use the attachment feature to attach your photo's in a post they will remain forever. However, if you instal them in another way they will eventually disappear.

There are other Forums out there that allow you to edit and or delete your posts whenever you want without limitations.
Thanks siliconelover - I don't so much mind the idea of posts and photos staying forever (after all, I do talk random bollocks most of the time :P )
These "copyright" and "ownership" issues, however, are another kettle of fish entirely. :evil:

I have PM'd the powers that be. Will get an answer in due course. :plaidskirt:
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Why would you want your photos to disappear from your threads? Does this not render all the courteous and complimentary replies about your photos made by other members totally meaningless? What of the new visitors to TDF who be browsing the threads at a future date and encountering bad photo links? Will then decide it is a waste of their time and leave in search of some other site?

With the exception of accidental deletions and removal by third party photo sites such as Flickr who do not allow adult content, most of the photos (and galleries) I have seen deleted around TDF were done so with malicious intent..."I don't like you anymore, so I am leaving, and taking all my toys with me, and I am also going to kick down all the buildings and roads I made in the sand box as I leave!"

TDF is a running history of Love Dolls that dates back 11 years. Do we really want to allow angry or inconsiderate people to destroy that history ? TDF is just trying to ensure that a few rotten apples don't spoil the barrel for the rest of us ;)

BTW, TDF has never and will never claim copyright on anyone's material. TDF is only given permission to have that material on the website. It cannot, redistribute or sell it.
TDF Terms of Service wrote:...While we do not claim copyright of individual works or materials you submit or make available for inclusion on the Sites, you grant us a royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, said material on the the Coverdoll Group websites in perpetuity.
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

midiman wrote:

Why would you want your photos to disappear from your threads? Does this not render all the courteous and complimentary replies on that thread made by other members about your photos totally meaningless and therefore waste the time of new members who may be browsing the threads at a future date?

With the exception of accidental deletions and removal by third party photo sites such as Flickr who do not allow adult content, most of the photos (and galleries) I have seen deleted around TDF were done so with malicious intent..."I don't like you anymore, so I am leaving, and taking all my toys with me, and I am also going to kick down all the buildings and roads I made in the sand box in the process!"
I NEVER said that I wanted my photo's to disappear. I am just stating a FACT.

Now, how about answering the copyright questions that have been asked ??? Especially since Future Members will one day be reading this thread and will not want to have wasted their time Not getting an answer.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

AlyDolly wrote:
AlexKnight wrote:There's an editing window of 3 days to a post, and the delete function is only available as long as nobody has replied to your thread.

If you want to have something changed in a post, you can send a request to a staff member of your choice. But we'll never agree to delete, or empty your posts, because they form part of our database collection to which we retain sole copyright.
So wait ....if I share a short story, photos of my doll, or a song iv writen on here TDF™ © would some how clam sole Copyright of my words/ work ? :?
Of course not, you always keep your copyright on anything you write and show here.

The Copyright on the database as a whole preserves the 'integrity' of the database.
We keep the copyright on how the forum looks, meaning... No one can duplicate our threads for publication at other forums, and such. However, any member has the right to post his material anywhere else they please and retain full copyright of said material. This also means that they could post an entire TDF thread elsewhere, but only with the permissions of ALL the copyright holders, which it it is using a carbon copy of our page, graphics and logos woudl also require permission from TDF.

TDF will not tolerate members intentionally destroying threads by deleting key content to the threads. (This is usually only critical if they are the OP of the thread.

When someone purposefully deletes their content, it makes replies to that content meaningless, and creates unnecessary work for TDF staff, because they'll have to tidy up the thread.

The Terms of Use are linked at the top of every thread, but here's a direct link: http://dollforum.com/tdf_tos.html

As an example, a short "thread":
A: Here's my hot doll, look how cute she is: <no image available>

B: Damn, she's cute, I like this picture as well: <no image available>

A: Yeah, it took me some time to get it right, here's another example: <no image available>

C: -

B: C, you're cracking me up, you're too funny

C: -

B: Oh man, thank for that picture, C, your doll is so cute
If such a thread continued on for 4 or 5 pages, with all the pictures missing, because members deleted their content, there would be little use for such a thread, that's why we protect the forum from such malicious actions, and that's what the copyright basically means.

