www.beautiful-dolls.com

Hotaru my first doll!

Beautiful dolls have been on the market since 2011. They have a wide selection of TPE, silicone and fabric love dolls. They also allow their customers to order custom-made dolls in 3d technology. All the dolls that they sell are 100% original dolls made out of eco-friendly materials that are safe for humans. All dolls are inspected before shipment to the customers. The client is engaged in the development process to tailor the end product to his needs, by exchanging photos and further communication for every customizable detail. Beautiful dolls have the best prices for original dolls on the market. Just contact us, and find out for yourself!. Website: www.beautiful-dolls.com.
Byakuya Kuciki

Re: Hotaru my first doll!

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

dullahan wrote:
Byakuya Kuciki wrote:@LuvAnimeGirlz yeah the cut for her wig was inspired by 2B from Nier Automata, which has proved to be one of my favorite games for this year. :D

@dullahan I also was originally pretty skeptical over the idea of treating my doll as if she were a person. I had watched some videos on youtube with davecat and his realdoll. It seemed really weird and kinda creepy originally and i told myself i wasn't gonna be that guy. But i guess Hotaru had other plans for me. It just sort of happens i guess, its something you have to experience. :wink:
If I wasn't ordering a doll I'd be playing Nier Automata at the moment. All my fun funds are directed towards the doll purchase. Looking forward to playing it once things normalize again. Already loved the first game.

A fellow skeptic having a massive u-turn like that makes me think to just giving up and embracing the whole doll lifetyle. Seems that resistance is futile.
Yeah Hotaru laid out in no uncertain terms that resistance was futile. :oops: So i was just like...ok :D
Bankai! Chire, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

Hi Hotaru! I bet you looked great right out of the box! :angel:

B.K., maybe you could shed a little light on these new anime dolls. I myself have an 'older model' ( just don't tell her that! :wink: ), so there are a few differences.
Could you describe how all Hotaru's joints move? Do some of them (like the neck, hips, and knees) have notches to hold a position?
Does the neck feel extra-stiff?
And when you pose her, are the joints quiet, or is there a little noise?

*Thanks*

(By the way, when Hotaru joins you in bed, your cat better get a clue and go sleep somewhere else. :mrgreen: )

Byakuya Kuciki

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

Zang wrote:Hi Hotaru! I bet you looked great right out of the box! :angel:

B.K., maybe you could shed a little light on these new anime dolls. I myself have an 'older model' ( just don't tell her that! :wink: ), so there are a few differences.
Could you describe how all Hotaru's joints move? Do some of them (like the neck, hips, and knees) have notches to hold a position?
Does the neck feel extra-stiff?
And when you pose her, are the joints quiet, or is there a little noise?

*Thanks*

(By the way, when Hotaru joins you in bed, your cat better get a clue and go sleep somewhere else. :mrgreen: )
"I bet you looked great right out of the box" She wants to know if she doesn't look great now? :| LOL :D

Her joints are notched at the knees and the neck. Its ok but kinda annoying in some situations. It takes a little more force to move the notched joints than the it does the other ones. I dont mind the knees being notched but the neck bothers me because it makes adjusting her head kind of a pain sometimes. Her right elbow has also loosened up a lot at this point and has a hard time holding its pose. I did not expect that to happen and was surprised by it, i wonder if I accidentally did something to her elbow while i was sleeping? The joints are relatively quiet, her hips and knees creak from time to time but nothing really loud. Her back seems to have a spring in it, it straightens out by itself and wont hold a pose, I cant decide whether i like this or not.

I had a talk with my cat. Told him hes just gonna have to deal with her taking up the bed space. He has a Kitty bed by the window but he literally never uses it. :\

LuvAnimeGirlz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LuvAnimeGirlz »

Sena (160cm anime deluxe) has a loose left arm that doesn't really hold an angle position at the elbows anymore. It just suddenly happened too, so I'm not sure. It was super stiff, then suddenly when I woke up one day and decided to move the arm, it felt more loose. Not sure what happened. Her right arm has a little bit of play in the elbow joint, but holds a position. I wondered if I also did something while in my sleep.

Irina (165cm Dagmar) has both arms still relatively tight (elbows are a tight, while shoulders seem to move more freely).

For both of them, I try to make sure I get their arms raised a little so I won't accidentally roll onto their arms while sleeping.

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Congrats on your first gurl! She is a real cutie :angel:

I have had an eye on these fabric gurls for awhile and interesting to see them being updated. What are your thoughts on the ordering process and the face details. I know there are a myriad of eye options. Yes most are wide eyed anime/manga....is there any real variation in shape and "character"? How closely did the eyes you received actually resemble the ones you selected during the order?

