exdollofficial.com

Stiff or loose joints on a DS Doll?

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Jason1978

Stiff or loose joints on a DS Doll?

Post by Jason1978 »

Hello, I will be getting a doll soon, and I am probably going to get a DS Doll as I find them to have very attractive faces and bodies, well I like all the silicone dolls, they all are beautiful, but the DS Doll seems to be the one that I have narrowed my choice down to, but I won't know for certain for another week or 2, but I the DS Doll is the one I am pretty sure i want, the Real DOll was my original choice because that's the first one I had been told about, and originally it's the only one I knew of, but this forum has introduced me to many other makers, and people have really helped me get into contact with other makers, and there are several quality makers. But my question let me get to it as I am rambling, is are DS Sweet Dolls, the preferred joint style to get is it the loose joints or stiff joints? I ask because I saw on DS Sweet's US website they recommend loose joints, but then I've seen a lot of people on here recommend stiff joints all the way. This will be my first doll, and I plan to have it a very long time, so I wanted to ask forum members advice?
Thank you

Jason

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: Stiff or loose joints on a DS Doll?

Post by AlexKnight »

It depends mostly on what you want to do with your doll.

A stiff jointed skeleton is much better for photography than a loose jointed skeleton, but loose joints are much better when you're having sex with her as she moves around easier and more natural.

I'm not saying the one excludes the other, but you have to decide what your primary reason is.

If she's more for sex and companionship, I'd go with the loose joints, but if you want to focus on taking pictures of her, and/or having her sit up straight on a couch or chair instead of lounging on it, tight joints are the way to go.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Jason1978

Post by Jason1978 »

oh I think I need loose joints, as she is for sex and companionship. And plus that is what DS Sweet Doll recommends on their site.

Dees Man
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: DownUnder with Sweet Dee & Nikki and also MaDee, Ally, Ashley, Fubi and Kelly

Post by Dees Man »

Jason1978 wrote:oh I think I need loose joints, as she is for sex and companionship. And plus that is what DS Sweet Doll recommends on their site.
Hi Jason

I think DS is a top choice for a first doll or an additional doll........everyone should have one.

Stiff joints is an absolute must for photography, but from my personal experience, for sex too. Please take the time to click this link and scroll down the the last post. It continues on the next page and describes a couple of position my DS is very capable of but my TPE and Japanese silicone dolls cannot do due to the knee and hip joints unable to hold position. One of my last posts on the next page is actually titled "Why I prefer stiff joints to loose". It is well worth considering before spending all that money then regretting it later.

I don't know what sex is like with a loose joint doll as all my dolls have firm joints, but they are all very realistic in missionary and doggy. An RG in missionary may be like a loose joint doll if disinterested but when into it will have her legs very much in place at the sides or wrapped around you with her feet on your back or butt. This can also be achieved with the stiff joints.

Please consider this first, if you decide on loose joints then that's what you want.

DM

Jason1978

Post by Jason1978 »

Dees Man this is interesting what you posted. I am not sure what a real woman is like when having sex lol, But it's interesting to hear from people who have had real sex before and hear how the dolls can feel realistic. I think I would only have sex in 2 positions, doggystyle and missionary. but for doggystyle I will put pillows under her on the bed. I would not try anything unusual with the doll like sitting it on me for sex or anything like that. I do like to look at their butts so I will like doggystyle :)

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Dees Man wrote:
Jason1978 wrote:oh I think I need loose joints, as she is for sex and companionship. And plus that is what DS Sweet Doll recommends on their site.
Hi Jason

I think DS is a top choice for a first doll or an additional doll........everyone should have one.

Stiff joints is an absolute must for photography, but from my personal experience, for sex too. Please take the time to click this link and scroll down the the last post. It continues on the next page and describes a couple of position my DS is very capable of but my TPE and Japanese silicone dolls cannot do due to the knee and hip joints unable to hold position. One of my last posts on the next page is actually titled "Why I prefer stiff joints to loose". It is well worth considering before spending all that money then regretting it later.

I don't know what sex is like with a loose joint doll as all my dolls have firm joints, but they are all very realistic in missionary and doggy. An RG in missionary may be like a loose joint doll if disinterested but when into it will have her legs very much in place at the sides or wrapped around you with her feet on your back or butt. This can also be achieved with the stiff joints.

Please consider this first, if you decide on loose joints then that's what you want.

DM
Agreed, even for cuddling I really enjoy the stiff joints, She can really put her weight on me with her arm/legs, Or even support some of it on her joints when she is ontop. Also a doll that has warmed up to body temperature is really hard to 'feel' while cuddling (after 10 minutes of not moving at all) if no weight is applied to you.

