betterlovedoll.com

Are we there yet? Sex Robots by 2025.

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Re: Are we there yet? Sex Robots by 2025.

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

Mr-Smith wrote:
katiesBoyfriend wrote: Often, the results for those people are quite favourable, indicating that being around those machines made their lives much easier.
Sound an awful lot like what many doll owners here already know (feel). I think this maybe a natural evolution of things; something/one makes man -> man makes machine -> man make machine in their own image -> ??? . Of course I read quite a bit of Asimov in my younger days, and although some of the details are fuzzy now, the concepts are nothing new. It's interesting to see were this will all lead :whistle: .

<snip>
I think we're going to see debates similar to those surrounding the conception and birth of Louise Brown in 1978.

For example, what would the legal status of a robot be? Would it be a machine? What about those that look like humans? How about those that look like animals? (K-9 from Doctor Who may have vaguely looked like a dog, saw itself as a dog, and was considered to be a dog--albeit a clever one--by the Doctor. But was it a dog and did laws governing the treatment of animals apply in its--his?--case?)

Would a robot be entitled to legal protection? Could someone be committing a crime if that person abuses a robot? What would constitute "abuse"?

Would a robot that looks like, say, a human female be considered female? Would it be accorded all the rights and privileges that a human female has? What about those robots that look more like filing cabinets or washing machines?

Could someone marry a robot that looks like a human? Would that robot be legally considered a husband or a wife? Would inheritance laws apply to it?

Would a robot have legal obligations? Would one be required to pay income tax or be conscripted into the military?

Who would decide these issues? The courts? Legislatures?

Issues such as these have been examined in science fiction literature, movies, and TV shows, but the day will come when societies and legal jurisdictions will have to address them.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

Recently Separated wrote::D Gee I hope so...should have saved enough up by then...LOL.

The other upside is at least these viruses can be fixed with a soft ware patch or decent anti virus softwae...not so much the case with us mere humans.... :?
Its going to take me that long just to save up for a new doll, let alone a Andriod :oops: yep, got to have that virus protection otherwise she could turn ugly on us, worse than pms! :haha4:

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Deleted...duplicate post...crappy Aussie nets...apologies. :whistle:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Sort of getting that whole Cherry 2000 flashback on the kitchen floor thing .....starts of well enough...

but then.....

Definately introduces a new industry for after sales service though...who wants to start a company... :idea:

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

pianokeyjoe2009

Post by pianokeyjoe2009 »

It is coming alot faster than most know. The military is already knee deep in this and yes, the commercial applications are fast improving as a result too. MONEY is the main motivator,remember that. I have seen some sites with some of this tech getting better and better but mostly outside the USA. As for use in SEX? Well it exists but it is not intended for that yet perse. But it is possible for limited sex acts like oral sex(my fav). The Japanese dental patient is made by the same folks that made the fake teeth mouth for dental school training that I am using in my own oral head builds! NISSIN! Now you go to the site and she is there! But no price listed on the site so I do not know what it would cost but I read somewhere once that it is $250,000USD! So it is not the cost of a new car but the cost of a new HOUSE! Again..MONEY

You have to be creative,use the mind God gave you and be resourceful, and you can make you own sexbot. Hanson Robotics has AI robot heads and robots using a synthetic skin called FRUBBER. This I found out here in TDF under a similar thread. Thanks again TDF! LOL!

It is waay possible to have a realistic LOOKING and feeling SEXbot,just not a true AI robot.. Silicone masks are now made with better platinum silicones,reinforcement mesh and hyper realistic details like veins,wrinkles,hair follicles and more,so it is not far off that whole body bots will look like a human,right down to veins,wrinkles,fold,double chin,fat,and other human details.. The advancements in artificial voices also noteworthy!

It is coming.. But on a more sobering note.. A IMAGE of the BEAST(ROBOT/BIOLOGICAL)entity is coming! And yes you can call it terminator rise of the machines and SKynet. It is coming but in the mean time. lets enjoy this tech while we still can control and make it do what WE want! ;) :P

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

Recently Separated wrote:Sort of getting that whole Cherry 2000 flashback on the kitchen floor thing .....starts of well enough...

but then.....

Definately introduces a new industry for after sales service though...who wants to start a company... :idea:
That movie started it all for me. doll wise. :) I still dont get how she short circuted so easliy,given that she wasnt fully sumbmerged underwater throughout the scene, just lying on it,clothed, no exposed wires , so how did it get in? even tpe, silicon doesnt absorb water like a sponge, it stays on surface :roll: And he should have got an electric shock too,given the amount of charge shed give off, plus water and proximity to him 8O

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Thats Hollywood for you...lets hope the new android types are somewhat more resilient...as PKJ attests for a quarter of a million you want rigour and warranty...still thats less than half of what my ex tokk me for and she was the one having the affair...go figure....

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!

pianokeyjoe2009

Post by pianokeyjoe2009 »

Oivay! Sorry to hear that Recently Sep! And yes, Hollywood back in the 80s and early 90s lol! But she would have been latex or a bio-syn skin. Ah well,was a nice fantasy then lol! But now it is coming to pass and yes,better materials ;)

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

I don't know why money isn't being poured into R&D in order to make lifelike sexbots. I think the technology for a primitive lifelike sexbot is already here. I'd gladly pay $15k for something like Cherry 2000 but $5k for a silicone doll is more difficult.

The more realistic they become, the more people will want them and more they'll want to pay for them. This industry is destined to boom once we go over a certain threshold, not maybe Cherry 2000 but close. I can imagine a house, car and a sex bot being the main items people buy in their lives :)

SEX sells, and a lot of guys have disposable income, and are willing to pay a lot of money for a lifelike sexbot. And I think the more realistic the sexbots are then people will be less shy about them, hence more will buy.

I think in 20 years we'll see 1000x more sex bots/dolls being sold than today.

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

The technology is evolving and so is social acceptance of the idea. Once consumers are faced with the reality of a sexbot ready for purchase, that's really where the rubber will meet the road. I anticipate in the next few years we'll be making forum sections for makers and vendors who don't even exist yet who will be the ones to offer these dolls to our members. That will really up the ante as to what constitutes a "high-end" doll! :)

:plaidskirt:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

And then we'll all be robosexuals! :halfrobot: :haha2:

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

AnonViking wrote:I don't know why money isn't being poured into R&D in order to make lifelike sexbots. I think the technology for a primitive lifelike sexbot is already here. I'd gladly pay $15k for something like Cherry 2000 but $5k for a silicone doll is more difficult.

The more realistic they become, the more people will want them and more they'll want to pay for them. This industry is destined to boom once we go over a certain threshold, not maybe Cherry 2000 but close. I can imagine a house, car and a sex bot being the main items people buy in their lives :)

SEX sells, and a lot of guys have disposable income, and are willing to pay a lot of money for a lifelike sexbot. And I think the more realistic the sexbots are then people will be less shy about them, hence more will buy.

I think in 20 years we'll see 1000x more sex bots/dolls being sold than today.
Either way, id be very happy with one if she looked like your realdoll AnonViking, she's a stunningly beautiful doll. :whistle:

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Anung Un Rama »

I wonder if they would do an android Lilith.....The whole concept of her in a cooking apron with a set off BBQ tongs...I find that somewhat....facinating

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

It will take time for them to catch on: :evidence:
"What did we learn here today?" :razz:

:plaidskirt:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

Chronos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chronos »

"There will be a moment where things are going to flip.

And robots will be your preferred interface"

http://singularityhub.com/2014/12/01/th ... to-humans/

INFORMATIONS