www.beautiful-dolls.com

Review of my 145cm Aria (WM)- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Beautiful dolls have been on the market since 2011. They have a wide selection of TPE, silicone and fabric love dolls. They also allow their customers to order custom-made dolls in 3d technology. All the dolls that they sell are 100% original dolls made out of eco-friendly materials that are safe for humans. All dolls are inspected before shipment to the customers. The client is engaged in the development process to tailor the end product to his needs, by exchanging photos and further communication for every customizable detail. Beautiful dolls have the best prices for original dolls on the market. Just contact us, and find out for yourself!. Website: www.beautiful-dolls.com.
Chronos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Review of my 145cm Aria (WM)- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Post by Chronos »

Have you ever anticipated the release of a new video game perhaps it's been hyped for several months or even years, you've payed your $60 and start playing soon after release. Soon you realize the game is full of bugs, BSODs and is only 3/4 complete? You've been had! The developer ran out of money and time and is using you and thousands of other gamers to test and debug their product for free while they turn attention to another project. Perhaps the game looks beautiful, is really fun and you know it has a ton of potential, but needs loads of polish and you wish you'd waited another year before buying. Ditto for any next gen pc component or game console?

That's the feeling I have after having my 145cm TPE doll for a week now. I really want to like this creation. She is stunning but has aggravating annoying issues that could have been prevented and corrected pretty easily and for whatever reason WM/BD chooses to leave the problems to their customers to solve and or tolerate.

First issue: packaging.

Here are the factory photos BD sent me.
image (1).jpg
image (1).jpg (170.71 KiB) Viewed 8850 times
image (2).jpg
image (2).jpg (124.36 KiB) Viewed 8850 times
image (3).jpg
image (3).jpg (131.95 KiB) Viewed 8850 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (143.16 KiB) Viewed 8850 times
The doll took 8 days (!!) to get to me from China to Midwest USA via Fedex. It sat for 4 days in Hong Kong and 2 days in Anchorage AK. Contrast this to my DS doll, sent via DHL, which I received in 3-4 days from China 1 month ago. Maybe this was bad luck and customs decided to do a full inspection at both locations. Maybe the package wasn't labeled right and set off their radar, idk.
P8201401c.JPG
P8201401c.JPG (273.48 KiB) Viewed 8807 times

Chronos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Review of my 145cm Aria Doll (WM)

Post by Chronos »

Anyway here's what I got:
P8201403c.JPG
P8201403c.JPG (394.31 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
No foam pad on top only the thin blanket!
P8201404c.JPG
P8201404c.JPG (433.84 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
P8201411c.JPG
P8201411c.JPG (372.45 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
P8201415.JPG
P8201415.JPG (719.12 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
P8201417c.JPG
P8201417c.JPG (339.73 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
P8201425.JPG
P8201425.JPG (475.61 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
P8201430.JPG
P8201430.JPG (741.28 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
P8201431.JPG
P8201431.JPG (745.06 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
P8201432.JPG
P8201432.JPG (590.96 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
THE BAD AND THE UGLY

1. As you can see the doll has compression marks all over. Especially bad around the ankles. Others have complained to WM on this same forum of this and yet WM is still not packing their dolls up properly. The face wasn't protected so the eyelashes are all bent and 2 are nearly torn off.

WM and BD recommended I give the doll a hot bath, to pour boiling water over the areas, it will "restore the doll and not do damage". Needless to say I was alarmed at this, I've read and seen photos of what this will do to a TPE doll and have chosen a wait and see approach. Several days later the damage is less noticeable, except on the ankles where it looks almost the same. I've emailed WM and BD a lot since there's only very general info on the instruction sheet and website. Range of movement, storage position, care, there is little or no info on this. I didn't receive repair glue or stain remover with the doll. I did not receive the extra wig I ordered (to be fair, BD said they'd include it for free, but I'd gladly pay for it if that was going to be an issue). Toe nails aren't the ones I asked. They are in the box. Why didn't they just put them on her?

One week after receiving, the compression marks are much less visible, maybe 50% less. The damage on her ankles improved only a little. I did try the hot washcloth application on the first day. It didn't seem to do anything but I'm going to do it some more.

