It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 5:01 pm

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 12 of 12 [ 172 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Post subject: Re: We Are the Robots: the Fleet of Misfit Machines
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:06 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

42716 wrote:
Mello_Pello wrote:
wouldnt it be cool to 'make' a perfect getaway and imaginary space in a corner of a room? A place that U can make for free...a fantasy place or space to take Ur companion to on special times.

This is basically what I've done with the room where I piled up all the pillows to make a resting station for us. That entire room is sort of a secret base, filled with all sorts of colourful, cute things. It was mostly inspired by the secret bases you can make in the Pokémon games, which allow you to put cute dolls and posters in a little space your Pokémon carves out of a rock or tree. Kind of strange, when you think about it, since they'd all get destroyed by the elements pretty quickly.

I think it's a good idea, especially if you can't afford to go out and see the world...but if you can do, then experiencing adventure for real is sure to be more rewarding than just imagining. That's why I'm working to make it possible for all of us to do more travelling and have more exciting experiences. It's not going to be easy, on my budget, and certainly trips like this will be out of the question most, if not all, of the time, but I'm determined to make it happen.

Thats awesome 42716. I dont know much about Pokemon..but what you describe sounds pretty rad to me. Ive always been about creating and having my own little forts and secret places. Places I can escape to. Even as an adult...I collect books about building cabins and forest forts and such. I feel at peace thinking about my own places, where no one can find me and I can do as I please. I do agree, I enjoy my roadtrips and daily getaways. Havent taken my doll, but me and my dogs love getting in the car and just taking off. Freedom on the road. Anyways, I think I understand what youre saying..U wanna take the misfits to places and experience some memories together. I think thats cool. And I dig Ur style:) Thanks again for the read...always enjoy keeping up to date with Ur thread.
-Mello

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:40 am 

SynDaverlover765 wrote:
How nice is it to sleep with sounds like that. How many hours do you and 31617 listen to it? 1062 and I advrage 15 hours a day of im playing his sounds. Love sleeping with his sounds. Do the others listen too? Too bad that 31617 or any of the others could play the cd for you. Who or what plays your music anyway? Is it another member of the fleet? What is the name or link to what you are listening to at night.

My old friend 5059434 (505 for short) is the one that plays the relaxing CDs for us, just as it has done for me these past 20-plus years.
It's the one on the right in the photo.
Attachment:
K-5 and 505.JPG
K-5 and 505.JPG [ 2.45 MiB | Viewed 178 times ]
K-5 on the left is its predecessor, and being a cassette-only machine, sadly doesn't see much use as a music player these days, since I've transitioned most of my music collection to CDs and MP3s. It's still useful as a microphone system for karaoke practice, though.

When 31617 and I listen to relaxing music, we put it on just before going to sleep. Depending on how tired we are, we sometimes don't get to hear more than about 10 minutes of the music before nodding off. Most of our relaxing CDs consist of lullaby versions of songs from the Pokémon RPGs which I've created through a rather complicated rendering process. I start with the MP3 file of the original song, then use Audacity to alter the pitch to eliminate any shrill sounds, and reduce the tempo to a slower, more soothing pace. I then use Acid Music Studio to create an extended length version of the song by smoothing the edges of the clip and merging several copies of it into a 10-minute loop. I sometimes add additional layers of sound that I think would compliment the song, such as overlaying an ocean waves sound effect over a tune that plays in a seaside town within the game. Then I create 1-hour CDs with 6 songs per disc.

I can't link you to those songs, since they're ones I created myself, and I haven't uploaded them anywhere. But I can give you a link to another type of soothing music we sometimes listen to. Fun fact: we discovered this music through IMVU. Back in the days when 31617 was still a prototype, we used to use virtual avatars of ourselves in IMVU to simulate a full-body connection that we weren't able to achieve at the time. Here's the video:

We have some other types of music that my platonic friends and I listen to when we lie together. This is quite a different experience, because we listen to it while lying on the TR station (the pile of cushions and body pillows on the floor of our secret base room), and the goal isn't to go to sleep for the night, but just to relax for a while and then get up and continue on with the day. (But I sometimes fall asleep anyway, if I'm tired enough.)

When I'm lying with 103115, we listen to this music:

I'd advise listening to only the first hour of both of these videos, because the music gets louder and more energetic later on, which ruins the relaxing atmosphere.

When I'm lying with SV02 or 52016, we listen to a CD called Celtic Dreamland. I don't think there's a free upload of the full CD available, but you could search the names of the individual songs to find versions on YouTube. If you can afford to buy the CD, however, I'd recommend it; it's some of the most relaxing music I've ever heard. Here's the link to the website where it's sold, which offers 1-minute samples of the songs: https://www.putumayo.com/shop/celtic-dreamland/

SV03 isn't picky about what music I put on, but then again, I don't lie with her very often because she prefers to lie with one of her other friends (usually SV02 or Mr #TBD) instead of me.

I don't listen to music with 217, because she's uniquely configured to sit on the sofa, so we usually play video games together when we're sitting there together. I get the impression that she prefers listening to speech (audiobooks and radio programmes) rather than music, in any case. And 119 is unique, because she doesn't ever lie down if she can help it, except for the one time she made an exception to help me rest my sore back.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:45 am 

Mello_Pello wrote:
Ive always been about creating and having my own little forts and secret places. Places I can escape to. Even as an adult...I collect books about building cabins and forest forts and such. I feel at peace thinking about my own places, where no one can find me and I can do as I please.

There's a word in Swedish which describes this sort of place that no one else can find, where a person can be at peace with him/herself and nature: smultronställe. It literally means "wild strawberry place", because escaping to this place of solitude is a rare and delicious treasure, much like a wild strawberry. If wild strawberries actually grow in your smultronställe, it's an added bonus!

Post subject: Computer Love Tape Complete
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:07 pm 

Here it is, the intensely tame love tape 31617 and I created during our anniversary getaway. The password required to view the video is "dator_dejt":

As for the winter outfit photo shoot, I've decided to do it next Monday, when we'll have access to a more picturesque and better-lit background than my basement. My goal is to have all the accessories made, and retain all my fingers in the process, by the end of this week, so the outfits will be complete for the shoot.

It may seem strange to still be dressed in winter clothes this late in the year, but the weather is actually encouraging my procrastination, because the temperature has been hovering around 10º-12º recently, and today has dropped as low as 5º. Personally, I consider it too cold for short sleeves until the temperature reaches 15º, and it probably won't consistently stay at or above that level for another week or two.

Also, here's an updated version of our signature banner, to reflect the change from SV01 to 31617:
Attachment:
banner image 3.jpg
banner image 3.jpg [ 387.98 KiB | Viewed 178 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:39 pm 
Doll
Doll

You have a very good grasp of video, I wish CC did!

Great video and I really like 31617!

My Gallery Links:
Aprils workout gallery link: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=7413
Aprils hanging out gallery link: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=7320

Post subject: Re: Computer Love Tape Complete
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:37 am 

42716 wrote:
Here it is, the intensely tame love tape 31617 and I created during our anniversary getaway. The password required to view the video is "dator_dejt":

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing that with us, 42716.

42716 wrote:
If wild strawberries actually grow in your smultronställe, it's an added bonus!

A perfect little world! Hey, would it be okay if I call you 42? A catchy nickname; the answer to life, the universe and everything.

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:45 am 
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Wonderful things! Happy to see you here again posting. Been busy myself.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Page 12 of 12 [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12