www.exdollus.com

DS 168 sSandy Tong Penny (oral) Heads

Reviews on DS Doll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
jiayi
Management
Management

DS 168 sSandy Tong Penny (oral) Heads

Post by jiayi »

This thread is locked. The original thread posted here:http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ew+sisters

Sasha’s New Sisters
by Jiayi

Finally, I’m getting around to writing this review. A little background first. After much research and soul searching on TDF, I purchased my first doll in December of 2014. I am the third owner of Sasha, a standard 168 DS Doll Sweet with Jiayi and sKayla (Sasha) heads. Sasha has taught me a lot about doll ownership and how to photograph her (see the TDF photo challenge thread). Credit for my purchase of a DS Doll Sweet Jiayi standard 168 goes to spedfish and his wonderful photos of his own 168, and Harem, for taking me under his wing and guiding a noob through the doll buying process. Thank you both!
While I did buy Sasha without first telling my wife, things worked themselves out over time and my wife became comfortable about my owning a doll. For that, I am forever grateful.
Recently my wife was looking for a birthday present for me (it’s one of those decade one’s) and I boldly suggested a new DS standard 168. She agreed! I picked the standard 168, because I really like it. I REALLY like it. My wife picked out the heads. Three of them!
So, as the owner of an older model and an identical new, soft formula lady, I feel that I am in a unique position to give some insight into both.

The Details
DS Doll Sweet
Ordered 03/18/15
168 standard, tight joints, nails
Heads:
sSandy (aka Samantha)
Penny Oral (aka Doris)
Tong (aka Alex)
Final Payment 04/20/15
Arrived on the East Coast of the USA 04/24/15

While the delivery time seems unreal, the International Date Line makes it look like it was delivered in 4 days, when it was actually 5. Still pretty darn awesome!

The first thing I noticed was that there were fewer spots on her arms where positioning rods are used to hold the skeleton while in the mold. New doll on the left and Sasha on the right.
arm.jpg
arm.jpg (61.11 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
arm2.jpg
arm2.jpg (52.61 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
Then there was the softness. I tried to do a video, but it just didn’t show how soft she really is. So, after discussing the need to demonstrate the difference with the girls, they relented to having a full half-gallon orange juice container placed on their breasts. To put it into words, while lying on top of Sasha, her breasts would poke into my chest, whereas lying on top of the new doll presses her breasts down like a RG. Wow! New doll on the left and Sasha on the right.
breast.jpg
breast.jpg (34.6 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
Her whole body is soft, like a RG. Inside her thighs, her shoulders, her chest. It’s amazing! When I pick up Sasha and move her around, she feels a bit like a mannequin. But the new doll, not at all.

Now the softness comes with its own learning curve. Rotating her wrists was the first lesson. Whereas Sasha’s wrists can be rotated while in-line with her arm, that does NOT work with the new doll. You can easily damage her hand. You must first bend the wrist fully up or down, then rotate it, and finally return it to a flat position. See my sticky post concerning wrist movement in the DS Doll Sweet section of TDF.
While I always put shoes on Sasha while standing her on her feet, I feel that the regular loafer type, or espadrilles would not give sufficient support to the new dolls soft silicon at the heel. Hence, I use high-topped sneakers on the new doll and avoid the worry of accidental damage. ie. Having the silicone of her heel stick to the floor while I try to move her.

NOTICE: Explicit dialog follows.

