betterlovedoll.com

TV Interview about Doll Ownership.

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
4biddenartist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: TV Interview about Doll Ownership.

Post by 4biddenartist »

i got through about 300 replies on FB to the haters before I turned in. I had to chime in and reply to the haters who mostly regarded Muzza as either sad or mentally deficient. I too fully back up the thought that it is a sextoy, but it is also more then just that to many people as well. I must also say that due to the size it can also be a figure that has a place in a household. And as such is not in any way vulgar or inappropriate so long as your doll is dressed properly and not posed in a suggestive way. Yes there is a huge difference there as a person should not leave a dilido on a kitchen table as a display, but a doll on the other hand can be a lively addition to the ambiance of a room especially if it is of a fantasy type, IE anime in cosplay....
So there is a huge contrast in this regard as a womans dildo represents a faloc part of anatomy but a doll is a representation of a entity. But alas there are cucumbers in the kitchen...Just sayin :p

I edited this post as a sign or respect for everyone's views here. Ark Angel is correct when he states some people fall in love and marry their doll. And on the other hand Thekingstonreview is correct that a lot of people only see a doll as a sex object.... So yea you're both right. :shakefist:
I think therefore,
I try not to.
-me

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

thekingstonreview wrote:
ARK ANGEL wrote:
thekingstonreview wrote: A man who has a sex doll is no different than a woman who has a dildo.
Are you bloody serious? since when is a lone penis comparable to a whole woman?
So because I have a masturbator sleeve, my wife is entitled to a male love doll? LIKE FUCK!
WOW! More research on human nature and less on dolls, plus a lesson in ratio and proportion wouldn't go astray.
Crikey, I dunno some times, some people get dolls, and all perspective flies out the window.

Pete.
Yes, I am serious. Everyone is "entitled" to whatever sex toy they want. Why should proportion matter? Besides, proportion is NOT the point, the double standard is. If a woman is using a sex toy for gratification without judgment, why can't a man do the same? Does the size of the toy matter?
Oh, and FYI, I am a psychologist and have written many books on human nature, so I do think I might have a decent perspective on the subject.
Typically the point is missed entirely.
A shallow take on the whole doll scene is likely why.
How many women marry dildos? anyone? None is the answer.
Men do marry dolls and fall in love with them, I can't believe I have to explain this to someone on this forum.
Perspective? Bloody hell, distorted perspective seems rife here, 12 months ago, I wouldn't have needed to explain this.
If you fuck your doll as a masturbation aid, that's fine, but don't expect your partner or others to see it that way, male or female.
It looks real, feels real, what do you bloody expect?
Ignorance and arrogance go hand in hand, many of us love our dolls and wouldn't dream of treating them like just a masturbatory toy, we also make love to them, is that concept so hard to fathom? People think how they think, just because you say you see it as a sex tool, others won't, and they are entitled too see it their own way, as you are.
So NO! it's not the same thing to everyone, just to some who can detach feelings from sex, most of the world does not.
So stop saying it like the world needs to believe your shallow ideals and they are an absolute, when you say, "It's the same thing" kindly add, "To me", so as not to insult others please.
The world nor this forum revolves around one line of thought, respect others differences, be open to alternate ideals.
Thank you.

Pete.

4biddenartist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 4biddenartist »

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2010 ... te-objects

I suppose a woman could have a marriage ceremony with a dildo but like all other inanimate objects legally you cannot. :plaidskirt:
I think therefore,
I try not to.
-me

muzza
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muzza »

Thanks Again for all your support guys and dolls :thumbs_up:

Following the release of my short 7 minute TV Interview (only two days ago) there have been a number of offers from interested media outlets.

Take 5 Magazine.
ITVs 'This Morning' show in the UK (live in studio with Noni).
That's Life Magazine. and
Channel 7 morning show (Australia TV - presumably also live in studio with Noni).

I think mainstreaming the story is full of too many risks and 'live' also way too dangerous so I have followed the advice of Mike Clay, my interviewer and declined.
I have however provided links to the forums TDF and UKLDF so it is possible that some media might be chasing stories.
There was also a short piece in the Australian version of the UK's Daily Mail.

