exdollofficial.com

Stainless steel?

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Stainless steel?

Post by DarkOne »

Hi. a few people have mentioned that DS uses Stainless steel in the construction of their skeleton.

I am wondering, Is this true? Are DS skeletons designed with preventing corrosion if water got in? Are the fasteners also corrosion resistant materials like stainless steel?

I really don't expect DS to go through the trouble of making an all stainless steel skeleton, but some people saying they use stainless steel has got me wondering if they do, or if I should correct those people?

It would suck if someone thought it was stainless steel, took their DS into the bath and water go in through a tear and rusted the skeleton.

On the other hand, if it IS all stainless steel... Oh boy, I might have to buy a DS *and* a hot tub!
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Stainless steel?

Post by haremlover »

Baths and dolls are asking for trouble.

The fatal issue with water inside a DS is not the skeleton but the PU foam inside, which would be effectively impossible to dry out. An unnoticed tear inside the vaginal cavity could easily be fatal if subjected to a bath.

Silicone has different properties to TPE being more resistant to damage in some ways but less in others, but at least it can be repaired easily. Most importantly it does not suffer abrasion damage to which TPE is prone.

I have a spare arm section for my old158 model and part of it is quite magnetic, although the magnetic properties of stainless do vary. The materials are clearly chosen for structural integrity and longevity rather than with corrosion in mind.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Ah ok, forgot about the foam.

Also would like to say that silicone definitely can suffer abrasion damage. my (not a DS) small silicone doll did, Some silicone may be much less prone then others, and the damage was likely caused by a LOT of rubbing against the sheets during sex, and is not that noticeable except the skin feels a little rougher there, but it definitely can suffer from it. I am a lot more careful to never let my dolls limbs rub against anything during sex now.

Thndrrbolt
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thndrrbolt »

In the video tour of the DS factory, they state that stainless steel is in fact the material used for the skeleton, and the shiny metal shown there DOES look like stainless.
However, in some other place (maybe their website?) they say that they use galvanized steel.
BIG difference between the two!
Perhaps DS will jump in here and correct any misconceptions.
T'Bolt

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Yeah, everyone assumes shiny means stainless when it could just be plated after the welding up.

And stainless = stain resistant, NOT rust proof.
I read a article in a knife magazine which showed a SS knife blade was less prone to rusting over carbon steel when exposed to the elements for a short period of time, but when buried in the ground or kept damp it actually started rusting. Basically in a low oxygen environment.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Doll Sweet - EXdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Doll Sweet - EXdoll »

The DS doll bones are made by stainless steel, and few joints parts are made by galvanized metal and nylon.
here the web page has structure pictures for reference.
http://www.dsdoll.us/about.html?page=products

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

rubherkitty wrote:Yeah, everyone assumes shiny means stainless when it could just be plated after the welding up.

I read a article in a knife magazine which showed a SS knife blade was less prone to rusting over carbon steel when exposed to the elements for a short period of time, but when buried in the ground or kept damp it actually started rusting. Basically in a low oxygen environment.
There are five basic types of SS, which include over 150 alloys. Hence, some having magnetic qualities and some not, etc. So which alloy was the knife? One of the fastest ways to corrode SS is to put two different SS alloys in contact with one another in a marine environment.
That DS uses SS at all is fantastic. How many other doll makers use SS?
Jiayi

Thndrrbolt
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thndrrbolt »

Bravo!
Again DS sets the standard for transparency and responsiveness!
If only the other Chinese manufacturers were the same! :-(
T'Bolt

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

jiayi wrote:
rubherkitty wrote:Yeah, everyone assumes shiny means stainless when it could just be plated after the welding up.

There are five basic types of SS, which include over 150 alloys. Hence, some having magnetic qualities and some not, etc. So which alloy was the knife? One of the fastest ways to corrode SS is to put two different SS alloys in contact with one another in a marine environment.
That DS uses SS at all is fantastic. How many other doll makers use SS?
Jiayi
Which alloy?
Hmmm, I read the article in Knife World magazine at 7:13 PM CST on 10-16-86, but don't recall the alloy.
It was a cool night so I stayed in and had mushroom soup and 2 grilled cheese sandwiches. :wink:

I do applaud DS for using stainless though. It is still better than plain steel.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

rubherkitty wrote: Which alloy?
Hmmm, I read the article in Knife World magazine at 7:13 PM CST on 10-16-86, but don't recall the alloy.
It was a cool night so I stayed in and had mushroom soup and 2 grilled cheese sandwiches. :wink:
:D :D :D

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Wow very cool. Its good to know DS is taking such things as water into account and going that extra mile.

lovingchanj
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lovingchanj »

Haremlover is right. The beauty of the DS doll's light weight is the foam. But If they don't get the silicone pour thick enough around the "fun" area a breakthrough may likely occur (during cleaning most likely). Once that happens she's toast. A wall hanging. Don't put your weenie in there!

So, the foam giveth and the foam taketh away!

lovingchanj
The more I understand, the less I know.

INFORMATIONS