realsexdoll.com

New Member - Love This Forum

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Marky_St

New Member - Love This Forum

Post by Marky_St »

Just a quick introduction. I have 'lurked' on this site for a long time. Thought it was time to register and become part of the community.

For SO many years, I have been intrigued by the RealDoll, knowing I can never afford one. It seems that now, more than ever, there are great dolls out there at prices I can (almost) afford. I am happily married and think my wife would be apprehensive, but eventually ok with bringing a silicone friend to bed.

The blow ups are more in my price range, but I am very visual, so a pretty face and realistic proportions are important. The mini dolls are very intriguing, because of their detail price and easy storage. This time, I really want to buy my first doll. A lot of reading ahead and I want to thank you in advance for enduring my dumb questions ahead of time!

Mark
Best Regards,
Mark

Sanhui 165+
Summer

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New Member - Love This Forum

Post by netwit »

Welcome to the forum, Marky_St. Glad you decided to join.
It's interesting: I joined the site probably within an hour of finding it (I also had an interest in RDs, since the 90s from the Stern show :P )
whereas it seems many members, maybe most, lurk a bit first before jumping in.
I'm married too, but Mrs. Netwit, while extremely supportive of my hobby, has no inclination towards sleeping with them. I'm happy enough that she comes to the doll meets.

There are no dumb questions....just dumb people. So if you ask a dumb question, I'll just take it as a question from a dumb person. You're welcome. :D
j/k welcome aboard :thumbs_up:

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hi Mark,
:glou: Welcome to TDF :glou:
and the wonderful world of dolls. Feel free to ask what you want to know, especially when buying a doll. On the main page you can find all trustfully manufacturers and vendors so you can be sure to feel safe when placing an order. On the TDF sales perhaps you can find a nice doll who comes in your price range.
Have a lot of fun with us :wink:

:D Guy

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

Welcome to TDF Marky_ST. It's really neat to see new members emerge from the pool of "guests" that you see present on a thread at the bottom of each page. I'm glad you dropped the other shoe.
Since you've been a long time lurker, you probably know where to go to find most of what you're looking for. But just in case the 'dolls in general' forum in the specialty and general area, as well as 'open forum' in the special interest area, are two places you might want to start looking in or ask questions in, to get more specific answers. If that doesn't work :idea: private message me, and I'll try to lead you to the appropriate resource. :D

Marky_St

Post by Marky_St »

Thanks for the warm welcome!

It seems like this should be an easy choice, but I've gone back and forth on a purchase for years. I have looked, for some time now, at Taffy, and heard about some special discounts. Unless something out there was just amazing, my full-on budget is $1k. Not sure if that is realistic or not for a quality solid silicone?

For that price point, I know there will be compromises. As well, and maybe more importantly, I want to deal with someone reputable.

I know this has been asked a million times. Sometimes, the more I read, the more confusing it can be for a novice. Having said that, can I ask for your own opinions and maybe focus in on a few manufacturers. Here are the main things I'm looking for:

* Pretty believable face, long straight hair
* Realistic proportions. Average sized breasts, not overly large
* Leggy, nice butt! with as few mold lines as possible
* May have to go 'mini', because I don't want a large crate delivered

This will be a 'companion' for sex. I don't *think* posable will be important to me, but not sure? Of course, I'll take a few photos to post here, but 'she' will mainly accompany my wife and I in bed. I probably will dress her since I find clothing very attractive.

Any general direction or manufacturers to start looking at? Please ask me any questions that might help narrow it down too. I've read a lot, but have no experience. Thanks again. Hopefully, I can start contributing as well with my 'first doll' experience soon!

Best Regards,
Mark
Best Regards,
Mark

Sanhui 165+
Summer

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

Welcome, and use the Forum as a resource and support network to get the most out of your doll experience.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Hello Marky_St, and welcome to the forum!

I don't own a doll yet, so I can't help very much, but I can say that reading in the manufacturer's forums, and looking at their respective websites, is a great way to familiarize yourself with what's out there. Your list mentions a few attributes that are going to be difficult to find for $1000, unless you are willing to purchase "used". You may have to compromise a bit, but there are several choices these days. It's a good time to get into this hobby.