One thing to bear in mind:
If it wasn't for Everhard, Davecat and others on the documentary 'Guys and Dolls' way back before 2007 I would not have known about Dolls and discovered how good life can be with them, or the sharing with like minded people on the forums.

I thus felt incumbent to 'get the message out there'. Hopefully it has helped someone, somewhere.
:D
Ah Love Could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry scheme of things entire Would not we shatter it to bits and then remould it nearer to the Heart's desire.

Dragon Universe

Post by Dragon Universe »

I really liked the interview. The FB comments were very telling of how people react to something like this. Too many still think in such shallow typical terms.

4biddenartist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 4biddenartist »

I would do the magazine interview and also the news segment as long as it is pre-recorded. This could be a great step into the light for us and dollmakers. We need more people to step out of the proverbial closet as you have good sir!
I think therefore,
I try not to.
-me

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

I agree, though a more diverse sector should be given the oportunity.
So far it has been single men and silicone dolls, I believe more people would relate to married couples of whom the wife will not or cannot medically perform traditional sex, or husbands deciding that the seven year itch can be scratched by a doll rather than a deceitful affair, thus saving the marriage.
Plush caricature dolls, are more companion and sleeping aid and are less intimidating or offensive when on display, more like a benign stuffed toy, and family friendly ornament.
Teddybabes would be much easier to accept as a sleep aid and companion because they don't have the realistic anatomical qualities of silicone or tpe.

Pete.

cy_xander

Post by cy_xander »

Muzza, what a great job you did sharing your story, and representing the doll community. You were articulate and the interviewer was pretty fair. Problem with most journalism is they will edit down 2 h of interview to creat 7 min that hardly reflects what you meant. This was about as good as anyone could expect. I love the line "alone, but not lonely!"

Cheers
Amber
AmberImage

TLG
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TLG »

Muzza that was a beautiful interview. Your an awesome man and very good at articulating your relationship with your doll. I dont think i could ever do an interview, even non-doll related, im way too camera shy!. You and her look very nice together.

Random note but i LOVE your doll's eyes! like wowwwww!!!! i definately want mine to have big brown eyes like that :D

kruiser
Ex-Member

Post by kruiser »

When we compare dolls to dildo's there is an obvious difference but what we are saying is that they are both used for sexual pleasure. It's just that men decided to be inventive and give men what they really want and if you look at it from a political perspective, it's a way to fight against the feminist agenda.
If women have lost the power they have over men ( sex ) then that will make them go crazy with rage and bring out all the shaming cards. Women are free to do the same if they want, why doesn't some female make a company who cater male sex dolls solely for women?

I also think if you do another interview or story I have the perfect title for it ' the consequences of feminism ' , go into the reasons why men choose dolls over women, explain why men refuse marriage and how it's cheaper and far less stressful to own a doll and also mention how happy men are with dolls. Get rid of this perspective that doll owners are lonely and can't get a woman because that's false. I am a 34 yr old guy and I am very fit, I have my 6 pack because I train in muay thai 4 times a week and I weight train. I am a social person and I am the absolute opposite of what the media portray and people need to understand that younger men are giving up on relationships in droves.

thekingstonreview

Post by thekingstonreview »

ARK ANGEL wrote:
thekingstonreview wrote:
ARK ANGEL wrote:
thekingstonreview wrote: A man who has a sex doll is no different than a woman who has a dildo.
So because I have a masturbator sleeve, my wife is entitled to a male love doll? LIKE FUCK!
WOW! More research on human nature and less on dolls, plus a lesson in ratio and proportion wouldn't go astray.
Crikey, I dunno some times, some people get dolls, and all perspective flies out the window.