I can see loose joints being nice for positions where say, you are holding her leg and hitting her so hard her leg has to flex in response. It can also be slightly more annoying to pose the legs of a stiff jointed doll (While you are cuddling) as you can't really do so easily with just your own legs, you pretty much have to reach down and use your hands.

that said, I have had sex with a disinterested, loose jointed real girl who just sat there and didn't move much. Not much fun. Missionary is boring as hell for me now. I love it when my doll wraps her legs or arms around me and locks me in, or has her arms positioned just right that her fingernails will occasionally scratch me a little (Can't scratch hard enough to leave marks or anything, but the feeling of it just happening at random is soo nice)

One of the ways you could look at it is, You can do anything with a stiff jointed doll. You might not be able to do everything with a loose jointed doll.

And I didn't think I would be big into photography but it really is a lot of fun! Being able to tweak everything for that perfect shot, little adjustments to the cloths, hair, body pose, fingers, lighting, etc.

Having her sit up is amazing too. Really brings her alive
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

AlexKnight wrote:If she's more for sex and companionship, I'd go with the loose joints, but if you want to focus on taking pictures of her, and/or having her sit up straight on a couch or chair instead of lounging on it, tight joints are the way to go.
I see sex and companionship as separate things, though not exclusive of one another. The simplest way to put it this: if your doll is going to be either (a) in your bed or (b) in storage and thats pretty much the extent of it, loose joints are for you. If she is going to do anything else, then tight joints is the way to go. Opinions may vary, but the more you want to do with your doll the tighter her joints should be.

Best wishes and good luck. :glou:
DarkOne wrote:(Below pictures are not a DS doll)
Dark - I realize you are pretty new to TDF, but its poor etiquette to post photos of a competitor's brand in another's subforum, in this case Doll Sweet. People go so far as "not to mention" other brands at all in another's subforum, which may be a stretch to my taste, but the photos are bad form. Post away with advice, but be mindful of posting photos in the correct subforums.

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

Jason1978 wrote:Hello, I will be getting a doll soon, and I am probably going to get a DS Doll
Hi Jason1978. Excellent choice! Prepare to be wrapped around her little silicone finger. :)
pantyfanatic wrote:But my question let me get to it as I am rambling, is are DS Sweet Dolls, the preferred joint style to get is it the loose joints or stiff joints? I ask because I saw on DS Sweet's US website they recommend loose joints, but then I've seen a lot of people on here recommend stiff joints all the way. This will be my first doll, and I plan to have it a very long time, so I wanted to ask forum members advice?
I've heard from others that loose joints are best for sex. My doll came with tight joints, and what I found is that she can hold a hot pose for me for as long as I want/need her to. The joints will loosen with time, however. I think some people prefer loose joints because they like to move them around a lot during sex. I honestly suspect there is little difference in the sexual experience between one or the other.
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

LaDollyVita wrote:
DarkOne wrote:(Below pictures are not a DS doll)
Dark - I realize you are pretty new to TDF, but its poor etiquette to post photos of a competitor's brand in another's subforum, in this case Doll Sweet. People go so far as "not to mention" other brands at all in another's subforum, which may be a stretch to my taste, but the photos are bad form. Post away with advice, but be mindful of posting photos in the correct subforums.
Ah k, Sorry, Removed pictures. Didn't really think it would be a problem as I doubt anyone would ever pick my doll over a DS lol.

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

Buy stiff joints...months later they become loose and I wish they were still stiff.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Tybalt wrote:Buy stiff joints...months later they become loose and I wish they were still stiff.
On a DS? I had heard DS was supposed to be rather good about joint retaining stiffness.

Pronicator

Post by Pronicator »

Has anyone actually compared stiff and loose DS dolls for sex in person? I understand there may be some differences with earlier dolls too.

Rocket88

Post by Rocket88 »

Hello Jason 1978,

My vote is for stiff joints. Granted, I've only had my doll for about one month and I've never experienced loose joints, but I have found that for "relations" it's nice to have her maintain her pose.

Rocket88
It's Only Rock And Roll, But I like It.........

Take a moment to visit:
Kylie's Drum Playing Thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=61490
Kylie's Guitar Fondling Thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=61269

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Rocket88 wrote:but I have found that for "relations" it's nice to have her maintain her pose.
I couldn't help but think about the scene in the Nutty Professor when I read this :P
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

DarkOne wrote:
Tybalt wrote:Buy stiff joints...months later they become loose and I wish they were still stiff.
On a DS? I had heard DS was supposed to be rather good about joint retaining stiffness.
DS joints will come loose with frequent use as well. It's normal for dolls to experience this. But it makes the experience of being with them no less so.
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

INFORMATIONS