Now on to inserts. I understand that everyone has his own idea on what feels “good”. So what follows is what works for me. Please don’t rag on my ass about it. BTW I have tried a fleshlight in the past and I do not care for the lack of tactile return.
With Sasha, I would enter fully erect and push out the air in the insert. This created a suction, which I enjoyed. I used to do a similar thing with my old Real Doll flat backed torso (no removable insert) by pressing down on her stomach before entering. Worked great.
With the new doll, the soft silicone of the body and the soft insert do not let the air escape. The insert sort of blows up a bit like a balloon, with the build-up of air trying to push me back out. Even if I put an opening in the end of the insert, the insert canal fits so tight around the insert, I doubt air would escape there either. Besides, adding a hole defeats the purpose of the insert. PLEASE read on before you start jumping up and down with ideas.
I have tried the soft insert in Sasha with similar results. It’s a bit better because the harder silicone of Sasha somewhat prevents the insert from blowing up. Consequently, you get some awkward air sounds while going in and out.
What works UNBELIEVABLY FANTASTIC is the old insert in the new doll. I get the suction I’m looking for and the feel of soft silicone everywhere else. The inside of the thighs, the soft shoulders, the soft breasts and lets not forget the fingernails gently biting into my skin. Holy Smokes! My heart is racing and I’m just sitting at a computer writing this!
nails.jpg
nails.jpg (77.11 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
I hope DS Doll takes notice and offers an old and new version of the inserts. With such a small item, it shouldn’t be a problem to keep the old style in production.
Rear entry presents a nicely shaped, soft rear end. With her feet on the floor, her back arched and stomach supported by the bed, it’s safe and feels GREAT! I have one of those stupid high mattresses BTW. Not sure about doggy style, other than making sure weight is NOT on her wrists.
And missionary with the new doll, (which was always a challenge with Sasha), is like it should be. Easy and REALLY fun.
And the Penny head with oral is, is, what can I say? Awesome. I was skeptical at first, but skeptical no more. The opening is 5" deep and she is a welcome addition to the family.
Can you tell that I have spent most of this afternoon in the lab doing “tests” for this review?

NOTICE: Explicit dialog ends.

General Thoughts:
Excellent customer service. Emails answered within a day.
New doll is about three pounds lighter than Sasha.
The wigs supplied by DS are a bit glossy for my tastes.
The new soft silicone is not as shiny as the old formula, though.
The smell is only noticeable to me when I’m down close kissing her. I expect it to go away after a while. YOU may be more sensitive than I to the smell.
You should always use the insert plug provided, when the doll is in storage, as most storage positions are not the spread eagle, outstretched arms of the casting mold (which is the recommended storage position by DS). When the legs a drawn together without the plug, the silicone tends to fold at the top and bottom, stressing the material. This is possibly where the tearing damage starts in the insert canal, not so much from over stretching.
The new silicone can be repaired with Permatex flowable windshield sealer.
I was changing around some eyes and managed to make a 3mm tear in the lateral canthus, or outside corner of the eye. The new silicone is not as sticky as the old, so I had to use a lot more surface area of cling film to hold things in place while the sealer cured (24hrs).
The new eyes have different hardware then the old. Where harems use of two spoons to remove an eye whose holder is spherical shaped and key is rectangular, the new eye hardware is cylinder shaped, with a square alignment key. The best way to remove the new eye is to use two 4 inch mosquito hemostats.($4 each at Amazon). Place one on the upper part of the eye holder by pushing the eyeball slightly in. And place the other hemostat on the lower part of the eye holder. Spread the eyelids gently and pull on the hemostats straight out. Some water based lube would also be a good idea, as the new silicone forms itself quite well to the eye holder. I did put the old eye design in the new doll head, but you cannot do the reverse, due the rectangular/square key design. The new eyes do not move as freely as the old, due to the greater friction of the new silicone and the new holder design not being as smooth in operation. I compared the two designs while I had the eyes out. Seems the edges of the new holder should have been de-burred better on the parts that come in contact with the eye itself.
I store my heads on pins fastened through shelves. More secure than setting them on raised pads (ask me how I know).
HeadMount.jpg
HeadMount.jpg (50.84 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
Why the small heads? Ideal body proportions have the width of the head ½ the width of the shoulders. See my post concerning head sizes in the DS Doll Sweet section of TDF. I like the look of the smaller heads, although Tong (Alex), may be a bit too small.
Sasha has nothing to worry about, when it comes to her photography modeling. She will be the one, out and about, strutting her stuff for her admirers. The new dolls will be in a bit less risky environs, mostly staying indoors and having a different kind of fun! Although if they see how much fun Sasha is having, I’m sure they will start hounding me about getting into the action as well.
closet.jpg
closet.jpg (51.72 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
And the lady’s seem to be getting on well in their confined closet space. I built it for one, but now there are two. :)
Regards,Jiayi

PRESENTING....
ALEX
alex.jpg
alex.jpg (35.74 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
DORIS
doris.jpg
doris.jpg (43.8 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
SAMANTHA
samantha.jpg
samantha.jpg (50.59 KiB) Viewed 9139 times

dustknight

Re: Sasha's New Sisters! 2015 DS Doll Sweet 168 REVIEW

Post by dustknight »

Hey Jiayi, great review, thanks!

I am a first time owner, and didn't know the difference between this and the previous models. After reading this, I feel really lucky to have bought a DS Doll with the new soft silicone.

