betterlovedoll.com

National Geographic gives new press to the Schumann film

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

National Geographic gives new press to the Schumann film

Post by RainLover »

There was a previous thread by Lemminkainen in 2014 about this video, but I'm starting a new one because National Geographic picked it up for their Short Film Showcase, and did a very nice job presenting it, so I thought it was worth revisiting Nagoro, the valley of the dolls in Japan:
2016-10-30 NatGeo - Nagoro, Japan valley of dolls.jpg
2016-10-30 NatGeo - Nagoro, Japan valley of dolls.jpg (141.55 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
National Geographic wrote:Dolls Replace People in This Deserted Town

Welcome to Nagoro, Japan. Human population: 37. Doll population: 350. Ayano Tsukimi lives in this small village on Shikoku, one of Japan's four main islands. When villagers die or move away from Nagoro, Tsukimi makes a life-size doll and places it in a spot that was meaningful to that person. Now the doll-scattered town has started attracting tourists. Journey through Nagoro in this short film by filmmaker Fritz Schumann.

The Short Film Showcase spotlights exceptional short videos created by filmmakers from around the web and selected by National Geographic editors. We look for work that affirms National Geographic's mission of inspiring people to care about the planet. The filmmakers created the content presented, and the opinions expressed are their own, not those of the National Geographic Society.
Source: http://video.nationalgeographic.com/vid ... erted-town
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

INFORMATIONS