www.wmdolls.com

Tools for modifying MQ's

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Tools for modifying MQ's

Post by MannequinFan »

YAY! I bought myself a Christmas present today...
IMG_2009.JPG
IMG_2009.JPG (233.42 KiB) Viewed 4560 times
They had them on sale at Lowes for $69. I was looking at the cheaper 2 speed model which was $55 but it didn't include the cutting guide accessory which sells for $18 by itself.
So I think this one was a good value as it came with more accessories and a nice case. This will make my work much easier now that I have 2 projects to work on, lol. :roll:
CharlieWone wrote: Can't wait to see what you come up with next :D
Thanks Charlie! I always appreciate your compliments and advice. :D

In addition to my little MS barbie doll mod adventure, Fiona will be my next mannequin project.
I got her from Roxy Display and when she arrived she had some damage and paint defects so they gave me 40% off on the price, which I thought was pretty decent of them. Since I was planning on redoing her anyway it seemed silly to return it.
Fiona is the glossy white version of this mannequin and $40 cheaper...
http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/m ... e/fr7.html

Of all the mannequins that I've looked at, this one, aside from the tucked under right leg, is probably in the best position for sex of any I've seen so far. Here is what I plan to do with her if possible:
1. Moveable/removable head with glass eyes.
2. Magnetic ball/socket shoulder joints instead of the hooks. Arm caps for play.
3. Full size Fleshlight insert (Teagan Presley).
4. The standard paint job with tan lines of course!
5. New right leg to match her left one... 8O
IMG_1895-4.JPG
IMG_1895-4.JPG (271.06 KiB) Viewed 4560 times
I'd really love to use the Heather Vandeven like in the pic, but I'm afraid I'll have the same problem that I had with Sammie. I know the Fleshlight will be usable, and I can change the insert for a new look and feel if I want.
In order to do the leg I'll have to revise the leg joint on her body some to match the left leg profile. The Dremel should come in very handy for this work.
IMG_1979.JPG
IMG_1979.JPG (518.14 KiB) Viewed 4558 times
The black sketch lines is where I'll have to cut it back, the red is where it will need to be built up with epoxy putty. This should also widen out her crotch area some which will be a good thing.

Well that's it for now. Hope everyone has a great holiday!
Cheers!

Bennko64
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Bennko64 »

Just wondering has anyone modded a silicon torso with Mannequin legs head and arms before. That's my plan... I think there are a few advantages doing this. 1. The head will be easily removed and replaced with different heads and styles for cheap using Mannequin and Hairdressing training heads. That gives a far greater diverse range of heads to choose from and for very little cost. 2. The weight will be far less than a realdoll as it contains no skeleton, so it's easy to pick her up and move her around. 3. Limbs can be detached so she's easy to store or transport. I was thinking how to mod a torso with Mannequin limbs without damaging the silicon. Well... I thought purchase a flexible mannequin (posable limbs) cut and size match/color match the limb to the body, and use velcro strips to hold them in place (easy to detach on and off without damaging anything) and then cover any small gaps with arm stockings and leg stockings... Jobs a good en.

Decibelbass
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Decibelbass »

So much good information here, I'm glad I found this site! Thanks to all that contribute.

KiayanDom

Post by KiayanDom »

Pardon my last pictures being deleted from the source.
Here are some pics of the mod.
Fiberglass mannequin with a hole removed for a fleshlight.
I cut the fleshlight (Generic on Ebay for $20+ works awesome!) down so it would not stick out very far.

To make the hole I used a Dremel and drilled tiny holes around the circle, and then removed the material in between the holes with the drill on a higher speed. I also hooked up the vacuum and held it right by the Dremel while I worked, to suck up all the dust. I did wear a face mask too.

Also: I put an epoxy around the inner part of the hole, to strengthen that area and keep it from wearing since the Fleshlight will be inserted and removed often.

"Somewhere a Queen is weeping. Somewhere a King has no wife"- Jimi Hendrix

bafamed
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bafamed »

a heated knife with very hot blade, cut plastic easily? it could work?

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

bafamed wrote:a heated knife with very hot blade, cut plastic easily? it could work?
Hi Befamed,
I wouldn't recommend burning the plastic to cut it. Depending on the material,the fumes could be quite hazardous.
Also the glass fiber reinforcing would pose a problem in the fiberglass mannequins.

If you go back to page 2 in this thread I have a pic showing how I cut the hole in Sammie. This is the best method that I have found.
Dom used the same basic method for his Kiaya above except he used a dremel instead of a drill, which is probably better if you have one.

I found that by cutting the initial hole smaller and grinding it out to the final size you don't have to worry about cutting the hole perfectly on the first go.
Also, the grinding smooths out the edges at the same time.