2. The hole inside the doll's mouth is really small, about 3/8" dia and misaligned. Her mouth is easily large enough for a hole twice that size.
P8201424.JPG
P8201424.JPG (353.03 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
3. The doll has good flexibility except she will only twist at the hip. No bending laterally or forward / backward. For a doll this large? I was under the impression it bent forward/backward a little or I would've gotten the spine mod for an extra $200.

4. She does not smell good. In fact it's quite an unpleasant strong chemical smell. And the taste is equally bad. And my dick burns a little from the material. Makes you wonder what you're doing to your health with that out-gassing going on all night next to you, their website assurances notwithstanding. Apparently the smell goes away with time. I hope the taste does too.

4. If you order the "tan" color from BD, it's really a light pink. I thought it would be darker as shown but it's about the same shade as the "normal" tone but pink. I guess I'd prefer the normal tone but pink is ok.

5. The head screws on. After about 20 turns it gets tight with her eyes facing backwards-right. It flops around and won't hold position, except looking backwards-right. Also there is something loose in the head that makes noise whenever you move it.

6. The wrists also don't hold position so her hands flop around. All other joints hold position well. Her left elbow is quite tight but the others are just right.

7. The 2 inserts don't match up with the vagina entry. You can't just stick your schlong in and expect it to go into the insert. It's a little more complicated. I was actually expecting this with an insert. Obviously the insert has advantages over the built in. I cut down my Maria Ozawa insert and it works much better. To about 2-3/8 dia. I think having it a bit larger than the hole really helps in creating a path of least resistance. And it doesn't burn.

Am I being too harsh. The doll is a third the price of it's silicone counterparts. And Anna gave me a really good deal. Maybe they thought since they gave me a good deal they should rush it to make up for it. But then it wasn't such a good deal! I'd rather have paid closer to full price and gotten the doll they advertised with a proper waist joint and shipping protection.

Mainly though, the doll I got should have been the one advertised. I don't think it was.

Redeeming Qualities - THE GOOD

1. This doll is outrageously impossibly soft and cuddly. My DS145cm, which I thought was pretty soft (I think it is for silicone) feels almost hard in comparison.

2. Her range of movement is excellent, better than my DS--BUT she's missing 2 ranges of waist motion my DS doll has that would bring her more to life.

3. Possibly her best feature is her breasts. At first feel they seem too firm, but I realized it was because they aren't hollow, and it's a more realistic feeling, and her nipples are supremely suckable, quite amazing.

4. The doll feels good. I mean REALLY GOOD. Its unnerving how good she feels.

5. Her vagina looks REALISTIC. Finally they are getting it right. Of my 3 dolls it's my favorite.

6. She holds on to baby powder better than my silicone doll and it improves her appearance more. The powder on my silicone doll stands out more, especially in photographs and smudges easily.

MY RATINGS
Packaging 1.0 Poor (could easily be 4 or 5 with a molded tray and or memory foam)
Overall Doll Appearance 3.0 Average (would be 4.5 w/o shipping damage--may improve w/time?)
Softness 5.0 Superior
Range of Movement 3.0 Average (would be 4.0 with more waist movement)
Sex 4.0 Good (would be 5.0 with insert match and no bad smell or taste)
Smell/Taste of material 2.0 Below Avg
Durability 3.0 Average
BD/WM Customer service 2.0 Below average (could be 4.0 with more info on websites and an owner's manual)
Value: 3.0 Average
Overall Score 3.0/5.0 Average

If you do the math you see this easily could be a 4.0 good, even 4.5 excellent doll if they just fixed the noted issues. I can see this doll being a 5.0 with a few more years research into eliminating that ugly smell and taste and improving the durability.

So I have really mixed feelings about this doll. On the one hand I feel I'm being asked to solve or tolerate the manufacturer's problems that have been brought to their attention weeks or months ago. That I received a different doll than advertised and with issues. The makers and all the vendors seems to be purposefully vague on what the doll can and cannot do, hoping you'll fill in the blanks on your own.

It seems the issues could be corrected easily, possibly raising the price a bit but bring the doll almost on par with the much more expensive choices, which I would gladly pay the extra.

