betterlovedoll.com

Police Amsterdam forces door open for inflatable doll

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Police Amsterdam forces door open for inflatable doll

Post by AlexKnight »

I just heard this on the radio, and it's also on our local news website:
http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/4284864/pol ... aspop.html
This morning, the neighbors were worried about the lady across the street who had not moved for several hours and appeared lifeless, so they called the police.
The police came, and indeed noticed a woman standing/hanging. She didn't respond to the doorbell nor knocking on the door, so they feared the worst and forced entry with a defibrillator in hand.

What they found was indeed a lifeless woman... but she was made of plastic, filled with air :P
Relieved, and with a good story in hand, the police left
Here's a picture taken by a police officer of the damsel in distress:
13509001_979383895509222_6956612814948319957_n.jpg
13509001_979383895509222_6956612814948319957_n.jpg (20.78 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
But one thing I wonder though, if this had been a human, how could she be standing like that, if she had a heart attack or something.
Police should've known better, I think...

But anyway, I can only hope this never happens to me, as both my ladies are standing/hanging lifeless in the living room, with Kayla being pretty close to the rear window.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: Police Amsterdam forces door open for inflatable doll

Post by Nescio50 »

Some time ago there were painters at my house and one told me that he was there the day before but no-one answered the doorbell. He looked through the windows and saw a woman sitting on the couch. He rang again, looked again, looked and realised it must be a doll.
This was a life-size realistic looking silicone doll sitting on the couch. So painters are smarter than police officers :P

Kim
Doll
Doll
Location: in the Netherlands with my GF Juliana, my twinsister Erika, Alexa and EBF

Post by Kim »

Maybe they were worried for a blowup?
I have a dollalbum, with loads of nice pics. My twinsister Erika has her own album, which also has some pics of me hanging out with her. We have our own thread where we post our pics. Stop by and say Hi!

Don't forget to take a look at my girlfriend Juliana.

My Lexi visits lots of places. Allison is featuring in her travels. Allison has her own thread too.

Hagen of Tronje

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

Nescio50 wrote: This was a life-size realistic looking silicone doll sitting on the couch. So painters are smarter than police officers :P
The painter certainly was smart, but I am sure that the police officers just adhered to their protocol and did so for a good reason. If there is the slightest possibility that life is in danger then they go ahead and break the door open. Better safe than sorry.

I wonder who pays for the broken door. Imagine the door owner explaining this to his insurance agent...

There is nothing better than neighbors who are alert and ready to help :) In a house on my street a young couple had a new lamp that simulates a flame to illuminate their living room. Looked pretty real. It looked like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrm30-i2NPw

They placed the lamp near the window. As I noticed it for the first time I watched it for 10 minutes with the phone in my hand ready to make an emergency call but I realized that the fire does not spread and there is no smoke.

Within 2 weeks other neighbors and passers by did not take any chances, picked up the phone and guess what happened. Twice. Several fire brigades with 2 or 3 fire engines, with full gear storming the house with oxygen bottles, ladders with personnel going up to the 4th floor, everything, the full scale, maximum show all illuminated by blue flashing lights and sirens while the street was blocked for all traffic. I watched from my window and giggled. After the 2nd incident the young couple finally got rid of that lamp... Probably they received a big fat bill from the fire department and got a kick in the butt from their landlord as well.

Always be cautious with the things you let your neighbors see at the window to avoid a misunderstanding involving the fire department or the police. It is going to be expensive and the officers have much better things to do. Saving lives for example.

Hagen

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Hagen of Tronje wrote:
Nescio50 wrote: This was a life-size realistic looking silicone doll sitting on the couch. So painters are smarter than police officers :P
The painter certainly was smart, but I am sure that the police officers just adhered to their protocol and did so for a good reason. If there is the slightest possibility that life is in danger then they go ahead and break the door open. Better safe than sorry.

I wonder who pays for the broken door. Imagine the door owner explaining this to his insurance agent...
Better safe than sorry, I appreciate that :D
But I would send the bill for the broken door to the police, and if they tried to use a defibrillator on my doll ... ... 8O

phcookiecrusher

Post by phcookiecrusher »

Good advice, I better start storing my doll away from any windows from now on. She's usually just on a couch in the basement but if someone looked through those windows they would see her.
Tiffani-Lana (Sanhui 165)
Main Thread || Flickr || Doll Albums
_________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Nescio50 wrote:[…] if they tried to use a defibrillator on my doll ... ... 8O
One never knows what might happen… maybe she would awake from her Snow White sleep and suddenly start talking :wink:

However, that news story got me thinking. I don't think that it should concern neighbors what goes on in an apartment across the street. On the other hand, it can be good to have alert neighbours if thiefs or other criminals are creeping around.

Considering that, "better safe than sorry" might be good advise for any doll owner as well. So maybe better close the curtains and avoid to have the doll in plain sight. If rescue services break down your door, you will have to deal with the damage - even if some anonymous phone caller just played a prank on you.

Sandro

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

The doll looks over-inflated. I wonder if the police tried CPR before discovering their error.

INFORMATIONS