exdollofficial.com

Next generation love doll

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Doll Sweet - EXdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Next generation love doll

Post by Doll Sweet - EXdoll »

is there anyone imagined what will happen to the love dolls next 10 years or 20 years ?

we are reserching some new love doll technology.

we want to make the doll can smile, can talk, maybe also can sing and dance.
it is big project, will cost a lot of time and resources.
this kind doll maybe coming after 5~10 years, maybe very expensave.
Of course, we are not the company of science and technology, we can not produce robot.
but, that's a very definite possibility.

even right now, some cell phone already can answer and talk with poeple (thank microsoft and apple)
so, how far the doll will became robot ?

as we research. there is a very interesting problem.

the Oriental people like the woman robot. we can find many lovely robot girl in Japanese cartoon and movies
those character very kind to human, help human, love human. almost robot girl is positive image and happy end.

but the in western world, people don't like the human type robot. in the movies and cartoon,
almost human type robot character is enemy of mankind, they only come to destroye and replace human.
robot girl always is negative image.

why? what make this so different?

------

here are some pictures about the robot doll head so far we did

(The picture is a prototype reference, we do not sell this )

DS doll website: http://www.dsdoll.us/home.html

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Next generation love doll

Post by Slew »

Doll Sweet wrote:the Oriental people like the woman robot. we can find many lovely robot girl in Japanese cartoon and movies
those character very kind to human, help human, love human. almost robot girl is positive image and happy end.

but the in western world, people don't like the human type robot. in the movies and cartoon,
almost human type robot character is enemy of mankind, they only come to destroye and replace human.

In the west, I think it was probably a "false start", and by that I mean someone(1930s-40s american sci-fi?) came along, and made robots out to be a symbol of destruction of mankind, here I'm thinking of "The_Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still", but there were comic books and dime novels, and probably full literary works, as well. Somehow the notion that non-human must mean inhumane caught hold, and dug it's heels in. So if it's not a human, it mustn't be able to feel, or know right from wrong.

If someone came along first, (maybe more like Isaac Asimov?) and created an image of robots as helpful, obedient beings, we would probably embrace artificial intelligence more in the west.

Just a thought. :| :)

Slew

Edit: "The Day the Earth Stood Still" is probably a bad example, I was never into Sci-Fi as a genre. I'm just guessing that it became popular very early on to suspect robots of being malevolent.

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

Doll Sweet wrote: the Oriental people like the woman robot. we can find many lovely robot girl in Japanese cartoon and movies

Very nice. Very nice - I like that you are thinking long term and everyone at DS seem to be genuinely interested in producing the best possible product. It´s very reassuring for us, the customers. :thumbs_up:

You might be on to something with the difference people from around the world look at robots. I remember my favourite movie when I was younger, Ghost in the Shell/Kôkaku Kidôtai, where the hero was a young female cyborg. I can´t think of any western movie where that happens right now.

dragonfly8878
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dragonfly8878 »

Doll Sweet I think it's wonderful that you are working to advance the technology of dolls. You're one of my most favorite doll makers. I wish you the very best of success in your research. :!: :!: :!:

Japan definitely has a love for robotics. It's amazing to see what they've accomplished so far.

In the West, I think it's more that Science Fiction is very popular, and robots make great adversaries because they can be relentless and hard to destroy. It's the same reason that zombies, vampires, werewolves, and alien invaders are popular Science Fiction adversaries.

There are a lot of positive robots in Science Fiction too. Remember the movie Forbidden Planet with the first appearance of Robbie The Robot? And Robot B-9 from Lost In Space. (Even the name B-9 is a play on the word "benign.") Or the ambuquad Twiki and the sentient computer Dr. Theopolis from Buck Rodgers. Then there's Commander Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation. And Rachael from Blade Runner.

And some that were designed specifically to be attractive females like Cherry 2000 from Cherry 2000, Lisa from Weird Science, and Lenore from Serenity. (This thread is really stirring up a lot of fond memories.)

I feel certain that actual female androids that may come out in the next few decades would be very well received by Doll Forum members, if not by others in the West as well. If there was resistance to female androids, especially sexy ones, it would probably come from feminists who are generally offended by most things men do.
"We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams." ~Willy Wonka

dragonfly8878
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dragonfly8878 »

mandos wrote:I remember my favourite movie when I was younger, Ghost in the Shell/Kôkaku Kidôtai, where the hero was a young female cyborg.
I just bought that recently because I've heard it's so good. Now I'm looking forward to seeing it even more. :thumbs_up:
"We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams." ~Willy Wonka

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

dragonfly8878 wrote:In the West, I think it's more that Science Fiction is very popular, and robots make great adversaries because they can be relentless and hard to destroy. It's the same reason that zombies, vampires, werewolves, and alien invaders are popular Science Fiction adversaries.
Good point there, dragonfly; I'd add that it probably all began with the classic 1927 film Metropolis, where a female robot was created to impersonate a real woman character (if I remember correctly). People don't want to be impersonated; and that actually now ties in with the real current-day fear and threat of identity theft.

But as for what doll features I'd like to see in the next decade or two, it'd be more passive qualities like smiles, movable eyelids, user-customizable voices, and internal warmth; not too far of a reach from what's doable now.

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

Robots are viewed either good or bad based on sci-fi fiction or real life. Movies and video games view robots as villains.

In real life robots are thought as good for humans; today in manufacturing, medical industry, the home (Roomba) and even toys you can see positive views towards robots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NheR3nSwoco
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... man-values
http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive ... n-robotics
http://www.irobot.com/us
http://www.wired.co.uk/tags/Robotics
http://www.wired.co.uk/tags/Robots

I think you will see a positive reaction in the western world for what you are doing with your ideas.

skyknight

Post by skyknight »

I think, robots would be good, as long as they are programmed and don't really have intelligence of their own.

