exdollofficial.com

Looking for information about hanging my doll.

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Looking for information about hanging my doll.

Post by deadpringle »

Hi everyone!

Does anyone have any idea what the thread pitch and diameter is for the head shaft on a typical DS Doll? I'm actually converting my walk-in closet to be my "doll room", and I'm going to wickedly reinforce the closet rods so that they will hold up to 300 lbs easily.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Looking for information about hanging my doll.

Post by LaDollyVita »

Little Mei sure has a tight grip on you, DP! ;-)

Dees Man
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: DownUnder with Sweet Dee & Nikki and also MaDee, Ally, Ashley, Fubi and Kelly

Post by Dees Man »

Hi DP

The hang kit that DS have comes with 2 options for hanging. One is a bolt (I believe is a standard 6M thread) attached to a wire that comes out the hole at the top of the head. On their old website they said this method is for short term, like a photo shoot. The other part is a more heavy duty clamp that clamps onto the neck bolt while the body is headless. This is preferred for storage.

I got mine for $49 with my doll, others had it included. The new site shows the storage hook "was $49 now $32" but doesn't say if both parts are included. They are well made like their dolls.

here's there vids showing them...
DM

cucky

Post by cucky »

Hi

Can i use a normal 6M Hook for storage , or is there a risk ?
Is somebody doing that in this way ?

Peter

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

cucky wrote:Hi

Can i use a normal 6M Hook for storage , or is there a risk ?
Is somebody doing that in this way ?

Peter

I'm sure something could be rigged. However, I would only trust hardware designed specifically for use with the doll when it comes to an attachment for the head shaft. Also, I get the impression that the threaded hanging rod is only for short term, whereas I believe the clamp is for long-term.

EDIT: I should clarify that after some consideration, I decided against using some unknown hook mechanism, as I would prefer to use something which is known to have the proper strength to support the doll's weight.

jiayi
Management
Management

Re: Looking for information about hanging my doll

Post by jiayi »

Hi deadpringle,
6mm 1.0 pitch will thread in about 10mm. I did a DYI through the head hanging system and have had no problems with long term hanging using the 6mm bolt.
Jiayi

dustknight

Post by dustknight »

Dees Man wrote: DM
Do all DS Doll heads come with that hole at the top? 8O

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

So, this is my final solution. It's far from elegant or sophisticated, but it gets the job done.

All I did was use a couple of 2x4's to augment the weight of the doll against the sides of the aluminum rod's mounting screws, and inside the rod, I trimmed and inserted a 3/4" wooden dowel to give it extra support against bending. The dowel fits the rod nice and tightly, with zero space around its circumference.

I'll be reinforcing the other closet rods so that I can similarly hang about two or three more dolls in here.
--
Doll Room Shot.png
Doll Room Shot.png (492.4 KiB) Viewed 2647 times

Dees Man
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: DownUnder with Sweet Dee & Nikki and also MaDee, Ally, Ashley, Fubi and Kelly

Post by Dees Man »

dustknight wrote:
Dees Man wrote: DM
Do all DS Doll heads come with that hole at the top? 8O
When I ordered my DS last year I asked them that same question. They said all heads made 2013 and after have the hole for the hang kit.

DM

mudpaw
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mudpaw »

I first thought maybe you were inquiring about a sex swing and I was all excited.
Then I realized what was really going on here.
Cool set up tho.

cucky

Post by cucky »

mudpaw wrote:I first thought maybe you were inquiring about a sex swing and I was all excited.
Cool set up tho.
lol :haha4:

Today I was in the boat shop and I have bought some parts .
Its just a 20 kilo Body , do that on your own risk .
Attachments
60.jpg
60.jpg (201.67 KiB) Viewed 2591 times

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

mudpaw wrote:I first thought maybe you were inquiring about a sex swing and I was all excited.
Cool set up tho.

That actually would be a load of fun. However, considering that I myself am 6'5", and nearly 300lbs, I don't think I could reinforce the closet rods for something like that without ordering titanium girders. :)

The main idea here is:
--
1.) I wasn't using this closet for anything at all, and it's been mostly empty since we moved into this new house.
2.) I want a way to easily access May and get her set up when I need her "services". ;)

I'm going to see what I can do to soften the appearance of the 2x4's. I don't want the room to start looking all "Silence Of The Lambs"-ish.[0]

[0] Or do I?... *** deadpringle tucks it in and does a girly little dance in front of the mirror.

cucky

Post by cucky »

deadpringle wrote:So, this is my final solution. It's far from elegant or sophisticated, but it gets the job done.

All I did was use a couple of 2x4's to augment the weight of the doll against the sides of the aluminum rod's mounting screws, and inside the rod, I trimmed and inserted a 3/4" wooden dowel to give it extra support against bending. The dowel fits the rod nice and tightly, with zero space around its circumference.

I'll be reinforcing the other closet rods so that I can similarly hang about two or three more dolls in here.
--
Doll Room Shot.png
Your construction is more stable than my , i only store it like that . I will not use it to dress the doll , its just to hide it .

Peter

mudpaw
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mudpaw »

Well you got a couple of options for concealing the studs. hehe.
The easiest approach would be cutting a piece of fabric or a bed sheet to fit and wrapping it around the studs, and then stapling it. Martha Stewart style!
You could also paint it but then you have to wait until it dries and there is also the smell of fresh paint.
The other option would be gluing or stappling strips of colored paper (poster type and not the printing type), which come in different textures too. Or use wrapping paper, there are super long lengths and you can get shiny ones too.
You can also buy synthetic leather and staple that to the studs too.
Once you got the studs wrapped you can add colored lighting to the top shelf or sides like fred01 does in his house.
http://www.leefilters.com/architecture/arch-fl.html

Of course this is all relative to the surrounding ambiance of your sex casting room... I mean office.

INFORMATIONS