exdollofficial.com

finger pokes questions

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Jason1978

finger pokes questions

Post by Jason1978 »

I had a question about finger skeletons on DS dolls. Not about the skeletons actually, because I saw another post about what the hands look like with and without the skeletons in a video, so I really think I want the skeleton in the hand, it makes the hands look much more natural, but I had a question about how fragile this makes the hands and how likely finger pokes are, I see on other doll makers forums on this forum, I won't mention the doll makers, because I think that is against the forum rules from what I have seen of forum etiquette to mention other doll makers in a DS Sweet doll forum, but I see another doll maker specifically having major issues with finger pokes due to a hand skeleton, and I wondered if this was also the case with DS Sweet dolls, and if it's universal with all dolls? Or if DS has less of an issue? Oh and I've learned so much I didn't know since last Tuesday when I joined lol, I had no idea what finger pokes or anything where till then lol.
Thanks for any replies,

Jason

lovingchanj
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: finger pokes questions

Post by lovingchanj »

Hi Jason1978. Welcome to tdf.

The thinner the silicone (or tpe) the more likely you will see finger pokes. So if a doll has flimsy fingers you're gonna get pokes. But most doll owners from the $7000 RD level all the way to the $1200 WM tpe doll level - everyone seems to experience finger pokes - with one exception - DS Dolls. You CAN get finger pokes on DS dolls, but they use a thicker pour of silicone in the hands that makes the fingers sturdy and thick. So the doll is less likely to suffer poke throughs.

This topic has been done to death around here. We have had many good member suggestions for manufacturers to incorporate into their dolls: Finger wire caps, carbon fiber sheathing, articulated skeleton fingers instead of wire - these are all ideas that have been suggested/requested. Are manufacturers listening?

The latest general consensus seems to be: articulated finger skeletons that don't protrude would be best.

lovingchanj
The more I understand, the less I know.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I heard ds dolls and a couple of other high end as ian brands are biult like mac trucks. Lol
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Jason1978

Post by Jason1978 »

thanks guys for the responses, the DS is what I have decided on, so I am glad to hear they have less of a problem than other doll manufacturers.

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

I would also like to mention that unlike some other manufacturers, whom start with wires at the wrist joint and extend them out to the finger tips, DS finger wires are attached to palm plates. This means that when the wrist and hand are manipulated on a DS, the fingers wires are not moving. For the manufacturers who have wires extending from the wrist, any manipulation of the wrist and palm affect the the finger wires, as they extend all the way to the fingertips. So imagine twisting a wrist that has wires all the way to the finger tips. As the wires wrap around each other in the wrist area, they are changing length all the way out at the finger tips.
BTW I own older (third hand) and new DS doll and they have no finger pokes.
Jiayi

BobbyMcgee
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by BobbyMcgee »

Having seen pictures of some messy looking repairs, where would one look to learn to repair pokes (or other tears etc) with minimal "scarring"?

INFORMATIONS