If they had "true" AI, they'd become sentient sooner or later while still containing the logical machine intelligence.
In a setup like this they would realize that humanity is a threat to the world and therefore must be destroyed!

I fear science is a bit too hasty to achive true AI, so they don't think enough about the safe mechanisms, resulting in a skynet scenario sooner or later!

Thndrrbolt
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thndrrbolt »

Not to forget Will Smith and "I, Robot". Machines obeying the first law of robotics (don't harm humans) until someone corrupts the central computer program turning ALL robots against humans.
Then comes the Sci Fi channel with programs like "Continuum" where the law enforcement robots are tools of a police state that protects the interests of big corporations against the freedoms of individuals (Time for James Caan and "Rollerball"?).
And what was that series (Battle star Galactica?) where robots had become sentient beings and evolved into a self-producing silicone based life form called Cylons, whose goal was the destruction of all human life?
So, while the oriental view of robots is that of a deferential selfless servant, in the US, some awake in terror of being stalked by an army of self propelled spot welders! :-)
T'Bolt

lovingchanj
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lovingchanj »

The extravagant wealth of America is unique in the modern world. The dominating mentality in the states is more, more, more almost to the point of gluttony. Americans have everything and it's almost thought of as an entitlement in this country. That has produced a population so fat, so swimming in largesse, that the only way we can FEEL anything is to be scared out of our wits by some kind of "evil enemy". This "cowboy mentality" is responsible for our inability to appreciate the subtler beauties in life. We run full speed over everything like a bull in a china shop.

In older societies on the planet where success was harder and slower to come by, people seem to have developed more of an ability to appreciate what they have. To see things more fully, to recognize the simple beauties that people in the west just don't have the sensitivity for as we barrel ahead full steam in the pursuit of consumerism and the violent exercize of power.

This, I believe, is the answer to your question Doll Sweet. The west is young. Like a child. We do not yet know how to fully appreciate a serving robot girl. We need her to be the Terminator and scare the shit out of us so we can kill her and thats what makes American audiences happy. Not all of us feel this way, many do not. Maybe someday we will grow out of our rank ignorance and become more open to beauty and love and peace for their own sake.

Western culture is ripe with violence and shock and awe. It is (sadly for many of us) the pablum we are fed by the media every day of our lives. Even our governing bodies are war-mongering cowboys. Most Americans will be insulted by this view. But it is merely an observation, not a condemnation. We are children compared to the rest of the world's countries. We will grow up someday.

Maybe your beautiful dolls, merging with robotics, will help us on our way.

lovingchanj
The more I understand, the less I know.

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

Please develope more non electric functions and upgrades for the doll before leaping into robotics and sky rocketing the doll price. Always try to make the doll lighter and durable and affordable.

Also it would be awesome if you develope the dolls robotics to make a sandwich! DS dolls creates the first Fembot that can make you a sandwich after sex!

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

To DS Doll, the advancement in dolls I'm hoping for are (1) features that make them more photogenic, like adjustable eyelids and movable facial expressions, and (2) a clever way to tighten and loosen major joints without the need to perform surgery. Perhaps well covered/hidden spots where a key or special tool can be inserted?

People that are only interested in dolls for sex will buy the lower cost options, but those that want to be creative will pay more for things like I've described. Of course, creative types enjoy sex with dolls too, but it's a secondary consideration.
lovingchanj wrote:Most Americans will be insulted by this view. But it is merely an observation, not a condemnation. We are children compared to the rest of the world's countries. We will grow up someday.
Normally I dismiss sweeping generalizations, especially ones with a healthy dose of trigger words, but I quite liked your post. I read recently that arguments you agree with tend to disengage your critical thinking skills, while arguments you disagree with tend to activate them. You've made some interesting points worth pondering further.

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

LaDollyVita wrote:To DS Doll, the advancement in dolls I'm hoping for are (1) features that make them more photogenic, like adjustable eyelids and movable facial expressions, and (2) a clever way to tighten and loosen major joints without the need to perform surgery. Perhaps well covered/hidden spots where a key or special tool can be inserted?

People that are only interested in dolls for sex will buy the lower cost options, but those that want to be creative will pay more for things like I've described. Of course, creative types enjoy sex with dolls too, but it's a secondary consideration.
lovingchanj wrote:Most Americans will be insulted by this view. But it is merely an observation, not a condemnation. We are children compared to the rest of the world's countries. We will grow up someday.
Normally I dismiss sweeping generalizations, especially ones with a healthy dose of trigger words, but I quite liked your post. I read recently that arguments you agree with tend to disengage your critical thinking skills, while arguments you disagree with tend to activate them. You've made some interesting points worth pondering further.
I agree - both with the wanted features and the comment on the quoted other post.

I'd also welcome any of those improvements you're likely to research on and introduce in time anyway - such as durability and easiest possible handling.

Kind regards.

p.S.: btw, there are people doing OPEN( community effort) low cost robotics, so I'd guess it should not be out of the question to combine that with your outstanding products before long - at least for torso/arm movement, probably not for walking/balance.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

I second LDV :D

Those wanting a doll primary for play, will buy lower costs dolls like TPE dolls. Being more interested in photography and like, I wish better quality skeletons, more realistic posing (and looks), no need to cut silicone if a joint has become loose (or joints not becoming loose). And also I like realistic soft feeling.

Maybe robotics can solve some of the posing issues.

Personally, I don't need AI. I don't want a doll to do small or dirty talk. And I don't believe a doll would be able to discuss arts, science, politics, world issues, or even doll issues like this.

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

The AI should atleast have a Chess Master program with varying degrees of difficulty. Simple card games too. The big issue is baterry life and camera eyes.

INFORMATIONS