exdollofficial.com

Dye color migration on dolls from clothing

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

DaiHE
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Dye color migration on dolls from clothing

Post by DaiHE »

Hi all, been reading about others problems with the discoloration and all from clothes and such and a lot of answers mainly stating the stains will disappear after time and not to leave clothes on for a long time especially tight clothes and to wash them first etc...all the good precautionary advice and I appreciate all the information but can anyone tell me with some insight about how long you can keep a doll dressed before you have to be concerned? consider the doll is clean and freshly powdered wearing socks, panties, no bra, loose skirt and top, all dark almost black polyester blend clothing. Can I leave her dressed for a couple or few days? a week?
Would like to do this but don't want to get to the staining point
Thanks for everyones insight and helpful advice.
By the way, I love my DS doll....she's my first and it's just great!

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Dye color migration on dolls from clothing

Post by Wim »

Always wash the clothes first. Some new clothes stain even after an hour. Personally I don't think it's smart to leave their clothes on even for a week, unless it's lose and white or grey.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

I know everyone tells you to wash dark clothes before putting them on your dolls. I don't.
I have some dark clothes that cannot be washed, dry clean only.
When clothes are new, I check every hour. I have quite some dark clothes that never stained. I have a few clothes that still stain even after more than a dozen washes. So, to me it's not about washing, it's about being careful.

:glou:

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

So, it comes down to the clothes itself. (made of, etc)

This is good to know. (I need all the tips I can get as well. :))

/many thx.

/g'day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

DaiHE
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by DaiHE »

Nescio50 wrote:I know everyone tells you to wash dark clothes before putting them on your dolls. I don't.
I have some dark clothes that cannot be washed, dry clean only.
When clothes are new, I check every hour. I have quite some dark clothes that never stained. I have a few clothes that still stain even after more than a dozen washes. So, to me it's not about washing, it's about being careful.

:glou:
Nescio50, thanks but can you tell us what the clothes were made of ? Especially the ones you say never stained and what the ones that did stain after repeated washings...what were they made of?

Thanks everyone for responding, I think it's really important to share the details on this subject! I don't want my doll to look bruised like we had a domestic quarrel LoL!!!

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

remember, not just clothing. i got a stain from a wet spot on a dark blue satin sheet. in seconds ,minutes,almost she had a round blue spot on her ass.
it was hard to remove.
i use MEK or acetone, even then sometimes it is still visible for some time.
sheets clothing towels. pre wash anything that will contact the doll, also look out for wet dolls on dyed cloth. best of luck,,
BG

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Depending upon what the doll is made out of platinum silicone if you do get a stain in the doll it will come out in time putting some powder over the area will help but it will take time but eventually it will fade out of your doll. I don't know how to treat a stain made in TPE.
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

beardygoat wrote:remember, not just clothing. i got a stain from a wet spot on a dark blue satin sheet. in seconds ,minutes,almost she had a round blue spot on her ass.
it was hard to remove.
i use MEK or acetone, even then sometimes it is still visible for some time.
sheets clothing towels. pre wash anything that will contact the doll, also look out for wet dolls on dyed cloth. best of luck,,
BG

NOOoooOOOoo. :lol:

/thx for the heads up.

/g'day.

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

DaiHE wrote:Nescio50, thanks but can you tell us what the clothes were made of ? Especially the ones you say never stained and what the ones that did stain after repeated washings...what were they made of?

Thanks everyone for responding, I think it's really important to share the details on this subject! I don't want my doll to look bruised like we had a domestic quarrel LoL!!!
Sorry, that's difficult. I've been looking through the wardrobe. One black dress is notorious for stains, but I can't find a label on it. Some other black dresses were bought at a Japanese store and I can't read the labels. I guess most dresses are synthetic.
My point is, always be careful! Even after washing there might be stains (and sometimes even without washing there's no problem at all). My advice is to check very often until you know that a dress doesn't stain.
I had that notorious staining dress for too long on my Anatomical Doll. Her bum was all black :( but after a few weeks all stains were gone. So, if there's a little stain, don't panic, it will disappear. But as said, best is to be careful :!:

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Wim »

Maybe it's best to brush the clothes over reserve piece of silicon and see if it stains. Rub it over it and you will see.

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

ah. a touch test. (wrap it around a finger maybe, or somewhere hidden, etc.)

/good :idea:

And yup. being careful is the numbah one thing...

(I freak out when I find a stain when there wasn't one before with the same clothing, and this is on a TBD. When my silicone arrives, hope I'll be more prepared. :))

/g'day.

shimu3z
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by shimu3z »

One thing I do on my smaller dolls is use white undergarments and white tights of stockings. Then you can put the colored over them. Also, it's a good idea to , as pointed out, to wash items anyway before making contact with your doll.
shimu3z

Life may not be what you want but it will be what you make it.

DaiHE
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by DaiHE »

So, I decided to put a couple items to a test....the top is a black faded glory shirt, 60%cotton/40%poly and the bottom is a pair of tights from Walmart made of 87% nylon and 13% spandex. She has been wearing these since Saturday...almost 4 days now, lying on her back in bed...thought if she was going to get any coloring here it would be on her back....knock on wood nothing so far! I'm going to keep her this way for a couple more days then change to different clothes/fabrics. As a side not, I checked her twice during the day, first thing in the morning and right before bed (of course). If anyone has any similar types of "testing" I would like to hear how the dolls reacted.
I am posting a couple pics to show the results as of today.

thanks all

DaiHE
Attachments
Nothing here....
Nothing here....
front 01.jpg (269.07 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
Or here.....
Or here.....
back01.jpg (218.76 KiB) Viewed 3244 times

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Dollarhyde wrote:Depending upon what the doll is made out of platinum silicone if you do get a stain in the doll it will come out in time putting some powder over the area will help but it will take time but eventually it will fade out of your doll. I don't know how to treat a stain made in TPE.
Probably the same way, as both are caused by the same thing: Oils in the plastic.

Oddly, Sharon has never suffered from any staining, from any fabric, any color. I don't even bother prewashing new dresses anymore. Perhaps Cylon 'flesh' is 'hypo-pigmegenic'?
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Akai

Post by Akai »

Oops! I got some pretty major stains from a tight black dress made of rayon and polyester. After all her clothes i made sure to wash, i totally forgot to wash this one first. Lol I'm trying to wash them off with soap and left her in the tub for a few hours but not really cominig off too much. I saw that someone used MEK (have no idea what that is, tell me if you know) or acetone, but didn't see if that was for silicone or what. Any other suggestions for cleaning a RD2?
- More of my Girls - http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14370 (need to update still)
My most recent, Red Succubus Girl, Lilyth!! viewtopic.php?t=158098

INFORMATIONS