Hostage
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hostage »

Great review Jiayi!
The 168 is a strong contender for my next doll..

And appreciate the helpful notices hahah ;)

That Samantha face is hypnotic...
"Slide and let the silicone embrace you as you fall.." ~ Phish, Sand

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14636

Dees Man
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: DownUnder with Sweet Dee & Nikki and also MaDee, Ally, Ashley, Fubi and Kelly

Post by Dees Man »

Thanks for this review Jiayi

I have been itching to get Nikki her own body so she doesn't have to share with Ally.

Your comparison of the 2 types of DS silicone is very helpful and makes me want to do it sooner than later.

DM

Pronicator

Post by Pronicator »

Thanks for the review. I wonder if DS still has any firmer inserts they can sell.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Oh WOW! That's a review and a half and you've done us a good service indeed.

It will be interesting to see how the new soft silicone can hold up to photographic use but your description of her bedroom capability makes me looking forward to the 158+. How I will manage to tame her to the photography of her sisters I'm not sure but it looks as though disposing of my TPE doll will be no loss.

Finally your choice of small heads is genius. The 168 is a rather small torso with long legs and the narrower heads such as Penny and Jiayi have been great with the 168 whereas I have felt Kayla and Sandy heads to be too large. Your small heads, which on the 145 worry me about looking childlike on your 168 and with the hairstyle you've got look very sophisticated ladies.

It's only having a variety of heads to experiment with with each type of body that one can make choices such as this, and DS standard offer of multiple heads really enables one to be a bit adventurous in ordering and in this you've come up trumps.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Rick_Deckard
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Rick_Deckard »

haremlover wrote:Your small heads, which on the 145 worry me about looking childlike on your 168 and with the hairstyle you've got look very sophisticated ladies.
You're right, Tong head on the 168 looks very nice.
In the Chinese forum I have also seen pics of Ying head on the 168 wich looked quite nice.
I would be curious to see how the Ruby head looks like on a 168 body...
Do androids dream of electric sheep ?

mexdl
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mexdl »

Jiayi, I enjoyed a lot your review, its valuable in various aspects. thanks.

Wow!, what a great gift your wife gave to you!, congratulations!

pd, Thong in this big body looks incredible, 8) 8) so cool to experiment with new setups.

regards.

mexdl

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

Great review thread jiayi!! Lots of very useful info, not only for new doll owners but for us that already own older model DS dolls! I can see an updated DS model added to my household sometime oin the not so distant future. Nina wants a sister!! WNWNG!! (What Nina wants Nina gets!)
Cheers,
Von
Von's Doll Album - Very outdated and in need of updating.
Nina's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Lila's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Heather's Thread - 4Woods Allure
Sativa's Thread - Virgin Rose Kelu
Naomi's Thread - 1AM WM125

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Are you a member of the Chinese DS forum? These portraits should go on there without doubt.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Great review thread jiayi!!
Very interesting comparison between the old and new body properties/silicone, well done :thumbs_up:
And: nice to read that your wife's involved into your hobby, what a wonderful engagement she makes!!
Thanks for sharing all this jiayi

Guy

Elle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Elle »

that's a great review, i added to the Doll Matrix for that body :thumbs_up:
Welcome to Samantha, Alex & Doris :D
If you give me a link to the Jiayi's head (sister of Sasha), i could add her also :wink:

Elle,
__________________ ALL DOLLS ARE WELCOME... SUBMIT YOUR DOLL TO THE MATRIX __________________ My Website
ImageImage

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

A truly useful review and an interesting solution to the insert issue. I have had the same experience with inserts and find the ballooning a distraction. Time will tell but the softer silicone seems like the best option.

zakjed1
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by zakjed1 »

Rick said
"I would be curious to see how the Ruby head looks like on a 168 body..."
I have ordered a Ruby head for my newly ordered 168. My thoughts were that the 168 is a very slight body and a smaller head would be in keeping with it's proportions.
Once I get my doll and get Ruby dressed appropriately I will be sure to post some pictures

Rocket88

Post by Rocket88 »

Hi Jiayi,

Thanks for all the great info.
Congrats, all three gals are gorgeous !

Rocket88
It's Only Rock And Roll, But I like It.........

Take a moment to visit:
Kylie's Drum Playing Thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=61490
Kylie's Guitar Fondling Thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=61269

INFORMATIONS