betterlovedoll.com

Seperate Mods, Maintenance and Repairs Sub-Forums

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.

Would you prefer seperate Repairs & Maintenance sub-forums for each brand ?

Yes
77%
No
15%
Indifferent
8%

Total votes: 164

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Seperate Mods, Maintenance and Repairs Sub-Forums

Post by Joe Bin »

Bianca wrote: Do you ever use the index of a book or magazine to find the section you are looking for, or do you just start at page one and leaf through looking for the article?
I start at page one and leaf through. :haha4:

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Joe Bin wrote:
Bianca wrote: Do you ever use the index of a book or magazine to find the section you are looking for, or do you just start at page one and leaf through looking for the article?
I start at page one and leaf through. :haha4:
So Canadian ;)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

Mechwizard wrote: "If it isn't broken then it doesn't have enough features yet."

:
I like that. Can I use it ? lol :haha4:
My sides hurt from laughing :lol:
Besides when it comes to repairs helpful knowledgeable members give tips / advice but usualy only after posting Legal disclaimers to always contact the manufacturer before trying anything because only they would know whats realy inside your dolly.
In the past when iv wanted to learn about lets say ...."Can newer real dolls still get comprsion damage under their arm pits" all I did was type key words like "compression, damage, under, arm, pits" into the Search bare and i got a few threads on it ....Old dead and sometimes locked threads but still at least it's better than nothing at all lol
If they wanna try something new and fresh i guss I'll be fine with it .Im also ok with the way it is now.

M_Yoroshii

Post by M_Yoroshii »

I know I'm new and things, but from what i see in the repair and mods section...
maybe a simple thing of seeing the poster mentions the dolls make and type, would help.

ie if they had a mod for a PIB BB leg, or a RD fingernail such as cuticle adjustment, to add that in the topic when they post might make it easier to find...

one thing i know from the years as a DJ on the web, is people shop for "Specifics", be it specific info or specific products. Thus the separate mods is a good idea in that it could help speed the process of finding what we need at times. but we lose in how we don't see the many other facets to the gems we call our dolls either.
for example: if i wanted to give more hair to a 4woods girl, there's the implanting method, similar to what i learned doing a patch of hair implants on one of sis's baby doll. however in the mods there's a post of a merkin, wig for down there, if i checked the 4woods only i would've never seen or known about the merkin idea.

it's brainfood, we should all eat drink and be merry...lol
here to make friends...so send me an add, and feel free to say hi.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

When I broke Ericas arm I went to repair and maintenance and researched every thing posted for Real Dolls arm ,leg, neck,etc. This did not take as long as I would have thought. Picked a lot of great tips to help in any repair. I think it is ok the way it is now but sometimes change is good.

TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

Post by TDF_Management »

In response to the results of this poll, we've created "Mods, Repair and Maintenance" subforums for each manufacturer listed in the main categories.

These subforums are also accessible from the existing Repair & Maintenance forum.
Staff will have to move the existing threads to these separate forums, which will take some time.

Elfie
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Elfie »

Good job.... I like it. Now I started to feel like having a hospital for my gf. when she is sick :)
"HaPpy or S~a~D depends on your mind, nothing else can force you to be", so find a way to think positively and stay HaPpy
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13791

rolf67ino
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by rolf67ino »

Hello.. Im a new Doll owner since 1 months ago and I have already repair her on the right heel and tonight I must repair her second hole (back). But the most worrying part is her left knee ,,,,Its really some mess but what to do?
Is it a regular thing to do with the Dolls?

Elfie
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Elfie »

rolf67ino wrote:Hello.. Im a new Doll owner since 1 months ago and I have already repair her on the right heel and tonight I must repair her second hole (back). But the most worrying part is her left knee ,,,,Its really some mess but what to do?
Is it a regular thing to do with the Dolls?
Give us more details about your doll and problems. Sound like you have an inflatable doll or something not very expensive.
"HaPpy or S~a~D depends on your mind, nothing else can force you to be", so find a way to think positively and stay HaPpy
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13791

rolf67ino
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by rolf67ino »

Problem solved send the doll for reparation to the factory

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

This is a difficult question . . . and I came here wondering about suggesting moving a thread I did . . .

Inspired on the DS forum http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=52904 about changing eyes, which itself has information specific to DS I did a thread showing how to do it and repairing the eye http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=54940 but in a manner which was intended to be usefully entertaining as was Chloé's tutorial on movement and safety briefing for all dolls - http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=53612

Were the entertaining thread be within a repairs section it might well be hidden there without giving the fun of which it's capable. Perhaps making it sticky would keep both its usefulness and entertainment prominent.

Dry repairs threads can be rather offputting, and where the fault is not necessarily a fault of the doll or the manufacturer, it could be rather damaging to the manufacturer and the brand of doll.

Perhaps one answer might be a sticky in each section with an index listing threads in the general forum which deal helpfully with specific repairs . . . ?

No very easy answers . . .

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

nicomysterio
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by nicomysterio »

Think this maybe off topic but I was wondering how often the silicone dolls need to be repaired and can you donit yourself ? If not if anyone knows a UK repairer that's very appreciated

thickbutt_lover
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by thickbutt_lover »

I don't see a possibles worth it.

Mbrown
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Mbrown »

I personally don't think it would be too confusing. Just a few categories by manufacturers and a generic one as was already suggested.

Silicone repairs might be pretty standard, but skeletal issues would be of a different nature. Furthermore, not all manufactures use the same grade of silicone. And then many manufactures usually specialize in one of either tpe or silicone.

Anyway - I don't think it's so confusing just to choose from list before getting in the forum. Especially if you could search all categories.

DanielDI
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by DanielDI »

Hmm...The site isn't so confusing that with a little patience and curiosity you can't find the neighborhood your looking for.

INFORMATIONS