Good luck, keep asking questions, and keep us posted!
:glou:

Slew

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

Welcome to the forum, Marky_St, you've come to the right place.
Is this doll going to be a surprise ( 8O ) to your wife, or is she onboard with it?
If she's involved at this stage, let her help choose. That will insure you find the one
she is most interested in. If it's going to be a case of talking her into it, save your money
for the most realistic one you can afford. Anything cheap and it will be a tough sell.
We selected our first girl together, even visiting the mfg. studio (PIB) to see one. My wife
and I enjoy having our girls around, and because we have several, there is not just a
single girl that might spark jealous feelings. Each one is just part of the family,
but we both have our favorites :wink:

Marky_St

Post by Marky_St »

CharlieWone wrote:Welcome to the forum, Marky_St, you've come to the right place.
Is this doll going to be a surprise ( 8O ) to your wife, or is she onboard with it?
If she's involved at this stage, let her help choose. That will insure you find the one
she is most interested in. If it's going to be a case of talking her into it, save your money
for the most realistic one you can afford. Anything cheap and it will be a tough sell.
We selected our first girl together, even visiting the mfg. studio (PIB) to see one. My wife
and I enjoy having our girls around, and because we have several, there is not just a
single girl that might spark jealous feelings. Each one is just part of the family,
but we both have our favorites :wink:
That's a good question. We've talked about it and she's fine ...except for the cost. That's why I'm being careful with the budget. I have even thought about the $500ish torsos, but just don't think it would work for either of us.

Thank you for all the welcomes. I'm sure you'll come across many more of my questions!

Best,
Mark
Best Regards,
Mark

Sanhui 165+
Summer

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Assuming you want the whole body, at $1K or less, you are looking at a Teddybabe, a Candy8teen, a Fabric Anime doll, a Natasha from 1AM, or very small silicone elf-doll from 1AM or BeautifulDolls. Each one of these comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages, so it really comes down to what features are most important to you.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

CaliDoll

Post by CaliDoll »

I'm new to the whole doll thing so I can relate to you. So I'll give ya a brief description on how I've come along. I bought a meiki torso from toydemon and a fleshlight. Great fun! But left me wanting a more realistic experience. Mind you I'm going through a divorce and other than having a woman for a poke, I have no interest in the BS/relationship crap that goes on.

I first bought a regular teddy babe which turned out not to be what I was looking for my particular scenario. Awesome workman ship! So I decided to get a teddy babe deluxe. Which is one of the best purchases I've ever made! So much fun to dress and cuddle. The one thing I feel it lacks is being able to have sex with them. I'd rather use the meiki. Just my opinion.

I bought a wicked jessica drake on here and wow what a price of art these dolls are. Now I never did anything with here sexually it was so life like and fun to have for the few weeks I had her. My subconscious got to me (lawyer bills for the divorce) that I ended up selling her too quickly now that I think about it.

So I'm browsing on YouTube and came across Ruby13 channel. OMG I fell in love and after a few beers I said wtf it's only money and I have a credit card lol.

So in short I'd say get what you know you want now. There's so much information on here and everyone is extremely helpfull if you have a question.

I'll get off my little soap box now. :)

Marky_St

Post by Marky_St »

Great info.

Finding that what I really want is going to run more like $1600-$2000. 1AM and BeautifulDolls fall into this higher budget. With these companies, I am concerned about customs and duty.

A used doll would also be an option. There's the hygienic concern and that makes me wonder too. Is there a standard 'sanitizing' that can be done. Sounds stupid, but I just don't know.

Thanks again. I am enjoying looking at these, but now want one more than ever!

Best,
Mark
Best Regards,
Mark

Sanhui 165+
Summer

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

You're still here.. :) Good!

It seems you're serious enough, and I was going to say earlier, not sure why I didn't... if your budget could stretch up to $2k or so, you get better value, proportionately. Those TPE dolls on 1AM and BeautifulDolls are really pretty, and most for less than half what you'd pay for a high end silicone doll.

Right now Your Doll has a Viola with minor neck flaw on sale for $1700. That's $650 off!!

Keep saving! And slowly hint that to your wife that $2k is a wiser investment. :wink:

Slew

jbmac

Post by jbmac »

My mean non-loving wife told me she is divorcing me. You can bet my next love will be a doll!

Marky_St

Post by Marky_St »

Well Slew,
That is a nice looking lady. I've never heard of Your Doll, but they sure look nice.

Looking at 1AM also. Several in this price/quality range ship directly from China. Has anyone run into problems with shipments being open or duty charges? It sure would be nice to buy in the USA, but that's when the price seems to spike.

Any thoughts or experiences with these companies?

Thanks,
Mark
Best Regards,
Mark

Sanhui 165+
Summer

INFORMATIONS