betterlovedoll.com

Midiman & Bianca on the Anderson Talk Show May 22

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Midiman & Bianca on the Anderson Talk Show May 22

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,...

Bianca wrote:You are essentially correct, Playtime. However for many adversaries it is not how they are clad but the fact that they can be classified as sex toys. This fact seems to negate their acceptance for all other applications.

Yeah but most will accept them if they are introduced to them as I have said,....
So if more go through this proccess than those who dont,.. WE WIN!
Its a numbers game if you want to look at it that way,...

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

Axion
Former Member

Post by Axion »

Finally saw the show. Was very entertaining and I thought they treated you with respect which is nice. Don't like the comments on the segments, but the most vocal seemed to be that Christina who interestingly enough said one of her hobbies was Second Life, a program notorious for crazy sexual behavior, so I wouldn't put too much stock in them.
It's already been said but I guess people see you doing something out of the ordinary and they feel a need to put you in a box. If it isn't mainstream it must be bad. Hopefully getting the dolls some more airtime will help people realize it isn't all about sex. Some of us just have them as companions. I never use my dolls I have them so I don't feel alone and don't have to deal with relationship drama. Before I got them I was always depressed. Now I am happy because they provide stability and a creative outlet.
Anyhow great job. Hope to see more in the future.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Thanks Axion.

I think Christina is perhaps a troll as she seems far too familiar with our site to be who she says she is. Just wants to stir up trouble.

I think I might have run over her cat or broken her travel broom :)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Formerly known as TG megami - The Frozen North, USA

Post by Doll Knight XIX »

*Falls into TDF from a helicopter*

Ow! *Rubs head*

I just watched Midi's interview on Anderson, and I have to say: I am impressed! I went in expecting that the host would make wisecracks or take jabs at Midi, but he was very reasonable, respectful, and did not sensationalize the subject of love dolls in the slightest. It really helps that Midi comes across as a very cool, laid back, sensible, normal guy who has no delusions about love dolls being alive or anything like that, which really shines a positive light on the community--<snip>

At first I was not very impressed with the doctor, as he went right into discussing fetishes and paraphilas, but I was jumping to conclusions. He speaks from a clinical perspective, but says that in no way is Midi's interest in love dolls unhealthy. He mentions that it can be for some, but does not put Midi in a box. As a former mental health professional myself and owner of several love dolls, I really, really appreciate that.

Great interview, Midi, and here's hoping that they'll have you back in the fall! Congratulations on this wonderful chance to represent our community and to promote your doc! I hope this puts it on the map! :mrgreen:
We will start anew, on here, soon. We can't wait!

Capt_B
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Capt_B »

I just finished watching the video in chat. To date, it has been the most equitable and personable interview, on this subject, I have ever seen, heard, or read.

I remember AC from his "360" news series, years ago, and was not disappointed in how he approached this subject. The way he presented this was not unexpected. Of all the news journalists I've ever watched, heard, or read, he was, and still is, the only one I feel any respect for.

I think Midi's presentation was honest, candid, sincere, and individualistic. I, for one, am proud to call him friend.

To PT: I tried to post a comment there too. I received the "invalid source" message even after Midi set up an email account for me to use. I am guessing it would not accept my comment because I denied all but the first cookie request.

In any event, I was going to post something similar to the following response, on that site, to "Christine":

Most of us, in the doll community, are neither perverts nor fetishists. Some of us have dolls merely to help us feel less lonely after having lost their soul mate. I just happen to be one of those. It can be extremely difficult to recover from that kind of loss. Difficult enough that one can still feel as though that loss occurred only months ago, instead of years ago.

My 2 bits,
B
Emily's albums _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Emily's blog _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ Penelope's albums

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Thanks TG and B,

Your kind comments are much appreciated. I love this community and I love the people in it.

Oh, and I love my dolls too ;)
Midiman...

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

i saw it it's still on my DVR too. so my fiance can watch it with me later. and eventually my mom too XD she's curious about it. :)

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

I've edited this thread, removing the demeaning remarks about DaveCat, as they are in violation of Rule 3. I've also removed the off-topic discussion resulting from these remarks.
Please stay on-topic, and within the forum rules.

