www.wmdolls.com

Time for another mannequin mod! (Fiona my crouching MQ)

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Time for another mannequin mod! (Fiona my crouching MQ)

Post by MannequinFan »

Thanks Puma for the compliment and Agalmato for the link! :)

It took a couple of tries to get the tolerances worked out, but here is the finished printed moveable eye unit...
001.JPG
001.JPG (838.97 KiB) Viewed 6079 times
Both the eyeballs and eyelids needed to be easy to move but yet be snug fitting enough to hold their position, so it took a few trial prints to achieve that.
The upper and lower eyelids are separate prints that are glued together at the center which allows them to flex apart just enough for the eyeballs to be snapped in. The off-white color of the ABS is just about perfect for the eyeball color and an acetone rub gives them a little gloss.

I plan on printing a wand like tool with a concave tip coated in silicone for moving the eyes around without having to open the head.
Tomorrow I'll work on getting these installed in Fiona's head.

Agalmato
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Agalmato »

It's looking good!!! :thumbs_up:

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Thanks Agalmato! :)

Here is the installation process for the movable eye unit:
1. Using the printed cut-out template, the pattern is traced onto the mannequin with a fine point Sharpie.
Then holes are drilled about 3/8" apart with a 1/8" drill bit. The holes are kept inside the pattern line for the rough cut-out...
002.JPG
002.JPG (687.26 KiB) Viewed 6053 times
2. Using the Dremel #561 multipurpose cutting bit with the drill, the holes are then connected to make the rough cut-out.
Then the rotary file bit was used to take the opening precisely to the line and small adjustments were made until the eye unit fit snugly in the opening...
004.JPG
004.JPG (661.69 KiB) Viewed 6053 times
Using a Q-tip, plastic epoxy was applied to the joint inside the head to permanently affix the unit. Epoxy putty and ZAR filler will be used to finish the joint on the face.
006.JPG
006.JPG (372.67 KiB) Viewed 6053 times
Fiona now has nice big (29mm) expressive eyes! I also gave her some pierced ears in the process...
007.JPG
007.JPG (331.29 KiB) Viewed 6053 times
Here are the two drill bits that I used with my variable speed drill for this work...
Dremel bit: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Dremel-1-8-i ... /202263174
Rotary file bit: http://www.lowes.com/pd_227515-68082-02 ... 916&rpp=32

Agalmato
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Agalmato »

Can you post a front portrait shot? It's amazing how you got the eyes to line up. Even with the template, I would've expected a lot more adjustment.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Agalmato wrote:Can you post a front portrait shot? It's amazing how you got the eyes to line up. Even with the template, I would've expected a lot more adjustment.
Here's a couple of shots for you...
001.JPG
001.JPG (324.96 KiB) Viewed 6023 times
Sleepy time... :sleeping:
002.JPG
002.JPG (339.78 KiB) Viewed 6023 times
As you can see the fit wasn't perfect. There are some gaps at the nose - I think this was caused by the little re-sculpt I did at the corner of the eyes.
However, this will be easy to fix with the filler hopefully.

Agalmato
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Agalmato »

The eyes line up real nice.
Yes, filler and time is all you need :-)

dolllovingdog
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolllovingdog »

This thread is fascinating! You are a gifted man with amazing talents Mannequin Fan.

plasticplease
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by plasticplease »

Tibalt wrote:You turned me on at least.

Me too...lol.. something about a blank mannequin that is kinda hot

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

dolllovingdog wrote:This thread is fascinating! You are a gifted man with amazing talents Mannequin Fan.
Thanks very much DLD, I really appreciate the compliment!
Thanks Plasticplease, but she won't be blank for much longer. She'll be getting her first coat of paint soon.

I'm not sure if I can pull this off, but here is a visualization of how she would look with a Fleshlight mouth sleeve (Asa Akira) mod I've been thinking about...
http://www.fleshlight.com/fleshlight-gi ... asa-akira/
Asa Akira mouth sleeve.JPG
Asa Akira mouth sleeve.JPG (386.91 KiB) Viewed 5964 times
I would have to get an exact paint color match to the fleshlight to make this work, but being able to get a blowjob from Fiona would be awesome!

kalev
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by kalev »

Really interesting modifications you made. Am curious as to whether you think it would be possible to do the same with the flexible foam based mannequins given the structural difference between the foam and fiberglass/hard plastic mannequins? Thank You,
S

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

kalev wrote:Really interesting modifications you made. Am curious as to whether you think it would be possible to do the same with the flexible foam based mannequins given the structural difference between the foam and fiberglass/hard plastic mannequins? Thank You,
S
Thanks Kalev and welcome to the forum!

I guess anything could be possible, but with the foam MQ you would have to carve away the foam inside.
The fiberglass MQs are hollow inside so that makes things easier.
I've been working on more pressing things lately so I haven't had any time to work on Fiona or Abby at all. :(
Hopefully I can get back at it soon.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

These are really great I love v it.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

MannequinFan, I am really impressed & excited about your work. very nice job. I have been fascinated with animatronics a long time & I see this developing into love dolls in the future. actually really surprised it hasn't hit the market sooner. you know, TrueCompanion.com is the only one ive actually seen close to this. You have inspired me to dig out my boxes of servos & gadgets from all kinds of toys I have sacrificed for parts & "Nubblies". I have a collection of "Nubblies" that you wouldn't believe. If your interested, I have found that those old VCR camcorders (the big case ones from like the 80's) have 2 & sometimes 4 high torque servos able to lift a 5lb. bag of sugar. not all of them, but the strongest ones ive took out from "Magnavox" & "GE". these are the servo motors for focus & zoom.
do me a favor, if ya aint already, go get one at Goodwill for a few bucks & try them out. I have about 20 myself. you will be amazed !!!!....best 'o luck with Fiona ! she's far out !

MM.

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

Hey MF - very impressed with your project and devotion to details. I too wish 3d printers were easier to get a hold of in my neck of the woods.

A question, I see you are using the same (or similar) artificial nipples that I have chosen for my own project. I wonder what glue/adhesive you are planning on using to get them attatched to the mannequin? I have destroyed two pairs of nipples trying to glue them on with two component super-strength glue and double sided heavy duty tape, they simply curl up when they come in contact with the glue. I have ordered my third pair of nipples (the ebay merchant must think I have a nipple-eating fetish), and do not dare to attach them until I find some adhesive that doesn't react with the silicone. Any tips will be appreciated.
Now that Ive found your thread I will follow it with great interest, and I'll post some pics of my own inferior project when it's done :)

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Thanks MM and a thanks and welcome to the forum for Mandos! :)

MM I'm not really into the robotics thing since I'm a total numbnuts with electronics, but I'll be watching you if you give it a try!
I'm just wanting to be able to move the eyes to get different expressions and perhaps have a sleeping look.

Mandos, I haven't tried gluing the nipples yet but I was thinking of using a sparing amount of clear silicone adhesive like this stuff from Permatex...

Hopefully since it's silicone it won't attack the nipple material. Thanks for the heads up on the curling, I'll need to be careful about that.

As for 3d printer availability, the Afinia can be had from many different sources. Even Radio Shack is now selling them in their stores.
If you're re in Europe, the Up printer is essentially the same printer. The Afinia is just a re-branded Up.

INFORMATIONS