www.wmdolls.com

Tools for modifying MQ's

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: Tools for modifying MQ's

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks for the info and link.

It's ironic how some of these toy heads are sexier than some production sex doll heads! It doesn't bother my either what a piece of plastic once was, it's the end result that makes a difference. A small, factory made, sex doll can be made to look like a 11 yr old if one wishes.

The net thing on the head is supposed to hold the wig, but it's not a very good design. I can't watch Youtube on the computer I'm on to see what they say about it, but I have access to another one I can. I've just read the reviews that said the provided wig/s are very cheap and don't stay in place when you actually try to brush or style the hair.
I plan on getting a higher grade wig, attaching it better and not messing with it.

The Liv head and other styling heads seem to not be great products for various reasons and don't have much resale value. The Liv heads can be bought for around $20.00. There is also a Liv african american model too.

I like the (12" over all height) size Barbie styling heads, but don't think the head is much bigger than a MSB head. I think the head itself is 6-1/2" in height approx. There is also a very small 8" size styling head that won't work.
I'm crazy about the tan color of the primp and polish head! The Barbie "loves fashion" head is closed mouth, but very hard to find.
Attachments
barbie primp and polish styling-head.jpg
barbie primp and polish styling-head.jpg (24.47 KiB) Viewed 7970 times
Barbie-Loves-Beauty-Styling-Head-3.jpg
Barbie-Loves-Beauty-Styling-Head-3.jpg (34.5 KiB) Viewed 7970 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

The Liv head on the Youtube looks a little different than the one in your pic you posted. It actually looks like a larger version of the angel barbie head.

Here's another head from Roxy Display that would make a great Michelle Pfeiffer...
http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/h ... /ph17.html
I don't like the eye makeup they used on it but that could be easily changed.
Roxy claims that this is 16" tall from top to bottom.
The face is clearly less than half the height, so if that height is correct then this must be a pretty small face.
This pic looks very Michelle like...

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks.
Yes, I do like the facial looks of that Roxy model.
The head must be around 7" I would assume.
$35.00 shipped, very fair price too.

Have you considered making a facial mold of a mannequin head. Casting a skin about 1/4" thick then using silpoxy/ whatever works? to attach that to a smaller head like the MS barbie? Resulting in a soft skinned, plastic skulled head!!
I looked at buying a Ruby13 head at $500.00? and a complete BoyToy head will run $900.00. BT won't even sell you one unless you have a doll.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

rubherkitty wrote:Have you considered making a facial mold of a mannequin head. Casting a skin about 1/4" thick then using silpoxy/ whatever works? to attach that to a smaller head like the MS barbie? Resulting in a soft skinned, plastic skulled head!!
I don't have money to spend for moldmaking at the moment, but the idea is very interesting. :)
I thought about something similar a while back where the mannequin would have basically an egg shaped featureless head and then a silcone "mask" type of head could be slipped over it for a changeable face.

It looks like I may have some work lined up here soon, so my first goal is to buy my own 3d printer.
I think it would be fun to take a 3d scan of Fiona or Sammie's head and give her a slightly open mouth, teeth, tongue and throat and then 3d print it, then mold it and sell silicone casts.
With the Kinect for scanning, Rhino+Tsplines and Meshmixer programs for modeling and a 3d printer, I don't think there would be too much that I couldn't do. But that's for the future. :wink:

BTW, Patrick sells heads for the PIBs separately as well. The last I checked they were $700. He has a lot of different looks to choose from too.
I think the PIB heads would also be the easiest to adapt to a mannequin. CharlieWone put one on his kneeling mannequin using a cardboard tube for the neck extension.

MF
8)

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks
Just ck'd out the PIB heads.
Yes, $700.00 and WOW do they have some lookers!

Still way beyond my hotdog & white bread budget.
How much do you estimate it would run to buy all the molding material, silicone, small vacumn chamber, etc to set up make a head skin to cover over a plastic skull? I'm sure it would be too much for a 1 off project, but once set up, you can make many.

