www.wmdolls.com

Selling A doll: Payment?

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
bluefield02
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Selling A doll: Payment?

Post by bluefield02 »

How do you guys handle selling a doll for payment here on the forums? I suggested pay pal but my buyer tried it and was denied/refuses.

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Selling A doll: Payment?

Post by starion »

If they can't paypal the money then they can't buy the doll. Unless they will send you cash. Otherwise they are trying to scam you somehow because there are so many fake money orders and certified checks that if you aren't careful you will be scammed out of your stuff. I have used cash or paypal for every one of my 11 dolls to be purchased and have only accepted paypal on every doll I've ever sold. I also make them pay the paypal fees if they won't trust me as a friend or family payment. Friend and family is free to transfer money to, the other ways are not. If he refuses to pay a reliable and secure/sure way he is in essence refusing to buy the doll and he's just wasting your time.
<------------- Callie Starr formerly Sundown Starshine ----my first RealDoll-----

bluefield02
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bluefield02 »

starion wrote:If they can't paypal the money then they can't buy the doll. Unless they will send you cash. Otherwise they are trying to scam you somehow because there are so many fake money orders and certified checks that if you aren't careful you will be scammed out of your stuff. I have used cash or paypal for every one of my 11 dolls to be purchased and have only accepted paypal on every doll I've ever sold. I also make them pay the paypal fees if they won't trust me as a friend or family payment. Friend and family is free to transfer money to, the other ways are not. If he refuses to pay a reliable and secure/sure way he is in essence refusing to buy the doll and he's just wasting your time.
Just so I know I am not doing anything inproper, how does one set up paypal to do this? Should I use the paypal button/link or just use paypal.me have them deposit the money?

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you have a paypal account? If you do just have them paypal the money to you and then transfer it to the bank you have attached to the account and then withdraw it from your bank account.
<------------- Callie Starr formerly Sundown Starshine ----my first RealDoll-----

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I go through paypal. I feel safe that way
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

If the buyer trusts you, he can go to walmart and do a walmart to wallmart money transfer.
I have seen PP deny payments, but normally it for larger amounts.
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Ddwyerstar
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Ddwyerstar »

I have used PayPal several times to buy and sell dolls, I pay with credit card via PayPal, it's easy, fast, and guaranteed against fraudulent sales. Get a PayPal account and have seller send you an invoice with complete description of item being sold.
DS 163 pink skin, brown eyes, Kayla AKA "Inara"
DS 163 pink skin, closed eye WM head 59 AKA "Skylar"
DS 163 pink skin, ORdoll head 088 AKA "Sabrina"
DS 163 pink skin, Jiaxin head AKA "Allie"
MY DOLL ALBLUM http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14604

putzzz
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by putzzz »

paypal all the way imo.
you can send the buyer an paypal invoice, outlining the deal. making it a contract so to say.

paypal costs the buyer nothing.

paypal charges the seller / sender of the monies. 2 % or so ?

in face to face cash transactions, you need to be careful too, lots of funny money out there too. twenty dollar bills are widely counterfeited. i ve had 2 twenty dollar bills come up as funny money making a deposit once. the bank keeps it too.. and your SOL.

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

If you both have valid PayPal ids (otherwise - move on) you could 1. Send a bill as a seller or 2. They could send you a payment as buyer.

This is an easy process and remember PayPal will take a bite out of the sellers payment.
L✰neR✯nger

Art1c
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Art1c »

Is there any possibility of the buyer withdrawing from a sale on PayPal after the merch has been shipped? Or are transactions final? Thanks.

brian-p

Post by brian-p »

I got ripped, paid someone for a doll then they didn't send it, said they didn't feel right, after I sent the $ through paypal.

Maddison428
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Maddison428 »

So did u get your money back?

FiveByFive
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FiveByFive »

Ree, if I see you bitching in some random topic one more time, I will publicly release our entire chain of PMs, so everyone can form their own opinions on your foolishness, or on (as you suggest) how I "ripped" you.

And yes, Maddison...the minute he jeopardized the "sale" (a damaged doll give-away costing no more than $70 in shipping) due to unclear communications and a "joke" PM saying he got cold feet, his money was immediately and fully refunded via PayPal. His later claim that his cancellation was a joke changed nothing, and then he complained because he said the method he used on PayPal was some one-use kind of money card; said he was unsure if the money would come back to him (news to me).

The doll was quickly arranged to be sent to the next interested person in line, and it arrived (exactly as described) at their residence within a week. That individual would be more than happy to vouch for me, and has done so without my request the last time Ree spouted off about this incident. Apparently I am not the first individual to be confused and scared away by his methodology.
~~~~ Life is a runway. ~~~~

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

I'm the one who received the doll, I found FivebyFive to be very easy and straightforward to work with. I paid. I gave him an address to ship to, and he shipped the doll to me. Still have the doll. She is very lovely. :)

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

:o Hmmmm...clearly a case of buyer and seller expectations being at odds me thinks. :idea:

This is why it is so important to intiate a a proper dialogue with your buyer or seller prior to commitng to ensure both and on the same page and expectations are managed that both parties can be satisfied.

Another important factor is a transaction process like PayPal. It takes less than 5 minutes for both vendors and sellers to get and link an account to their finances and it offers substantial security and protection for both vendor and buyer through account verifiaction process...although it does favour buyer protection slightly, but legitimate vendors still have recourse and protection from the unscrupilous potential fraudsters that leech of society. :shakefist:

Any serious vendor or buyer needs to have this method as COD is not always practicle and international wire transfers are fraught with danger 8O

Anyhow..just our thoughts...we always use PayPal...and are 9 dolls in...LOL :D

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS