www.wmdolls.com

mannequin purchasing advice needed

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

mannequin purchasing advice needed

Post by karpos »

Hey guys and gals,

I am starting up my own custom leather crafting shop specializing in bondage/fetish gear so I am going to need some mannequins to model it for pictures. I figure since you all are occasionally cruising for deals on mannequins and parts you all would be the folks to come to for advice. I want adult, full size mannequins that are barbie-doll anatomically correct. As in no nipples or vaginas. Where would be the best place to pick up cheap but quality dolls that I can use as display models. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

btw: I love the ingenuity you all have for making your dolls functional and real. :D
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

lovingchanj
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: mannequin purchasing advice needed

Post by lovingchanj »

The more I understand, the less I know.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hi Karpos,

I can second the recommendation for Roxy Display.
They usually have the best price on the internet, and the shipping is fast and the customer service is petty good.

Another good place is Buystoreshelving.com http://buystoreshelving.com/mannequins/index.htm
Their prices are usually a bit higher than Roxy but not always. It always pays to check different stores.
They seem to have a larger selection on certain items.

You won't find a vagina on a store bought mannequin, but most of the sexy ones do have the basic nipple shape sculpted in.

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. I am basically just trying to get something to display my basic items on that will not get me tossed into an adults only area on places like Ebay. I am really hoping to do LARP gear but use the bodage/fetish market to be my bread and butter market. Heck I might even ask to be a vendor here and make doll sized leather gear for those interested. :D
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

I third the Roxy Display recommendation, and second the Buystorefixtures.com recommendation. The two mannequins I own right now, one is from the former, one is from the latter.

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

My mannequin forum heroes :D have already given good advice and I am certainly not knowledgeable enough to give much anyway, but, that said, I would like to recommend one of their main threads that I found to be a treasure: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 40&t=40224
And even though the title suggests tools and modification, there is a lot of subtleties to learn about mannequins in there.

You might want to consider material( pvc, fiberglass) and quality of item( e.g. manufacturer see said thread) in addition to where to get them and I would highly recommend considering older used high quality ones if you find a good source.

In any case, all the best!
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Yup, nipples may be a problem on some mannequins. Fiberglass mannequins could probably have the nipples removed and patched over. You might look on Craigslist or eBay for used mannequins close enough for local pick up. Older units may not have nipples.

Best of luck on your business venture!
RK :thumbs_up:
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

INFORMATIONS