betterlovedoll.com

Stacy Leigh doll photos in the Huffington Post (May 2015)

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Stacy Leigh doll photos in the Huffington Post (May 2015)

Post by RainLover »

2015-05-20 Huffington Post - Sex doll portraits evoke a future where humans love robots, artist says (Stacy Leigh).jpg
2015-05-20 Huffington Post - Sex doll portraits evoke a future where humans love robots, artist says (Stacy Leigh).jpg (121.26 KiB) Viewed 767 times
Andres Jauregui for Huffington Post wrote:The self-described “frustrated painter” said that she first thought of using love dolls as models after watching a segment about them on the HBO docu-series “Real Sex.”
“I did some research on them and was led to a community of men who are into dolls one way or another,” Leigh said.

From there it was a short creative leap to a future where humans have relationships with artificial humans.

“With social networking, smart phones and the growing anonymity of the Internet, there is a facet of society that is very lonely. Some of them turn to surrogates for relationships,” Leigh said. “I realized the possibility that someday, artificial humans will be integrated into society.”

Leigh has been photographing sex dolls for more than 10 years. She admitted it was pretty creepy to her at first.

“They had a strange effect on me. I was empathetic to them because they looked so real, but I also felt uncomfortable, like they were watching me. The uncanny feeling subsided and led to an empathy. I felt like I needed to show the dolls how they might be if integrated into society,” Leigh said.
Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/2 ... 42880.html
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

INFORMATIONS