On the other hand the doll feels great looks sexy and is pretty fun to play with. My recommendation is, unless you're an early adopter and must experience this soft doll, to wait on purchasing until they resolve the "bugs".

My 2 cents.

Thanks for reading.

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

Shit! I agree with siliken. He shares my buyers remorse.

Arisa mouth is misaligned like his doll. Back does not bend back or forth. I had so many problems with insert, but i finally fuck her right in the pussy. Pussy is placed too far forward. Anal hole needs to be placed higer up ass for easy doggy. I wish you can make anal and mouth insert so i can clean her easier. Also do not make screw on heads! Also creaky neck is annoying and scary.

Chronos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chronos »

P8201442.JPG
P8201442.JPG (740.38 KiB) Viewed 8836 times
P8211448.JPG
P8211448.JPG (418.52 KiB) Viewed 8836 times
P8211450.JPG
P8211450.JPG (377.56 KiB) Viewed 8836 times
P8211452.JPG
P8211452.JPG (540.05 KiB) Viewed 8836 times
P8211453c.JPG
P8211453c.JPG (516.93 KiB) Viewed 8836 times
P8211455c.JPG
P8211455c.JPG (429.12 KiB) Viewed 8821 times
P8211459c.JPG
P8211459c.JPG (465.69 KiB) Viewed 8836 times
P8211461.JPG
P8211461.JPG (371.63 KiB) Viewed 8836 times

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

imo. you're not being harsh.

experiences can be different/similar from what members have posted and you are just sharing your point of view.

yup. tpe = compression. The thing is (from the box condition), it looks like something was put on top of the box and for quite awhile too. those are pretty deep body compressions.

I do agree about the ankle/feet issue. They need to better protect the area, a good number of people already have shown how sensitive it is during shipping. socks maybe. (but again there might be compression based on how long it's on.)

I think your review will help improve the process. (from the manufacturer/shipper.)

so kudos.

/g'day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

Thanks for this unbiased and comparative review.
Lots of food for thought, here. Appreciated :thumbs_up:

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

harvey48
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by harvey48 »

I received mine 136 cm 'Joy" from a vendor. no damage, but she was shipped in a wooded crate.

as far as the head rotating too far, try a garden hose washer, it worked for me. I do not have a rattle in her head but sometimes a creaking sound. I agree with the softness, WOW.

dragonfly8878
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dragonfly8878 »

I believe the ankle compression occurs because the doll is free to move around somewhat, and when the box is stood upright during shipping all the doll's weight is on them. The other compression marks on her torso and thighs are mystifying. The WM 163cm doll I bought has them on her thighs, stomach and behind, and was wearing the same pink slip. I'm thinking they're caused by wrinkles in the clothes that WM dresses them in, and then the weight of the doll pressing on the wrinkles during shipping. The WM 135cm doll I bought was wearing a pink teddy of a different material and has no compression marks on her at all. It would be a simple fix to ship the doll without the clothes on, but folded up and tucked away somewhere. It would be easier for them as well to not have to put the clothes on before shipping.
harvey48 wrote:I received mine 136 cm 'Joy" from a vendor. no damage, but she was shipped in a wooded crate.

as far as the head rotating too far, try a garden hose washer, it worked for me. I do not have a rattle in her head but sometimes a creaking sound. I agree with the softness, WOW.
Garden hose washer is a good idea. Others have used an O-ring washer, as well. Here's a thread I started to pass along another idea using metal washers. Not my idea, it's a re-posting of an idea from another thread. It makes the head stay posed, and yet is still easy to turn, and greatly diminishes any rattling.
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=55886
"We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams." ~Willy Wonka

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Review of my 145cm Aria (WM)- The Good, the Bad and the

Post by Cubiko »

Great post!

I have sympathy for you, silken, I really do. I think what you´re experiencing is something that a few of us TPE owners are experiencing.
I can relate to a lot of the issues you list up, although with a different TPE manufacturer (although some the dolls look the same, packaged and dressed exactly the same - who knows who really makes them). Apart from the insert problem I too struggle with all the issues you list.
Believe it or not, LOL, the packaging is a vast improvement from some of the other TPE brands. Mine didn´t even have any protection at the head end, just the blanket.