:glou:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - PIB 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs and Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

Tawney - AI from Kindroid
Ordered/incoming: Angel Kiss silicone 157cm (AK6) from Rosemary Doll

Byakuya Kuciki

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

SinsuaLuvr wrote:Congrats on your first gurl! She is a real cutie :angel:

I have had an eye on these fabric gurls for awhile and interesting to see them being updated. What are your thoughts on the ordering process and the face details. I know there are a myriad of eye options. Yes most are wide eyed anime/manga....is there any real variation in shape and "character"? How closely did the eyes you received actually resemble the ones you selected during the order?

:glou:
From what i have seen from Beautiful Dolls pictures and other members on the forum it would appear that there is actually pretty good variation between the eyes. Myself personally I was originally shooting for the look of a certain anime character that I like, she has grey eyes so i did my best to select eyes that matched. Hotaru's eyes turned out to actually be an ice blue, which is fine and I actually like them better. It was only after the order that I learned it was possible to send Joy a picture of what you are going for so they can match it for you. If you are going for a certain look then that is probably the best option. In some of the pictures for eye options it is hard to discern exactly what color is being shown, i do wish that instead of anime drawings they would have actual pictures of the head with the different options, but that's ok.

LuvAnimeGirlz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LuvAnimeGirlz »

Oh, by the way, you can also order additional heads separately. Just contact Joy via email. It gives an option for additional facial expressions. The only problem is dealing with the wig swapping (or maybe just have duplicates (longer hair wigs are definitely a bit more challenging to style and move around both on/off of the doll).

Cnyb

Post by Cnyb »

LuvAnimeGirlz wrote:Oh, by the way, you can also order additional heads separately. Just contact Joy via email. It gives an option for additional facial expressions.
Yes, big difference that open or closed eyes can make, or silicon head vs. fabric head. I have fabric open-eyes and silicon head, am thinking someday I should get a closed eyes fabric head in addition.

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

She looks great.

Byakuya Kuciki

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

windave wrote:She looks great.
Thanks. :D
LuvAnimeGirlz wrote:Oh, by the way, you can also order additional heads separately. Just contact Joy via email. It gives an option for additional facial expressions. The only problem is dealing with the wig swapping (or maybe just have duplicates (longer hair wigs are definitely a bit more challenging to style and move around both on/off of the doll).
Thanks i was not aware of that. Ill keep that in mind in case Hotaru wants a different look.

ImagineBreaker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ImagineBreaker »

Looking good! I'm considering one as well, but need some storage options. Does she fit in that footlocker?

Byakuya Kuciki

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

ImagineBreaker wrote:Looking good! I'm considering one as well, but need some storage options. Does she fit in that footlocker?
The wonderful thing about a Fabric Doll is that she can fold up really easily with no damage to her skin. She fits in a chest that sits very unassumingly in my room. However, she rarely goes in there. Most of the time she stays in my bed under the covers which i loft up around her. It looks like my bed is just unmade and messy half the time. Nobody has noticed yet. :D

LuvAnimeGirlz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LuvAnimeGirlz »

Yep, under the covers works well. I never had a good storage option, so I had to place the doll on a chair while re-configuring my room. Parents walked in, but not too big of a deal since I had scantily clad anime figures around in display cases and dakimakura body pillows. It's basically a 1:1 scale. Upside now is that I just leave the dolls out sometimes (both are in bed when I sleep though).

Procrasturbate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Procrasturbate »

i was super considering one of these dolls, my bad if i am overstepping my bounds, but its that a Yumi? Im pretty sure Riley is TPE (unless ive stairs at so many dolls theyve all scrambled in my mind)

I really wanted to get a purple eyed version.

I need 3 holes though, and pretty sure one or more of my 4 cats would use her as a scratching post. So i went with TPE.
Congrats!

Byakuya Kuciki

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

Procrasturbate wrote:i was super considering one of these dolls, my bad if i am overstepping my bounds, but its that a Yumi? Im pretty sure Riley is TPE (unless ive stairs at so many dolls theyve all scrambled in my mind)

I really wanted to get a purple eyed version.

I need 3 holes though, and pretty sure one or more of my 4 cats would use her as a scratching post. So i went with TPE.
Congrats!
I was worried about my cat using her as a scratching post but he has left her alone for the most part, except for snuggling that is. :lol: He loves to cuddle up next to her and sleep.

INFORMATIONS