The small barbie styling heads can be bought for around $12.00 to use as a skull. If I was going into production, I would make a 2 pc mold and cast silicone around the complete skull.

I might ck out some cosmetology heads at the beauty supply places and see what they are like. I saw some cheap ones yrs ago and wasn't impressed. I think they have nicer ones now. Real human implanted hair!
Attachments
clic brand: Angel or Courtney for around $80.00
clic brand: Angel or Courtney for around $80.00
clic head 2.jpg (19.7 KiB) Viewed 7950 times
annie.jpg
annie.jpg (105.46 KiB) Viewed 7951 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

I'm not sure about the setup costs RK, I haven't really studied it, but I think you could probably avoid the vacuum chamber by skinning the mold and then filling it very slowly in a thin stream. For a whole doll that may not be practical, but for a small item like a head it would probably work.
If you wanted to be anatomically correct, for $15 you could get an actual plastic skull...
http://www.skeleton-factory.com/Budget- ... e-Skull-32

If I were going to make a high end head to sell, I would probably get something like this, scan it and make the necessary changes and 3d print a simplified version, make a silicone mold and cast it in a hard foam. The foam could be painted with Epsilon for surface strength.
http://www.smooth-on.com/Epoxy-Coatings ... index.html

I would also want to have a working jawbone for realism, which would be another good application for 3d printing.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Certainly a better idea and head than mine, but I'm the "want it done yesterday" kinda guy. I'll play w/some off the shelf budget heads and see what I can do. I'll attach the head to body via a threaded rod & nut or ball & magnet set up like you've discussed. Maybe the flex neck idea like I mentioned? I can ponder the molded head idea around more when I have time and can always swap heads later.

I'm just anxious to build a really radical new doll now having learned much from Veronica's build.

Just a added FYI for those who care. The reason I am so up on using the barbie type syling heads is they are mounted to a rather thin neck. This means the head is a little more compatable w/t neck of the MS Barbie. If your using a full size mannequin, this really doesn't apply.

EDIT: Attn MF.
I watched the Youtube clip of the Liv head in it's entirety and that is the Liv head I'm getting. Yes, she looks very similar to the MSB Angel head, just a step up in size. That's why I'm getting it! LOL. Hope it works out well.

Delosian

Post by Delosian »

Hey MannequinFan, I just won a kneeling mannequin on eBay and wanted to mod it but I have no skill when it comes to this. Also, no working space. Any chance I can get you to do it for me? I would rather pay someone who knows how to do it right than to spend all the money for the tools and materials. Here's a few pics:
$T2eC16NHJHgE9n0yEiheBRN6mPGvBw~~60_1.jpg
$T2eC16NHJHgE9n0yEiheBRN6mPGvBw~~60_1.jpg (9.83 KiB) Viewed 7890 times
$T2eC16ZHJGkE9no8iK0vBRN6mNqe7g~~60_1.jpg
$T2eC16ZHJGkE9no8iK0vBRN6mNqe7g~~60_1.jpg (10.97 KiB) Viewed 7890 times
$T2eC16hHJF8E9nnC9bhyBRN6mOYU+g~~60_1.jpg
$T2eC16hHJF8E9nnC9bhyBRN6mOYU+g~~60_1.jpg (10.35 KiB) Viewed 7890 times
Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Delosian

kamron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by kamron »

Hello there Guru, you simply need to drill two holes,draw your line opening and just use a hack saw blade by hand. Cut a diamond shape. but be careful some mannequins are fiberglass and its a real mess inside there lotta sharp edges. so look what you got inside there first, before you put something else in there :)

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Delosian wrote:Hey MannequinFan, I just won a kneeling mannequin on eBay and wanted to mod it but I have no skill when it comes to this. Also, no working space. Any chance I can get you to do it for me? I would rather pay someone who knows how to do it right than to spend all the money for the tools and materials. Here's a few pics:

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Delosian
Hi Delosian,
It would be fun to do a mod for a fellow TDF member, but fortunately and unforturnately I am back to work now, :) :( :) :( :) so my time is sort of limited.
I'm located in the midwest US so depending on where you are the shipping cost alone each way could very well cost more than the mannequin.
Are you looking to do a complete makeover like I did on Sammie or just put a hole in her for usability?
For little more than the cost of shipping the mannequin you could purchase the tools you would need.