If you want to discuss the differences between DaveCat and Midiman, please start a new thread.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

like i said i loved the show. and it's still on my dvr (even after all this time) waiting to watch it with my mom and my beloved. :-)

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Midiman & Bianca's appearance are a topic of discussion this week on Fembot Central (alt.sex.fetish.robots):
2012-08-09 Midiman and Bianca at Fembot Central.jpg
2012-08-09 Midiman and Bianca at Fembot Central.jpg (115.54 KiB) Viewed 3349 times
Cornelius on Fembot Central wrote:Not sure how the crowd will react to this story, and I haven't read the 8 pages of comments yet, but at least the guy knows what he likes: http://www.andersoncooper.com/episodes/ ... ove-dolls/

Check your local listings for airtimes.
Keizo on Fembot Central wrote:greaaat. One would think that Anderson Cooper would have a more "progressive" or "tolerant" demographic than, say, Glen Beck. Looking over the comments and the "Thumbs Up" vs. "Thumbs Down" votes it appears not to be so. This can only mean that society in general is still stubbornly ignorant, completely closed minded and extremely self-righteous. To top off this unsurprising revelation they link to a new film by none other than the self proclaimed expert on the subject, PROFESSOR Alison de Fren. (I won't be linking to it here.)

I fucking regret trying to help her understand us back when she was still a student working on her thesis. Naturally that film features plenty of "experts" speculating on the subject but not enough actual techno-sexuals or doll-fetishists to explain. And naturally their assumptions imply that there is something inherently wrong or, worse yet, misogynistic. I did happen to notice as well that the one guy that they picked to add any reasoning was cut off when he said it may be that men like something they can control.

Therefore that's what this is all about folks! Losers who have control issues and unreasonable expectations. Nothing about being hurt over and over; nothing about having something or someone that is more predictable and reliable; nothing about people who have diseases or handicaps or are elderly or are simply not attractive; or nothing about just plain having fun and being able to explore and experiment without risk, judgement or betrayal. Nope. Just a bunch of perverts.
DarkRexx on Fembot Central wrote:I like robots because I think malfunctions are sexy.

I must not be deep enough for this part of the forums. X3
Saya on Fembot Central wrote:Pretty much the same thing for me. So long as the authorities at large don't throw me in jail for it, I don't care what people think. It's not like I plan on trumpeting my opinions from the top of Mt. Fuji in an Ultraman costume or something.

Let 'em think we are freaks. They can have fun being normal and boring.
Seems to be some crossover in the thinking and experience between their forum and ours. :)

The thread is here: :evidence:
http://fembotcentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10264
:plaidskirt:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

I'v been waiting to see this show since this thread poped up on TDF!

This show had the potential to come across as some previous doll owner shows have come off which is CREEPY.
Which could have brought out a mocking and mean spirited reaction from the audience. In other words it could have turned into a lynching mob with Angry feminist undertones but it didnt.
I think he came off very well spoken, and very witty. Yet at the same time funny and likable. The kind of every day guy you would like to share a beer with. which helps reduce the negative stigma that society has toward doll owners these days !

Found a few clips online and thought Id share them here with you guys :)

The picture kinda sucks on the last two videos but it's better than nothing :wink:

Found these two HD clips on Anderson youtube channel

[youtube]xSK_mrbg-I0&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]VOOh2_AjUHE&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Note from TDF Management: A higher quality clip of the below two clips can be found here.
Men Who Love Dolls Part 1
Men Who Love Dolls Part 2

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Midiman comes over really well, it seems to me. The Anderson bloke seems reasonable too. Even the pop psychologist made a good point or two. Overall, good publicity for the big dolls.

That is the first time I have seen it, incidentally. The previous links don't work for me, for some reason.

Fuzzy78
Former Member

Post by Fuzzy78 »

bother i missed this :(
after watching the clips I must say, credit where credit is due, it was reallly interesting. hope someone uploads this for the non us inhabitants :)

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Corporeal wrote:bother i missed this :(
after watching the clips I must say, credit where credit is due, it was really interesting. hope someone uploads this for the non us inhabitants :)
I apologize for the quality.Actually I think the quality is better than the ones above :) I did not have time to set up a direct lead, But I did record and dub in the high quality audio. I shot my 52" LED TV with my HD Camera.

This should work anywhere in the world. If not I will post it to CoverDoll.
Midiman...

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

Thanks Midi for posting the show
always nice to see it again, especially commercial free!
Good interview and I think a positive audience response :D

INFORMATIONS