exdollofficial.com

Opinions on skin tones

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Pixie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Opinions on skin tones

Post by Pixie »

I've been looking at the galleries on the DS Doll US website and the skin tones have been confusing me. Sometime the Yellow looks like flesh/pink colour and and sometime the Pink looks almost white. I know that it can be either the lighting, post processing colour correction or my monitor, so I thought I'd ask for any owner's opinions of the skin types and how they react under articial light.

I would be interested in an asian styled doll, though even picking a head is a challenge (currently looking at Kayla, Jiaxin, Jiayi, Snowy and Youyi). She would be exclusively an indoor doll and most likely under artficial low energy lightbulbs that give off a "warm" light rather than direct/indirect sunlight. The surroudings & furnishing mostly fall between "putty" and brown (neutral paint colours).

This is mostly really for how the doll looks in RL rather than how she photographs. And while not knowing much about any skin tone variations of the Asian continent I would prefer it to look more like a Japanese tone (and I realise that this still has a wide variation) if possible as this is really the only culture I am familiar with from that area of the world.

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Opinions on skin tones

Post by karpos »

I know personally the only skin tone on DSs that I really like is the darkest one, I think they call it brown. It really adds a realistic skin tone that looks like a South Asian skin tone like a Thai girl or Filipino.
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

Bazinga
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bazinga »

Welcome Pixie,
As I was considering a DS too I was thinking the same thing, what color suits me best. I wonder if maybe can mix two of the colors together to get the right tint a customer was looking for. Actually, I wouldnt mind a light pink/ brown mix skin tone if they'd do it. If this sounds right for you a quick msg to DS and they may be able to accommodate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
-Archimedes

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

Hi Pixie,
I thought you might like to see the exact same doll under varying light types and conditions. This is "Sasha" my DS 168 standard, light pink, with a sKayla head. As you can see by the variety of skin tones on the same exact doll, the only way to really compare skin color choices is to see all the colors at the same time, in person. Perhaps DS could send you samples.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

This was the idea behind http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=55627

Some Japanese can be quite pale in skin tone.

I would think you can rely on the Asian skin tone to be accurate as in China they should know about it.

I'm guessing that
is lPink but she's inescapably Asian. Pale equates with beauty . . .

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=64254 is the best example of the Asian skin tone among Chinese people.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

It is hard to make any comment that will really come across as there are way too many variables involved, but Jiayi's post is pretty good I think.
From my impression so far - and just commenting on the light pink and yellow - it seems that the yellow looks better if outside in daylight and worse inside with artificial light and the light pink exactly the other way round.
As for the brown tone - I find it immensely hard to describe - but it sure looks very interesting in reality.
DS Doll Europe has a heap of reference pictures in the vendors section here that may be of help.

Kind regards.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

dogfather

Post by dogfather »

Pixie wrote:This is mostly really for how the doll looks in RL rather than how she photographs.
Skin tone could appears drastically different in real life compared to the dolls showing in professonally taken photos
In this case having seen the DS colour samples in real life, I can confirm that the colour samples shown in haremlover's photo are very accurate.
The appearance of their colours are identical to the ones I have, even when seeing them in real life under indoor's lighting
haremlover wrote: Image
In regards to the Asian skin tone, personally I find DS' yellow is a little too much 'yellowy' comparing to an Asian RG
a typical Asian girl's skin tone (who've spent a healthy length of time in her life being outdoor) usually appears a little more 'dull' in colour tone and a tiny bit more 'brownish' than 'yellowy' in comparison

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

dogfather wrote:I can confirm that the colour samples shown in haremlover's photo are very accurate.
The appearance of their colours are identical to the ones I have, even when seeing them in real life under indoor's lighting
In doing these I was very particular in aiming for proper white balance and choosing middle of the day perfect sunshine in the south of France to ensure the best possible accuracy, and am glad that this has been confirmed.

Seeing Chloé next to a pink person and suntanned people was very interesting -
normal_DSCF5221colourcorrected.jpg
normal_DSCF5221colourcorrected.jpg (82.47 KiB) Viewed 2781 times
although bear in mind that the sand was possibly a little yellower than this.

Photos I've seen of the new brown colour seem to present themselves as very dark.

Chloé presents herself well in sunshine but in cloudy weather or shade is a shade too blue or grey. Photos I've seen of the Asian colour come out well and I have two heads acquired in error in the Asian yellow shade: they are very close to the lPink in intensity.

Photographically I think it's better to err on the lighter side.

Remember also that DS applies orange or red shading subtly on the body bringing a tone darker. In view of that, the asian colour is going to look quite close to some of the lighter tanned colours on the beach and you can always ask Steven or John to apply extra attention to shading.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

DS Doll Europe
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by DS Doll Europe »

Hi Pixie,

for the Brown skin tone, you might want to have a look at http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 30#p790330. It shows a DS168 under various lightning conditions. The Yellow skin tone also changes with the light, but the changes are less drastic. The least changes has LPink.

Greetings,
Sandro

Andyburt123
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Andyburt123 »

Awesome Dolls, I like the lightest skin tone. Always been attracted to pale skin girls.

Pixie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pixie »

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know if those samples are available to buy? When you're paying so much for a doll, a little extra cost to get some colour samples could be worth it.

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

I will say lighting makes the biggest difference in how the skin looks. With the fluorescent lights the pink skin looks very light but in the warmer lights from Incandescent this skin looks much more yellow. Although I like dark and tan skin I feel that light skin is probably the best choice for me because I don't like tan all the time. It is also possible to use tannins to darken the skin as others have shown before. So for me the safe bet is to stick with DS light pink
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

dogfather

Post by dogfather »

Pixie wrote:Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know if those samples are available to buy? When you're paying so much for a doll, a little extra cost to get some colour samples could be worth it.
email Steven at DS and he can arrange it for you
that's how I've got mine before I've placed my order (actually I've only just received update from him that my doll is completed and ready to ship :D )

DS Doll Europe
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by DS Doll Europe »

I've just added more comparison images for LPink and Yellow at http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 12#p811012. Hope it helps.

Sandro

Ddwyerstar
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Ddwyerstar »

The first doll I ordered is the 168+ with Penny head and brown skin and am more than pleased with the skin color in photos, here are few examples
Attachments
IMG_2004.JPG
IMG_2004.JPG (1.38 MiB) Viewed 2473 times
IMG_1979.JPG
IMG_1979.JPG (1.38 MiB) Viewed 2473 times
IMG_1980.JPG
IMG_1980.JPG (1.62 MiB) Viewed 2473 times
DS 163 pink skin, brown eyes, Kayla AKA "Inara"
DS 163 pink skin, closed eye WM head 59 AKA "Skylar"
DS 163 pink skin, ORdoll head 088 AKA "Sabrina"
DS 163 pink skin, Jiaxin head AKA "Allie"
MY DOLL ALBLUM http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14604