Kamron,
The easiest and best way I have found to cut smooth precise holes in mannequins and plastic is to drill a series of holes close together and then use a Dremel cutting bit to "connect the dots" so to speak. Cut the rough hole slightly smaller and then use a rotary file bit to size the hole precisely and smooth it off. The shape of the hole will depend on the insert used. If you are wanting to get two entries it may be better to look at an insert with two entries like the Heather Vandeven instead of trying to have two separate holes. Keep in mind that each hole will need to be at least 2" in diameter to allow for use. The smallest Fleshlight case (Sex in a can) has an opening of about 2" diameter. Many people find this to be too tight. The regular Fleshlight is 2-5/8" diameter.
Here are the tools you need:
Basic variable speed drill - $30 at Home Depot. This is a great tool to have around for many uses so it's money well spent.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/BLACK-DECKER ... UX96zejt2M

Cheap set of drill bits - $6 at Lowes
http://www.lowes.com/pd_163004-70-15-11 ... ct_price|0

Dremel #561 cutting bit - $6 at Home Depot. These bits actually work better with the drill than they do in the Dremel tool. The drill has plenty of power at low speed which is what you need. The Dremel only works at high speed and tends to melt the plastic instead of cutting.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Dremel-1-8-i ... UX_2zejt2M

Rotary file bit - $3 at Lowes. This thing works like a charm to finish out the hole smoothly and precisely to the line.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_227515-68082-02 ... nfo=Kobalt

JB PlasticWeld epoxy putty - $5 at Home Depot. Use this to smooth and reinforce around the hole inside the mannequin, and to add small details to the sculpt if desired.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/J-B-Weld-2-o ... UYQdDejt2M

I used this process to make a precise square cut off on the MS barbie leg...
IMG_2099.JPG
IMG_2099.JPG (225.94 KiB) Viewed 7858 times
Notice that the holes are slightly above the line to leave some material to finish the cut precisely with the file and some sanding...
IMG_2100.JPG
IMG_2100.JPG (233.08 KiB) Viewed 7858 times
IMG_2101.JPG
IMG_2101.JPG (230.24 KiB) Viewed 7858 times
The rotary file bit works amazingly well. I used it to grind off a large internal connector post inside the leg (yellow arrow).
It went through the plastic easily in just a few minutes and ground it nice and flush to the inside surface.

Delosian

Post by Delosian »

Hi MannequinFan. I live in Arizona and its not so much the cost of all of the tools and materials, its that I would rather have someone who has done this before do it for me. I'm not looking for a full restore, just the insert installed. Yours looks like it came with the mannequin, not "after market". If you don't have the time, that's fine. I understand.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

I assume you are talking about the nice sculpting job he did to blend the insert in w/ the shape of the MQ.

What position/s did you have in mind for your lady? Looks like a rear attack is about it. If you do find someone to do the job, maybe they could make bendable knees so you could get her feet out of your way better. Would be fun to take her from behind kind of standing up. She's quite a lady!
Attachments
veronica knee%27s 010.jpg
veronica knee%27s 010.jpg (59.94 KiB) Viewed 7847 times

Delosian

Post by Delosian »

I figured I can remove her legs for missionary. Yeah, I liked the job he did with molding the little hump just above the labia.

kamron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by kamron »

Doll Advisor your a pro... wow !!! I just gotta do it the hard way. but your way is best. :)

bauyo
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by bauyo »

nice demostration,i think that its better a plastic MQ,to easy modify or cut some part of it, right ?

INFORMATIONS