exdollofficial.com

Hi from a Newbie - UK customs question

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Miss_SandyPenny
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi from a Newbie - UK customs question

Post by Miss_SandyPenny »

Hi everybody :)

I just ordered my first solid doll - exciting times :multi:

After plenty of research it turns out the lady for me is Sandy, and she has a beautiful pink 160 body.
The special offer of a free second head was a great bonus so I ordered a Penny head for when Sandy is grumpy with me!
Luckily I have plenty of work to do to distract me while they are being prepared for their journey.

I have ordered straight from DSDoll in China.
Does anyone have any experience of UK customs/import tax?
Cost?
Delay time?
Any tricks or tips for labelling at their end? (PM if preferred)

Everything I've found by searching seems to contradict everything else so I thought at least if I ask here there is likely to be people who have direct and recent experience of this. (I hope)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

cucky

Re: Hi from a Newbie - UK customs question

Post by cucky »

Hi Miss_SandyPenny

Welcome to TDF .
I think that was a good decision :thumbs_up: . I'm looking forward the great pictures of her :) .

I was waiting 45 days , but by a reseller . I guess 30 days for you .
You will get pictures of the doll , if she is ready for shipping .

Sorry , I know nothing about the customs tax in the UK , i´m from germany .

Peter

dustknight

Post by dustknight »

Hi Miss SandyPenny,

Here is a link that someone gives an estimate to that (scroll down to the bottom where you'll see United Kingdom) : http://www.dutycalculator.com/dc/461087 ... ny-is-4.7/

I am not entirely sure how accurate that is, so take it with a grain of salt. I live in the US and like many people, I am awaiting on my first order as well. :D

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Firstly WELCOME!

In choosing a DS in my opinion and experience you've bought yourself a totally wonderful lady and you've probably noticed that I'm a fan of Sandy too. With yours with movable eyes it will be a pleasure to see your photos of what she can do, as mine with fixed eyes brings a stylised limitation to my photos. Perhaps one day I'm going to have to buy a Sandy with movable eyes too . . .

It can be helpful for the consignment to be labelled as "Art/Sculpture" as the VAT rate for this is 5% rather than 20%

Whilst posable mannequins can be quite fun :whistle: their principle attraction is sculptural, for modelling and photography, and they are an art form rather than a mere toy. When Sandy arrives, you'll be blown away by her art, the attention to detail and sheer sculptural realism. DS take poseable mannequins into realms of art beyond anything that can be merely used as an expendable toy. Were one to have to put the issue to the test, in my view expendability or disposability is characteristic of a toy but something which is made to the exactitude and care with which a DS sculpture is made without doubt brings her into the realm of art/sculpture.

The Tariff code is 9703 00 00

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 02-imports
original sculptures and statuary, in any material, provided that they are executed entirely by the artist, sculpture casts (Tariff code 9703 00 00). See Notice 718 The VAT Margin Scheme and global accounting, for the definition of sculpture casts
Works of art
1. ‘Work of art’ means, subject to subsections 2 and 3 below
. . . .

(c) any original sculpture or statuary, in any material

(d) any sculpture cast which:

(i) was produced by or under the supervision of the individual who made the mould or became entitled to it by succession on the death of that individual, and

(ii) either is the only cast produced from the mould or is comprised in a limited edition
DS posable mannequins would certainly fit in the category of (d)(i) being
was produced by or under the supervision of the individual who made the mould
and all of them are hand painted with the greatest of skill and expertise.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Miss_SandyPenny
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Miss_SandyPenny »

Thanks for the welcome and replies. :)

Haremlover - that code has opened a few Google-doors - massive thanks for that :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
(And yes I may have possibly glanced at a certain lady of yours once or twice in passing perhaps, and it is possible that she may well have influenced my decision somewhat :oops: )

The only possible argument against the classification that I could find is this clause…
https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff/chapters/97
"3. Heading 9703 does not apply to mass-produced reproductions or works of conventional craftsmanship of a commercial character, even if these articles are designed or created by artists."

But one could hardly call these dolls mass-produced, they are individually crafted to spec!

Thanks guys - I will of course make a formal introduction when she has recovered from her trip.

It's nice here :)

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Miss_SandyPenny wrote:(And yes I may have possibly glanced at a certain lady of yours once or twice in passing perhaps, and it is possible that she may well have influenced my decision somewhat :oops: )
My ladies thank you especially for this compliment and one day even look forward to meeting their sister. They are very delighted to have been of inspiration.

I think one can argue that these sculptures are hardly made for a mass market . . . yet!

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

INFORMATIONS