MF
8)

Bobbay

Post by Bobbay »

I recently modified a thick hollow plastic mannequin. I think this method is good for many mannequines and dolls, like My Size Barbie and whatnot. What worked great for me was this tool, which only cuts in a few small areas at a time, not the full circumfence simultaneously. I got it at Home Depot. I found that slowly pressing the drill down gave me good, controlled cutting. I went with 2" diameter, but wish I'd done 1 7/8". These come in every size one could wish
PC290209.JPG
PC290209.JPG (110.17 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
The finished hole
PC290207.JPG
PC290207.JPG (60.06 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
My best insert is one that came with my 1st PC doll years ago. It has great ridges for gripping the hole in the mannequin. It is amazingly durable and has incredibly great sensation. I don't know exactly what it is, but I think it might be a wonder wave FleshLite. I usually use a "washer" that I made out of a different insert, to provide even more resistance against the insert popping through the hole into the body. Bottom line is it stays in place and needs no support tube. So simple. I think having not support tube also allows a better variety of penis entry angles, since the insert floats in space inside the mannequin. Because it has an open hole in the end I attach a plastic collection bag that is held in place by rubber bands. The bands can also be used to make the hole tighter.
P1210204.JPG
P1210204.JPG (81.31 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
P1210207.JPG
P1210207.JPG (146.85 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
Here is how it looks in place:
P1130209.JPG
P1130209.JPG (29.93 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
Attachments
PC290211.JPG
PC290211.JPG (38.36 KiB) Viewed 4370 times

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks for the tips Bobbay.
Lots of great ideas on the inserts.

The hole saw shown worked for you, but I would recommend a finer tooth hole saw for metal on slow speed so it won't melt the material. The coarse tooth wood saw you used could snag on the MQ or doll and break the material. Especially since it's not a flat surface being bored. Plastic would be more prone to chipping or cracking than fiberglass.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

KiayanDom

Post by KiayanDom »

Yes, thanks Bobbay for the tip.
The plastic bag is such a good idea, and even the removal of the tube could be very helpful too.
"Somewhere a Queen is weeping. Somewhere a King has no wife"- Jimi Hendrix

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

WHOOOHOOO!
we're over 10,000 views!
Thanks to everyone for their contributions to this thread and to Narcissus for starting it!
There are a lot of poor mannequins out there in need of a modification, so let's keep it going!

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hi Bobbay,

Nice job and thanks for sharing! That's a good point you made about the entry angle and no support tube.
Could you share more pics and info about your mannequin? I'd really like to see her.

MF
:)

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

MannequinFan wrote:Hi Bobbay,

Could you share more pics and info about your mannequin? I'd really like to see her.

MF
:)
+1
It looks like her legs swivel at the crotch. Don't most MQ legs connect at the thighs?
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Lately I've been having a lot of fun with 3d scanning my mannequins and experimenting with some design ideas on the computer as well as looking at some of the possibilities that 3d printing offers.
One thing I was looking at was designing an eye unit that could be easily installed in a mannequin for glass eyes.
The unit would use large 29mm glass eyes and would have upper and lower eyelids that could be 3d printed and glued into the mannequin to form a nice smooth socket for the eyes.
You can get the glass eyes here: http://www.tech-optics.com/mannequineyes
eye cup.jpg
eye cup.jpg (733 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
This is a scan of Sammie's head that I did with the Kinect showing how the eye units would look installed.
Also, I thought it might be fun to see what some elf ears would look like. :)
These could also be easily 3d printed and glued on the mannequin.
Elf Ears.gif
Elf Ears.gif (945.83 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
With hair and earrings...
Abby-Elf Head.png
Abby-Elf Head.png (246.65 KiB) Viewed 4200 times

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Good ideas and thanks for the link on the eyes.

I have located a "Liv styling head" I'm going to be picking up next week.
I think it will work great for my enhanced sized barbies.
The head is supposed to me 7" tall vs MS barbies 5-3/4" tall.
Should be a little wider too.
A 7" tall head should be in proper proportion for a 48" tall female.

I'm wanting to make her upper and lower eye lines a little closer together. More cat eye like Michelle as Catwoman.
The eyes of the Liv S.H. are supposed to be more like rounded eyes in a socket than the flat painted eyes of the newer MS barbies or barbie S.H's. The Liv SH has no rooted hair and are designed for wigs from the start. Hoping I can cut a access panel in the top back area of the head and install some glass eyes. I will probably sculpt the eye openings? I have to get the head first to really see what's possible.
Attachments
liv 3.jpg
liv 3.jpg (16.57 KiB) Viewed 4195 times
137056.jpg
137056.jpg (64.65 KiB) Viewed 4196 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey RK, those heads look interesting. Looks almost like a larger angel barbie head - almost full size.
The only thing is that it is another child's toy item. Doesn't bother me but to others it may.
Sammie's face is small and is just a little over 7-1/2" tall.
Sammie Head.png
Sammie Head.png (145.64 KiB) Viewed 4190 times
Here is a Youtube review of the Liv head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2e0HGvUTFs
If you skip to 1:30 they show the comparison to a full size styrofoam head and they show the head without the wig a little later.
Looks like there's some kind of plastic towel thing on the head - not sure if it comes off or what.
The eyes and lips actually look pretty nice on the youtube.

Just for reference, here is one of the 13" Liv dolls scaled up to the MSB size...
livdoll.jpg
livdoll.jpg (579.54 KiB) Viewed 4183 times

INFORMATIONS