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

siliconelover wrote:I NEVER said that I wanted my photo's to disappear. I am just stating a FACT.

Now, how about answering the copyright questions that have been asked ?
Actually I was editing my post while you were replying. However, one of the Staff is preparing (oops, has prepared) a more formal response to post here. I just wanted to post because we so like locking horns :)

You state, "Keep your photograph's in The Doll Album and you retain control."
I took this to imply that you did want the ability to delete your photos from threads.

I would therefore ask what your stance is on members deleting photos from long running threads with member replies ?

Also I consider this comment as targeting TDF.
Be careful what you write here ... and show in the threads.
It is in fact is a common knowledge statement about the entire internet ;)
Midiman...

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

siliconelover wrote:However, if you instal them in another way they will eventually disappear.
siliconelover wrote:I am just stating a FACT.
Which fact is that? Pictures in the Doll Album will NEVER disappear on their own, because we will NEVER delete pictures, unless rules have been broken. The only way for Doll Album pictures to disappear, is if the person who put them there, deletes them.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

AlexKnight wrote:
siliconelover wrote:However, if you instal them in another way they will eventually disappear.
siliconelover wrote:I am just stating a FACT.
Which fact is that? Pictures in the Doll Album will NEVER disappear on their own, because we will NEVER delete pictures, unless rules have been broken. The only way for Doll Album pictures to disappear, is if the person who put them there, deletes them.
I NEVER stated or said that a picture in the Doill Album will disappear. Where did you read that Alex ? Maybe you should quote and read my Whole post to better understand what was said.

& I wasn't addressing you, but if you want to gang up on me, go ahead, I can take it.

Stop taking my post out of context and misquoting me. What I stated is a FACT and the TRUTH. This information is available in other threads as well.

I didn't start this thread, just including information within.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Still waiting for your reply on my reply to your reply...

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 20#p460920

In case you missed it...
midiman wrote:
siliconelover wrote:I NEVER said that I wanted my photo's to disappear. I am just stating a FACT.

Now, how about answering the copyright questions that have been asked ?
Actually I was editing my post while you were replying. However, one of the Staff is preparing (oops, has prepared) a more formal response to post here. I just wanted to post because we so like locking horns :)

You state, "Keep your photograph's in The Doll Album and you retain control."
I took this to imply that you did want the ability to delete your photos from threads.

I would therefore ask what your stance is on members deleting photos from long running threads with member replies ?

Also I consider this comment as targeting TDF.
Be careful what you write here ... and show in the threads.
It is in fact is a common knowledge statement about the entire internet ;)
Midiman...

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

There are other Forums out there that allow you to edit and or delete your posts whenever you want without limitations.
Oh ok Iv wonderd why some membrs like Everhard linked photos of their dolls from their own websites with alot of copyright watermarks on them instead of just using the attachment feature to upload and I thought it might be so he could keep the rights to his images.

It's always good to know these types of things ahead of time so one can be careful and selective of what we upload and share in the future. Having your posts and images stay on a site forever I think is more than ok with most users but the idea of someday down the line having the site sold to a company like lets say The Walt Disney Company and have photos of yourself, your mother, your daughter, your wife, or doll show up in a film long after your dead is another.

I guss it could have gotten more complicated if a member toke a photo from the doll album and uploaded it in a thead without leting you know. Mostly because that happens almost everyday with threads like "post Photos of sexy dolls you admire" where users go to the doll album grab someones photo and adds it to the thread.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Its just that When AlexKnight wrote "we'll never agree to delete, or empty your posts, because they form part of our database collection to which we retain sole copyright."
I got a little worried and started to think about ever posted iv ever submited. kindof like having your life flash in front of your eyes before you die lol jk :lol:

Thank you for clearing things up. Its feels great to have the freedom to upload and share with the comunity without having to think twice before you post .

INFORMATIONS