betterlovedoll.com

Men's Health Article - Sex Robots

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
0osik
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Men's Health Article - Sex Robots

Post by 0osik »

In the June 2016 Men's Health magazine there is an article titled "Why this Man Fell in Love with a Sex Robot"

Link to the online version: http://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/sex-robots

My issue is that it's a Real Doll which is beautiful but not a Robot (at least not MY definition of a robot).

Now before anyone thinks I'm some sort-of health-nut, I went to the dentist this morning and the magazine was in the magazine rack and the word Robot caught my eye. Worst part was I got call for my cleaning before I finished the article, and I had to wait till I got home to finish the on-line article.

0osik and his Boy Toys (not robots)
Servant for Azure: BT3, Sky, Birthday July 10, Anniversary October 27, 2014
Servant for Celestia: BT5, Star, Birthday March 10, Anniversary May 20, 2016

rubyfan
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Men's Health Article - Sex Robots

Post by rubyfan »

Interesting. Made me think: imagine if a guy who found out the chick he was dating owned a dildo said, "that's disgusting! Don't call me again! I'm unfriending you on Facebook!" Most would agree that the guy is basically an idiot.

Seriously, what's creepier: a realistic female doll, or a man's disembodied cock?

This double-standard has really got to stop. A sex toy is a sex toy is a sex toy.

:drinking:
"Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy."—H.L. Mencken

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

rubyfan wrote:Interesting. Made me think: imagine if a guy who found out the chick he was dating owned a dildo said, "that's disgusting! Don't call me again! I'm unfriending you on Facebook!" Most would agree that the guy is basically an idiot.

Seriously, what's creepier: a realistic female doll, or a man's disembodied cock?

This double-standard has really got to stop. A sex toy is a sex toy is a sex toy.

Well, It certainly says something about what parts of a man women are really only interested in! :haha4:
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

rubyfan wrote:Interesting. Made me think: imagine if a guy who found out the chick he was dating owned a dildo said, "that's disgusting! Don't call me again! I'm unfriending you on Facebook!" Most would agree that the guy is basically an idiot.

I find it amusing that replicas of the human sex organ can be marketed and used specifically for sexual purposes and is more sociologically acceptable than full body replicas of the human anatomy, which can be legitimately used for many other things besides sex, such as art, fashion, photography, and even companionship.

I will never understand the flawed logic and conventionalism of the world we live in.

Mannequins and sex toys have been around for centuries, and yet, when one goes and merges the two it becomes an massive public offense and heavily controversial matter.

Nice.

rubyfan
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by rubyfan »

DarkOne wrote:Well, It certainly says something about what parts of a man women are really only interested in! :haha4:
Hey, all you need to do is check out the Casual Encounters section on Craigslist. If you're not packing 8, 9, 10+ they don't wanna know ya.

:lol:
"Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy."—H.L. Mencken

Sir Agot Dahl

Post by Sir Agot Dahl »

well I do want to state the obvious here....

Kudos to anyone who is Out of the Dollhouse when it comes to Doll ownership in the public eyes. It is true leadership and takes a certain person to be on the forefront of the public eye with this topic currently.

4 Thumbs up (Both Mine and my dolls)

Seriously, if I thought my partner would be into doll photography and a Dollsome Three Way..... I'd be more up front about her.

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

Ho this is this guy ... He made a very good video around his love for dolls...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8LNXJn0oB-w
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

Stevo85

Post by Stevo85 »

The comment section is making my braincells commit suicide one by one...
Kind regards,

Stevo

zodiac

Post by zodiac »

Its stems from male pride (he cant get a real girl, what a loser)

and women's insecurities (he would rather have THAT than the real thing?!)

then those types of thoughts processes are ingrained into society as what is normal and natural vs. the latter.

For comparing a full body doll to parts, the toys look unrealistic (most of them) and pose no threat to insecurities.

Also, people associate a sort of antisocial or mental disorder with those who need these full dolls, referring to such as really lonely desperate men pretending their dolls are real, or crazy pervert dudes suffering from dementia or something similar who think dolls are real. (like Lars and the real girl movie did)

All unfair stigmas, but stigmas nonetheless.

cy_xander

Post by cy_xander »

0osik wrote:In the June 2016 Men's Health magazine there is an article titled "Why this Man Fell in Love with a Sex Robot"

My issue is that it's a Real Doll which is beautiful but not a Robot (at least not MY definition of a robot).

In a few other threads, we've discussed whether "sex doll" is the best term, and whether the stigma will be lessened if they are more "high end" or "artful", or as they take on more robotic traits.

Some will always have a problem with them, but I suspect "robot companions" will be more understood. A. Because it's no longer as simple as "having sex with a piece of runner", b. Many people, the elderly, disabled, and others, will have robot companions. Whether you have sex with yours or not isn't really anyone's business. It's just an option on the luxury model.

Funny that they've already mistaken a Real doll for a robot. It just shows that people are quite capable of strong feelings about things before they even know what they are. So bring on the Robot Companions. The men's health article may advance the movement away from "blow up sex doll" to something a little more tasteful in more peoples eyes.
Amber
AmberImage

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

0osik wrote:In the June 2016 Men's Health magazine there is an article titled "Why this Man Fell in Love with a Sex Robot"

Now before anyone thinks I'm some sort-of health-nut, I went to the dentist this morning and the magazine was in the magazine rack and the word Robot caught my eye. Worst part was I got call for my cleaning before I finished the article, and I had to wait till I got home to finish the on-line article.

Ha ha I bet you found that quite amusing finding it in the dentist's surgery. At least it kept your mind off the treatment and helped the
time pass.
As for the article, yes, she's absolutely not a robot, she doesn't have whirrring cogs and flashing lights for eyes, or antennae on her head. Nope that's no robot.
The other thing is that articles of this nature are not at all helpful for the common image portrayed by the media of doll owners.
Anyway, this is a robot
Attachments
10921A_1000x1000.jpg
10921A_1000x1000.jpg (73.63 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

ningyobingo

Post by ningyobingo »

Men typically aren't as threatened by dildos as much as women are of dolls, because dildos can't be a "full substitute" unless they come with their own paycheck.

And yes, I know people will say "A doll is not a replacement for a good woman." But realistically, how many men really get a good woman these days?

Daydream21

Post by Daydream21 »

How many men get a good doll these days? According to the article, they're "laughably primitive" (dolls, not men).

But there's hope for the future, gentlemen: "The sex robots of today aren’t especially tempting. But the sex robots of tomorrow might just embody everything you want from a woman."

kruiser
Ex-Member

Post by kruiser »

Not tempting? Men don't fork over thousands if they are not tempting, how dumb. It pisses me off how they say men who buy these are ' sad ' , we're not sad, we are not giving a crap what people think and making a logical choice to satisfy our urges without going through all the dating game bullshit which is rigged to hell and not worth the time or money. Calling them robots proves the writer is clueless on the subject and should be fired for writing such crap.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Many are content to have a doll in current development. With the addition of basic AI and robotics I think there are many who will never worry about seeking a actual human partner in life.

I'm 53, married, but don't live w/ my wife and have a celibate relationship w/ her. We have no children.
My dolls represent a 18 yo nympho and anything else I want them to be. I'm self employed and live in the country w/ no one around and can absolutely live as I please. About the only way I would consider getting into another human relationship would be w/a 25- hotty. I would rather have a doll and be free than be in bondage to have a less than what I want human partner.

I'm not sad and lonely. I'm free and happy! :lol:
Attachments
Lost in space.jpg
Lost in space.jpg (18.97 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

INFORMATIONS