exdollofficial.com

Baby powder vs. Talcum powder

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Re: Baby powder vs. Talcum powder

Post by Dollfriend »

A newer Doll especially one made of TPE leaches out an Oily Residue for about a month or so, this might be why your Doll is remaining sticky, the Oily Residue eventually does stop ...

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

Oh forgot to mention that both of my dolls are from DS hence made of silicone. So I should see decresed need of powdering after few times? I just noticed while preparing to sell my Mini that she was covered by dust already and skin felt a bit sticky even if I washed and powdered her few days ago and I have kept her in the box.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

I experienced more New Doll, Oily Residue issues with TPE, than Silicone, but I guess the same applies to both...as the saying Goes, This Too Shall Pass

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Sorry Pumpster, I forgot, I was thinking your second doll was TPE. I just washed my second mini today and you could almost pick her up by the stickiness! I think silicone is different but still reduces its stickiness over time. My first mini is waiting for the Permatex to arrive before I close her up after surgery but the inside is definitely stickier than the outside! I have the SilPoxy but didn't want a to finish off unless I had the Permatex!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

hollows+fentiman wrote:Sorry Pumpster, I forgot, I was thinking your second doll was TPE. I just washed my second mini today and you could almost pick her up by the stickiness! I think silicone is different but still reduces its stickiness over time. My first mini is waiting for the Permatex to arrive before I close her up after surgery but the inside is definitely stickier than the outside! I have the SilPoxy but didn't want a to finish off unless I had the Permatex!
Well you can't keep on track of everyone's dolls here I think :D Yes I noticed it too that after washing doll was much stickier even if I haven't been powdering her before, apparently because that layer of dust was washed away :lol: But I was surprised to notice the stickiness reappearing so soon after powdering as I was under impression that powdering should last good 2-4 weeks and repel all dirt. Mini is about 3 months old already so I think any oil oozing silicone might have should have passed already. Maybe I just used wrong kind of powder. Oh, and good luck with your mini as it looked like one hellish operation!

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Thanks Pumpster, I also washed the first mini"'s insides in the bath so I'm waiting for her to thoroughly dry before I close her up, that's when I noticed she was stickier inside than out! The insides obviously don't normally get contact with the air so maybe the stickiness does reduce over time but I would powder more often than 2 to 4 weeks anyway! It feels better! I would have thought once a week minimum. Make it her Sunday treat!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

Vermithrax
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Vermithrax »

New DS user here--slightly off topic reply, but maybe helpful to others who hadn't thought of it? Just received a DS 145- in August and love her! Anyway, it didn't take too long for me to get sick of the smell of baby powder and silicone so I bought some women's dusting powder to add to the mix. (I chose "cotton candy" and it smells amazing!) There are hundreds of different smells to chose from--think pumpkin pie, jelly bean, root beer, etc. So, I now dust my doll with baby powder and then dust over with a little bit of scented dusting powder. And it's weird--she smells a lot more like a real woman (maybe because they use those kinds of products?). I got mine from an online vendor called "Doctor Sweet Tooth", but there are lots of other vendors on eBay. (Note to people who don't have a DS: The original silicone smell of the doll isn't too bad (slightly lemony?) and it slowly fades but that and normal baby powder wear thin after awhile.)

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Just an add to the DS theme, the parts for my mini came in two boxes labelled Kids Corn Starch so that means they must use it for their dolls!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

dollguy101
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dollguy101 »

TPE WM dolls do they recommend talcum or baby powder? getting my first TPE doll soon from 1am.

I am thinking baby powder with a scent that I like, johnson johnson baby powders they are all based on cornstarch right? so safe to use?

to powder the doll is it so that it won't get sticky and collect dust? so you just apply it when it gets sticky? no need to powder it every month or right after sex right? thanks

Aber

Post by Aber »

I started with talc and then switched to using corn starch. This is on silicone dolls to start with.
I found the corn starch much smoother and less abrasive.
Plus it's very cheap, edible and you can add purfume or flavourings. :wink:
The only downside is it becomes like glue when mixed with lube. :oops:
MechadollUSA 95D (2016): Heated, 3 Faces: Brigette, Sophie, Laura; skin tone:normal, no fuzz, plain nails
Doll Sweet 145+ (2016): 3 heads:Lilith, sKayla, DoraCE; white skin, tight joints, no fuzz, no nails
Maidlee Doll Maid-Fong: Head 2, built-in oral and anal
PassionDolls 158cm pre-order with massive boobs and Trina head

INFORMATIONS