betterlovedoll.com

How to date a love doll in Japan

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How to date a love doll in Japan

Post by RainLover »

2017-11-15 NBC Left Field - Saori and Nakajima.jpg
2017-11-15 NBC Left Field - Saori and Nakajima.jpg (141.91 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
Sutton for NBC Left Field wrote:What happens when all you want is some connection but can’t find it in society? Japan's unmarried population is at a record high. While the culture of staying single persists, some Japanese men are finding love in alternative ways: like dating fake love dolls. Dating a love doll isn't just about physical satisfaction; courtship plays a role, too. To some men, these dolls aren't plastic and rubber; they're family.
Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/leftfield/video/japanese-men-find-love-with-sex-dolls-1096145475837
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: How to date a love doll in Japan

Post by samara78 »

Great video.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

She certainly is a beautiful doll. I would be in love with her as well. :puppydogeyes:
Of course I could never be as brave as her hubby when it comes to taking her out in public. :oops:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:She certainly is a beautiful doll. I would be in love with her as well. :puppydogeyes:
Of course I could never be as brave as her hubby when it comes to taking her out in public. :oops:
I hear you. I'm proud as hell of Anna Marie... but not that proud. :(

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Good find Rainlover! :D and an excellent video! :whistle:

Hollywu
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Hollywu »

Thank you for posting this. I very much doubt I would be here without Rari, Akiko and Sadako. In a lot of ways they keep me from the worst places in my mind that I live with each day. For this I owe them and their creators and all who helped get them to me, my eternal gratitude. They have been the best gifts I've given myself. I can totally relate to him and get where he is coming from... I wish the USA was more like Japan in this respect. I have to think that some of us are merely ahead of our time in what we are doing right now - being with our dolls. One day this will not be taboo and it will be normal for us to take them out with us and such.

I've said this before. I would be a very hard person to live with for any length of time. I know it and own it so for me, finding dolls has been the best possible solution. I don't feel a bit lonely and haven't since Rari arrived. Having the others has been icing on the cake and I love them all so much!

Yesterday after shooting photos of Akiko, all I wanted to do was put her in my car, crank up the oldies, sing along at the top of my lungs, and take her for burgers. However, my fear is that someone would see us, follow us and harm my girls. I'm maybe overreacting but I grew up being streetwise. It would destroy me to see them get hurt. Maybe the lines have been blurred for some of us... I don't see them as merely things. To me they each have spirits and I love that about them. I was telling a friend today that I love Rari so much as she was the girl who was "made for me" but I also love Akiko and Sadako because, like real women, they both have histories of life before me. To me that makes them very special and I also treat them with respect as I am lucky enough to be with them both now.

I wish more people, outside of our culture, could watch this video. It gives a lot of insight if you are willing to keep an open mind and open your heart.

Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

Very cool, thanks for sharing this.

Mad props to this guy Nakajima! He's a doll hero...

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

I'm glad you guys are enjoying these posts. :)

I'm in the USA and I take my doll out in public, but I know I'm one of the few who do. I have constant situational awareness when I'm out and about, even without my doll along, but the reality is that I've had very little comment about her.

It may help somewhat that I'm a woman and my doll is an elf, so we kind of look like mother and daughter at first glance. However, I have shared an article in the past about a man who takes his Real Doll to the zoo, and we have a member here who takes his Teddy Babe to the bowling alley, so it's possible. It just takes courage, a positive attitude, and never let them think there's anything wrong with what you're doing.

That's the hardest part, I think: overcoming a society-induced sense of shame, because the doll hobby has been ridiculed so much in the past, and continues to be somewhat, although less so than a decade ago.

The first time out is always the most stress-inducing and sweat-producing adventure. It gets easier the more you do it. For me, it's become routine. Getting her ready is part of my own prep before leaving for town, then I get her in the car along with whatever else I'm bringing, and off we go. 8)
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

INFORMATIONS