Pete.
Yes, I am serious. Everyone is "entitled" to whatever sex toy they want. Why should proportion matter? Besides, proportion is NOT the point, the double standard is. If a woman is using a sex toy for gratification without judgment, why can't a man do the same? Does the size of the toy matter?
Oh, and FYI, I am a psychologist and have written many books on human nature, so I do think I might have a decent perspective on the subject.
Men do marry dolls and fall in love with them, I can't believe I have to explain this to someone on this forum.
Perspective? Bloody hell, distorted perspective seems rife here, 12 months ago, I wouldn't have needed to explain this.
If you fuck your doll as a masturbation aid, that's fine, but don't expect your partner or others to see it that way, male or female.
Ignorance and arrogance go hand in hand, many of us love our dolls and wouldn't dream of treating them like just a masturbatory toy, we also make love to them, is that concept so hard to fathom? People think how they think, just because you say you see it as a sex tool, others won't, and they are entitled too see it their own way, as you are.
So NO! it's not the same thing to everyone, just to some who can detach feelings from sex, most of the world does not.
So stop saying it like the world needs to believe your shallow ideals and they are an absolute, when you say, "It's the same thing" kindly add, "To me", so as not to insult others please.
The world nor this forum revolves around one line of thought, respect others differences, be open to alternate ideals.
Thank you.

Pete.
It seems that you are missing my point and hung up on the misguided conception that I believe a doll is nothing more than a masturbatory tool. I do not. I realize they can be much more than that. To me she is a lot more than a toy, but indeed a companion.
When I equate a doll to a dildo, I do not mean that literally. I mean that metaphorically. I am referring to the ATTITUDE of ignorant people towards sex doll owners. These are the same people who have fantasy sized dildos in their dresser drawers yet call doll owners, creepy, sad, misguided, unable to form real relationships, mentally deranged, and my personal favorite, necrophiliacs.
So tell me, my judgmental friend, how is my opinion "shallow" as you put it?
It's not a doll, dammit, it's an action figure!

TLG
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TLG »

kruiser wrote:When we compare dolls to dildo's there is an obvious difference but what we are saying is that they are both used for sexual pleasure. It's just that men decided to be inventive and give men what they really want and if you look at it from a political perspective, it's a way to fight against the feminist agenda.
If women have lost the power they have over men ( sex ) then that will make them go crazy with rage and bring out all the shaming cards. Women are free to do the same if they want, why doesn't some female make a company who cater male sex dolls solely for women?

I also think if you do another interview or story I have the perfect title for it ' the consequences of feminism ' , go into the reasons why men choose dolls over women, explain why men refuse marriage and how it's cheaper and far less stressful to own a doll and also mention how happy men are with dolls. Get rid of this perspective that doll owners are lonely and can't get a woman because that's false. I am a 34 yr old guy and I am very fit, I have my 6 pack because I train in muay thai 4 times a week and I weight train. I am a social person and I am the absolute opposite of what the media portray and people need to understand that younger men are giving up on relationships in droves.
you took the words right out of my mouth Kruis. I didn't realize we were so close in age, I'm 32 and my circumstances are close to yours in addition to something else. I totally agree with this though ^

thekingstonreview

kruiser wrote:When we compare dolls to dildo's there is an obvious difference but what we are saying is that they are both used for sexual pleasure. It's just that men decided to be inventive and give men what they really want and if you look at it from a political perspective, it's a way to fight against the feminist agenda.

LOVE your title and your premise!

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

thekingstonreview wrote:
ARK ANGEL wrote:
thekingstonreview wrote:
ARK ANGEL wrote:

Pete.
Thank you.