I´m surprised to see your "tan" skin being so light, and suspect I bought a doll with the same skin. The doll I have was supposed to be tan, but I always thought they sent the wrong color but after seeing your tan-skinned TPE I think I got the right one after all.

She´s got more range of movement that the DS? I´m surprised to hear this, and if we could be off-topic for a few seconds, could you elaborate on the difference (apart from the wrists)? I´m considering a DS.

There are serious issues some of the TPE makers need to address, and I´m all with you on your conclusion. Sadly, Chinese quality check is sometimes very poor.

argo1

Post by argo1 »

I think it might be a defect product in early production.
That's why may be cheaper price from BD... It seems they use 135 doll box for shipping!!
WM doll has never listen to the market. They made dolls and colour in their preference...

Chronos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chronos »

Sotaichou wrote:
yup. tpe = compression. The thing is (from the box condition), it looks like something was put on top of the box and for quite awhile too. those are pretty deep body compressions.

I do agree about the ankle/feet issue. They need to better protect the area, a good number of people already have shown how sensitive it is during shipping. socks maybe. (but again there might be compression based on how long it's on.)
Thanks Sotaichu. I think the box was upside down for awhile during shipping and the body compressed against the blanket. As you say, TPE compresses super easy. I've noticed tight clothing make similar marks.
Netwit wrote:Thanks for this unbiased and comparative review.
Lots of food for thought, here. Appreciated :thumbs_up:
You're welcome Netwit glad to reciprocate all the help I've received from this forum thank you :thumbs_up:
harvey48 wrote:as far as the head rotating too far, try a garden hose washer, it worked for me. I do not have a rattle in her head but sometimes a creaking sound.
Thanks for the tip Harvey, great idea will try! :thumbs_up:
dragonfly8878 wrote:I believe the ankle compression occurs because the doll is free to move around somewhat, and when the box is stood upright during shipping all the doll's weight is on them. The other compression marks on her torso and thighs are mystifying. The WM 163cm doll I bought has them on her thighs, stomach and behind, and was wearing the same pink slip. I'm thinking they're caused by wrinkles in the clothes that WM dresses them in, and then the weight of the doll pressing on the wrinkles during shipping. The WM 135cm doll I bought was wearing a pink teddy of a different material and has no compression marks on her at all. It would be a simple fix to ship the doll without the clothes on, but folded up and tucked away somewhere. It would be easier for them as well to not have to put the clothes on before shipping.
Dragonfly good points. I believe it was the doll being upside down on the blanket during shipping. Because the worst dent is across her breasts you can see in the photo below the blanket goes right across there. This was taken 2 seconds after opening
P8201403c.JPG
P8201403c.JPG (394.31 KiB) Viewed 8633 times
Notice there was no white foam padding on top! Some have suggested packing the doll in a plastic mold tray in the exact shape of her poured mold or simply pack her between two large pieces of memory foam. There is little or no damage to her back side so maybe just use that same white foam on top because there wasn't any there only the blanket! Yes they definitely need to keep the weight off her feet, with memory foam they could tighten some straps around it to hold her. And simply put "this side up", "do not stand on end" stickers all over the box, there isn't a single fragile sticker anywhere!
mandos wrote:Great post!

I have sympathy for you, silken, I really do. I think what you´re experiencing is something that a few of us TPE owners are experiencing.
I can relate to a lot of the issues you list up

I´m surprised to see your "tan" skin being so light, and suspect I bought a doll with the same skin. The doll I have was supposed to be tan, but I always thought they sent the wrong color but after seeing your tan-skinned TPE I think I got the right one after all.

