www.wmdolls.com

Dolls sold on Amazon

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
Lexi16
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Dolls sold on Amazon

Post by Lexi16 »

Got her today. She seems ok to me .I'll have to post pics up. I don't know what size bra or underwear she takes . Idont life the clothing they gave with her .

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

If you don't know her size get a tape measure and do bust, waist and hips then check the sizes on a clothing size site. She'll probably come out pretty small and even into children's clothing sizes for some things!
Make up a story like buying for your niece or brother's daughter or something when shopping for clothes. You should be confident and just ask for help - the shop assistants are usually great because they want to sell you something! Charity shops are a good start as the clothes are cheap and you can find out what fits without losing much money plus they'll take them back anyway!
Amazon and eBay are probably best for underwear as they're pretty cheap anyway and why would you be buying underwear for your niece etc!
Once you get a few things you'll get to know what she likes, what size she is and treat her to nicer things later!
Good luck!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

Oh sweet innocence, how I miss you, lol. I would love to see the item link on Amazon and actual photographs. Plus if it says silicone, then do the tpe test. Slice a very small slice of the top of her neck in an unseen segment. Touch a match to it. Burns nicely, tpe.
L✰neR✯nger

extra

Post by extra »

Agree, too easy to get scammed on sites like Amazon and ebay. You can always use a credit card and file a complain, but why go through that trouble?

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Be careful burning tpe. It is toxic when burned.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

Forget Amazon, they accumulate too much data on their customers.

Lexi16
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Lexi16 »

Shes heavier then I thought. Thing I don't like is that the seams can be seen when being close.
Attachments
20161110_003538.jpg
20161110_003538.jpg (982 KiB) Viewed 3883 times
20161110_003453.jpg
20161110_003453.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 3883 times

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Hi Lexi! You can see the seams on just about all dolls but you don't notice it after a while! She looks great although the photos are a bit dark. Try bouncing a bright light off a white sheet perhaps?

By the way, you'll get used to the weight believe me, it just takes a bit of time getting to know how to move her properly. Put her in a sitting position to carry her.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Kcupusay

Post by Kcupusay »

Wether buying from Amazon or any other source you will need to add 20% to it's purchase price or take some serious risks with customs....see Warning to UK buyers thread.

Kcupusay

Post by Kcupusay »

Maybe an exception if it's a sample but then it needs to be damaged and unsalable..cut, broken, permanently marked...be careful it's not straightforward and vendors are happy to leave you in the dark about purchase taxes

LOVETOKNOWMORE

Post by LOVETOKNOWMORE »

N_saneone wrote:Hello all. Newbie here, and I joined TDF because of the Dolls sold on Amazon. After some research over a few days, really liked the idea of buying a 100cm doll. Checked out soo many vendors, and the prices vary so much its crazy. Ill be happy to pay extra due to customer service and high quality product, just the difference in price was staggering. This particular 100cm Doll listed on Amazon from KingMansion has one of the best prices I have seen. At $640 dollars that works out to about $600 cheaper than seen anywhere else. Anyone have experience buying from them? Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you
makes me wonder why Amazon and Dhgate let them get away with it, and they use pictures that are from reputable vendors only to send out a blow up dolls nothing like the pictures they show, the only solid part is the head, try to get money back, you have no chance keep away, but go for it if you got a good set of lungs
Deal with the faults of others as gently as your own It is better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt

Ghost60606
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ghost60606 »

Mongoose wrote:Bumpity, bump, bump.

Hi, Loneranger,
What doll is that and who makes it?
It looks like a Sanhui to me, but can't be 100%. As for size, no idea. Difficult to tell against the surrounding items.

fusek330
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by fusek330 »

One of my dolls was purchased from a vendor on Ebay. Like Amazon, the "ship by" dates are kind of deceitful. If they give a range, chances are the manufacturer is overseas (like many good manufacturers). And you will get the doll towards the "end" of the ship by date.

BUT - like has been shared already - if they are selling through an agent or vendor that is not part of TDF -- or are selling through a 3rd party vendor (like Amazon or Ebay) then chances you are playing Russian Roulette on whether you will get a good quality doll or not. Luckily, it seems I managed to get a good quality doll. Others may bite the bullet.
Cocked and Loaded!!! Tacos!?!?!

Versatile
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Versatile »

Lexi16 wrote:I ended up buying a 140 cm one from amazon recently. I found this forum afterwards and been reading info. After reading this info I might regret buying her from there if it's that bad. I don't think can cancel since it shippeda few days ago.
Go back and check the page on amazon you ordered it from. If it says that the order is "fulfilled by amazon," you can usually return it without incident, especially if the seller messed up. If you are ordering from Kingmansion like most people have run into on amazon, they only have two dolls that are guaranteed to be somewhat legit/refundable: the riley and Katie variants of wm dolls( short one with large breasts and mid sized one with d cup, respectively). Seeing as you bought the latter, I'd say you are in the clear, but it's not too late to return it if you find a defect, assuming you haven't used it.

Versatile
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Versatile »

timetofly232 wrote:What about doll purchases on amazon? I see photos of mini-dolls that look nice going for $870 or less. Can this be real, or a scam? Here are a few links to those dolls.

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Built-Silico ... NE4SHN53JG

http://www.amazon.com/39-37Inch-Realist ... 4S5Q1XWW79

any insight would be great. I am a first time buyer. But My budget is 1000, preferably less. I have looked at the used dolls here on TDF, and I am a little nervous about doing a transaction with someone on here.

Thank you
When in doubt, send an email and ask for specific pictures. I asked kingmansion to send me pictures of a doll with blue eyes and they instead sent me a stock one with green eyes. When I insisted I was curious as to how blue eyes would look on the doll, they sent me another picture of what appeared to be an infant doll's face, but zoomed in such that only the eyes and nose could be seen. They also ignored my question about standing feet. Purchasing from this seller appears to be a hit and miss, and after doing some research, I wouldn't risk it. The sellers here tend to be far more communicative and helpful when it comes to questions, and from what I hear are far more trustworthy.

INFORMATIONS