Pete.
It seems that you are missing my point and hung up on the misguided conception that I believe a doll is nothing more than a masturbatory tool. I do not. I realize they can be much more than that. To me she is a lot more than a toy, but indeed a companion.
When I equate a doll to a dildo, I do not mean that literally. I mean that metaphorically. I am referring to the ATTITUDE of ignorant people towards sex doll owners. These are the same people who have fantasy sized dildos in their dresser drawers yet call doll owners, creepy, sad, misguided, unable to form real relationships, mentally deranged, and my personal favorite, necrophiliacs.
Again it's quite simple, although your attempt to back pedal on your original statement is appreciated, your vague inference to my being judgemental and typing in large print to depict shouting has failed to intimidate.
I'm afraid your original statement is still at the crux of why I responded to it, and it is that statement that infers quite clearly and absolutely that it is you who are being (Judgemental) by assuming everybody must see both dolls and dildos in the same light as, as merely masturbatory tools, and that inference implies whoever thinks differently is wrong to do so, but I also now see a gender biased overtone, which explains your apparent intolerance for the female perspective.
It may surprise you to know many females do have dolls, on our other forum there are four regular female doll owners and ours is a tight nit community, we are far more aware of many and varied points of view, some even such as yours.
But we do not dictate how people should think, and as I already stated, you merely need to add "in my opinion" or similar to statements pertaining to how people should or should not view a particular scenario, to prevent offending others or even prevent being seemingly "SHALLOW" or "JUDGEMENTAL", it's just a matter of consideration.
I can only guess how someone evolves after a decision to have no relationships with human women at such a young age and for such seemingly thin reasoning, but something tells me it might have something to do with why a broad common sense issue would get so narrowly tracked.
If I have failed to understand anything here, it's because I hadn't allowed for your youthful outlook and inexperience, for that I cannot hold you accountable, but I would suggest you experience more of life before making decisions about how to view the world, some of which you may wish you hadn't when you are older, but that is just my opinion of course.
I don't really want to try to put an older head on young shoulders, so I'll leave you to your views and end this reply by respectfully offering my views as merely take it or leave it advice.

Pete.

thekingstonreview

ARK ANGEL wrote:
thekingstonreview wrote:
ARK ANGEL wrote:
thekingstonreview wrote:
ARK ANGEL wrote:

Pete.

Thank you.

Pete.
Again it's quite simple, although your attempt to back pedal on your original statement is appreciated, your vague inference to my being judgemental and typing in large print to depict shouting has failed to intimidate.
I'm afraid your original statement is still at the crux of why I responded to it, and it is that statement that infers quite clearly and absolutely that it is you who are being (Judgemental) by assuming everybody must see both dolls and dildos in the same light as, as merely masturbatory tools, and that inference implies whoever thinks differently is wrong to do so, but I also now see a gender biased overtone, which explains your apparent intolerance for the female perspective.
It may surprise you to know many females do have dolls, on our other forum there are four regular female doll owners and ours is a tight nit community, we are far more aware of many and varied points of view, some even such as yours.
But we do not dictate how people should think, and as I already stated, you merely need to add "in my opinion" or similar to statements pertaining to how people should or should not view a particular scenario, to prevent offending others or even prevent being seemingly "SHALLOW" or "JUDGEMENTAL", it's just a matter of consideration.
I can only guess how someone evolves after a decision to have no relationships with human women at such a young age and for such seemingly thin reasoning, but something tells me it might have something to do with why a broad common sense issue would get so narrowly tracked.
If I have failed to understand anything here, it's because I hadn't allowed for your youthful outlook and inexperience, for that I cannot hold you accountable, but I would suggest you experience more of life before making decisions about how to view the world, some of which you may wish you hadn't when you are older, but that is just my opinion of course.
I don't really want to try to put an older head on young shoulders, so I'll leave you to your views and end this reply by respectfully offering my views as merely take it or leave it advice.

Pete.
All of your assumptions are so numerous that it is just blowing my mind right now.
The reason I wrote in large print was to differentiate my response to the many many re-quotes. But, there you go again, jumping to erroneous conclusions.
Obviously, I have inadvertently struck some raw nerve in you that demonstrates "in my opinion", a severe reaction bordering on paranoia and/or insecurity, that you feel the need to lash out in such a manner.
Unfortunately this is not the forum for us to speak and get to the root of your hostility because the thread is about a tv interview and not what is going on in your head about things such as your incorrect assumptions about my character, what I am trying to say, and what your wife is and is not "entitled" to.
Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that any further discussion between us here will be a wasted time for us and the other members of the forum.

INFORMATIONS