She´s got more range of movement that the DS? I´m surprised to hear this, and if we could be off-topic for a few seconds, could you elaborate on the difference (apart from the wrists)? I´m considering a DS.
Thanks Mandos. The pink is nice, its growing on me and gives my collection nice variety (tan, brown, pink)
TPE has about twice the stretch strength as silicone so you can put her arms above her head a bit, spread those legs wide and bend her calves 90 deg back, sideways in or sideways out just don't leave highly stretched more than a few minutes keep her powdered and don't be too rough :mrgreen: Yeah its a love/hate relationship, I'm pissed about the no bending forward/backward at the waist, almost ruins the doll for me like she had a spine injury and got it surgically stiffened. Make sure you order the mod which allows that.
gogocat wrote:I think it might be a defect product in early production.
That's why may be cheaper price from BD... It seems they use 135 doll box for shipping!!
WM doll has never listen to the market. They made dolls and colour in their preference...
:thumbs_up:

Chronos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chronos »

EDIT: I discovered the reason for the compression on the front. I went to my garage and pulled the box from the rafters and there is no foam pad on the top! All they had was the blanket! So probably the box was upside down during some of the trip and there was almost no protection on the top, and no "this side up stickers" on the box!

Imagine to sell someone a $2500 very soft heavy fragile doll and then just throw it in a cardboard box with such half-assed padding and not even any handling stickers to be shipped halfway around the world. WTF?

ewood
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ewood »

siliken wrote:EDIT: I discovered the reason for the compression on the front. I went to my garage and pulled the box from the rafters and there is no foam pad on the top! All they had was the blanket! So probably the box was upside down during some of the trip and there was almost no protection on the top, and no "this side up stickers" on the box!

Imagine to sell someone a $2500 very soft heavy fragile doll and then just throw it in a cardboard box with such half-assed padding and not even any handling stickers to be shipped halfway around the world. WTF?

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

siliken wrote:Imagine to sell someone a $2500 very soft heavy fragile doll and then just throw it in a cardboard box with such half-assed padding and not even any handling stickers to be shipped halfway around the world. WTF?

Indeed. :(

My thoughts exactly when I saw my doll´s neck was all bent due to no protection on the upper end + only 1/2 inch (1-2 cm) foam "wrap" around the sides. It´s tragic. It must be a matter of cost, I can´t think of any other reason. I import cheap optics from China for resale (very cheap, for the basic user, $150+), and the manufacturer ships them great big boxes with double and often triple cardboard, they can withstand a hurricane. I would say a doll is even more fragile than optics, so one can wonder why... Image

dragonfly8878
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dragonfly8878 »

siliken wrote:Dragonfly good points. I believe it was the doll being upside down on the blanket during shipping. Because the worst dent is across her breasts you can see in the photo below the blanket goes right across there. This was taken 2 seconds after opening.
P8201403c.JPG
P8201403c.JPG (57.25 KiB) Viewed 8506 times
Notice there was no white foam padding on top! Some have suggested packing the doll in a plastic mold tray in the exact shape of her poured mold or simply pack her between two large pieces of memory foam. There is little or no damage to her back side so maybe just use that same white foam on top because there wasn't any there only the blanket! Yes they definitely need to keep the weight off her feet, with memory foam they could tighten some straps around it to hold her. And simply put "this side up", "do not stand on end" stickers all over the box, there isn't a single fragile sticker anywhere!
You're right, the edge of the blanket is right where the breast indentation is. I think the plastic mold idea is an excellent one. It would prevent the compressions marks on the torso by spreading out the pressure, and would keep the doll's weight off her ankles even if the box was stood on end. In my experience, shipping companies often disregard "this side up" and "fragile" stickers. There was a covert video study of shipping company handlers some years ago that showed that the more "fragile" stickers there were on a box, the worse treatment it got. It was almost like the abundance of stickers made the handlers angry.

If it makes you feel any better, all the compression marks on my WM163 are gone. I put her in the middle of the bed and used a low voltage electric blanket on top of a sheet in a normal fashion (not wrapped like a mummy) to gently warm her up for a couple of days. I used a setting of 5 out of 10 one day and 8 out of 10 the next. Note that it was a "low voltage" electric blanket and NOT a standard electric blanket. The low voltage ones don't get anywhere near as hot and don't have the bulky wiring inside (the wires are small and not very noticeable). The doll was warmer than ambient temp, but not up as high as human body temps. There was no blanket or bedspread on top of the low voltage electric blanket.
"We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams." ~Willy Wonka

INFORMATIONS