exdollofficial.com

Tight vs Loose Joints for DS 168+

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

ErrorNull

Tight vs Loose Joints for DS 168+

Post by ErrorNull »

I'm planning on buying my first doll by the end of this year. I've researched many manufacturers and have narrowed my selection to the DS 168+ body. At this time, I'm looking to gather more insight regarding tight vs loose joints. I intend to have this doll mainly for fun time in bed and not much posing for photography. However there are certain positions that i'm wondering if loose joints will support like...

- doggy style while supporting herself on elbows
- lying on stomach while up on elbows and head up
- cowgirl or reverse cowgirl
- seated on bed and back against headboard
- seated position on bed w/out leaning on support(?)

If loose joints are unable to support this, I will consider tight joints and be happy to allow it time (hopefully just several months?) to loosen to the desired point. Also with loose joints, how loose is the neck? Will her head stay upright on it's own while seated upright? And, will her head remain elevated in doggy position, or will it droop down?

Lastly, will loose joints get even more loose with age? or is the metal skeleton already at its maximum possible looseness? Thanks for any clarification on this. I really enjoy the big community here.

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Tight vs Loose Joints for DS 168+

Post by von_Shredhead »

Hi ErrorNull,

I don't have the 168, but I have the 145 with loose joints and here are her capabilities :
- doggy style while supporting herself on elbows - Not without you helping support her too.
- lying on stomach while up on elbows and head up - Yes
- cowgirl or reverse cowgirl - Yes
- seated on bed and back against headboard - Yes
- seated position on bed w/out leaning on support(?) - No

Also with loose joints, how loose is the neck?
Neck joint, shoulder joints (for up/down/front/back rotation NOT arm lifting), spine/back joint, wrists and ankles are all tight like a tight jointed doll. Legs, knees, arms, elbows and hips are all loose.

Lastly, will loose joints get even more loose with age?
I have not noticed any additional loosening after more than a year. Joints are pretty loose from factory already ...and very very smooth in movement ... not one bit of sloppiness at all.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Von
Von's Doll Album - Very outdated and in need of updating.
Nina's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Lila's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Heather's Thread - 4Woods Allure
Sativa's Thread - Virgin Rose Kelu
Naomi's Thread - 1AM WM125

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

ErrorNull

Post by ErrorNull »

Thanks von_Shredhead for the clarification. This helps me tremendously. Makes lots of sense that the neck, shoulder, back, wrists and ankles are still tight on a loose jointed doll.. glad that it's done that way. What is your opinion on hands in regards to bones vs no bones?

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

ErrorNull wrote:What is your opinion on hands in regards to bones vs no bones?
I have two DS girls with finger bones, I prefer them because the fingers don't tend to wiggle distractingly.
There are no finger pokes in either doll, one is third hand from 2013 and the other is a soft formula 2015.
Jiayi

guyfox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by guyfox »

If you want to hold hands and/or interlock fingers, I'd recommend bones for a bit more realism.

Dees Man
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: DownUnder with Sweet Dee & Nikki and also MaDee, Ally, Ashley, Fubi and Kelly

Post by Dees Man »

G'day ErrorNull

I think you will be more than happy with the 168+ as I am. I'm not sure about loose joints as the 3 different brands I have are all tight jointed. Stiff joints are not just about posing for photos. Read this for a short story about foreplay. It's in my thread about my 168+. That will also answer the question about finger bones and what she can hold :whistle: Flip back a couple of pages in that thread as I have posted several times about my opinion on tight joints.

Either way, you won't regret the beauty of a DS girl. It's really all up to your own imagination. Good luck.

DM

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

Both my DS Dolls have finger wires/bones and I've had no problems. The latest DS Dolls have major improvements in the hand skeleton design that allow much more articulation and precision when posing.

guyfox and jiayi also make very valid points to consider.

Cheers,
Von
Von's Doll Album - Very outdated and in need of updating.
Nina's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Lila's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Heather's Thread - 4Woods Allure
Sativa's Thread - Virgin Rose Kelu
Naomi's Thread - 1AM WM125

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Rhomaahl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rhomaahl »

My loose 160+ can sit upright without back/head rest. Just have to have the legs just far enough apart, and the torso leaning forward just a bit.

Without that slight lean-forward, she'll slowly lie back down.

If the legs are too close together, will roll/fall over to her left or right, this would happen with a tight skeleton too.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

von_Shredhead wrote:The latest DS Dolls have major improvements in the hand skeleton design that allow much more articulation and precision when posing.
Yes - I noticed this on my 158+ and it's good to see others noting this and how helpful it is.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

ErrorNull

Post by ErrorNull »

thanks for the input everyone. I've decided on the hand bones. there looks to be more advantages over the few possible negatives. I'll checkout your foreplay post Dees man. the 168+ is exquisite!

freezenator

Post by freezenator »

Hello ErrorNull.
I have happen to have a tight 168 DS Doll with Jiayi head. As for the joints, I had the doll for a few months now and the joints don't loosen from excessive use. They will stay in whatever pose you have the doll in until you adjust the joints. However, be careful how you position the joints in relation to the skin. Sometimes the TPE gets out of place, resulting in body parts such as the knee to not be in the right place. That is my experience. Other than that, I am very pleased with the company. They usually take no more than 4 weeks to make the doll. Pretty fast. Good luck.

INFORMATIONS