exdollofficial.com

Mini Doll broken spine repair

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Re: Mini Doll broken spine repair

Post by LoneRanger »

I read these posts and it just makes me glad I sent her to an expert. I am also shure her trip home will be uneventful as once again she will be packed by an expert.

And I do miss her. Just one week in my home and she is irreplaceable.
Attachments
Krystal Snow.JPG
Krystal Snow.JPG (1.93 MiB) Viewed 902 times
L✰neR✯nger

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

hollows+fentiman wrote:I think it's difficult to work out whether the joint moves just by using your fingers, as the doll body and limbs provide more leverage.
Overtightened joint + leverage is what causes plastic to break from the weakest spot. I think I loosen that pelvis joint a little (test posing her before closing her up) and replace nuts with lock-nuts too so that joints don't go out of adjustment.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

LoneRanger, may your lovely Krystal Snow remain intact! She is beautiful.
I think we're all becoming involuntary experts on these dolls now! I'm not sure if many of us have the option of sending a doll to a local 'expert' for repair!
Pumpster, you're right, it certainly needs testing in situ before sealing up as you don't want to find the joint is too loose or too tight afterwards!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

Yea, I know. I was sort of hoping that some expert would step forward and say. I am now the official DS Mini Doll Restoration Society. That they gobbled up all the broken and unwanted minis and began a full fledged rebuild and sold restored ones on the side.

It is funny how we in North America did the field testing, stress tested everything from delivery, customs and usage, even repairs, and we are not allowed to buy what our investment purchased.

Not like there weren't a lot of threads with all kinds of suggestions, like nylon and pins and other things of that nature.

Walk with me said the Walrus.
L✰neR✯nger

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I payed for my first DS mini in the UK on 21st March so I'm not sure about it just being North America being experimented on! If the dolls are still being sold in Europe I wonder if the packaging or carriers are any different to what we have experienced?

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

Probably not, just feels that way. Need to whine, maybe they will get sick of me and sell me 1 or 2 more to go away.
L✰neR✯nger

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I like your attitude though! Keep plugging and perhaps you might get somewhere! I feel like I want to give up sometimes. It's you guys that keep me going!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

:glou:

to steal a line from LOR

"You shall not pass"
Attachments
DSCN1807.JPG
DSCN1807.JPG (2.01 MiB) Viewed 870 times
L✰neR✯nger

mahoro

Post by mahoro »

Pumpster wrote:I finally managed to get the damn threads out from the torso, but a bit violent way as I was out of options. Screw extractor kit didn't help because drill bits didn't have sharp enough threads so it didn't "bite" the slippery plastic. I ended up drilling and tapping thread remains out and damaged torso threads in the process, now new piece doesn't seem to screw in, at least nicely. What next, re-threading kit? :D I'm starting to have nice set of tools already thanks to this doll! I suppose it would be way too good luck if this plastic piece has some kind of standard thread.

I also noticed that the other half of the spine joint that I left there bolted to the pelvis (making upper torso move forward/back) doesn't move at all no matter how I try to move it with my fingers, so DS guys have definately tightened it too much and I suspect that is at least one contributing factor to this breakdown.
Yes that thread is a a B*****D to get out but what I did was leave a small amount of the thread in when I was drilling so as to try not to damage the torso and when it's thin enough you can unscrew it using a screwdriver but my spine joint still ended up being tight so I must have still managed to damage the threads somehow and that's on top of the damage I did to her waist.

My spine joint couldn't be moved by hand when I opened my doll up but I wouldn't say it was over tightened as when I put some grips on it it moved freely plus you have to take into consideration the weight of the upper torso and its levering force so the bolt would need to be quite tight to keep her back ridged plus I tightened the bolt that holds the other joint to the pelvis as when I replaced the spine joint her back still felt lose but she feels ok now I've tightened up that joint and I am amazed she's still in one piece considering how much she gets played with so the problem basically is that DS used cheap S**T plastic in a skeleton that otherwise looks well engineered and I expected better from a company such as DS as the other dolls I've brought from them were trouble free but now if I hadn't already got an Eva on order which will be getting the new skeleton I wouldn't buy from them again.

Mahoro

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

mahoro wrote:... I am amazed she's still in one piece considering how much she gets played with so the problem basically is that DS used cheap S**T plastic in a skeleton that otherwise looks well engineered and I expected better from a company such as DS as the other dolls I've brought from them were trouble free but now if I hadn't already got an Eva on order which will be getting the new skeleton I wouldn't buy from them again.

Mahoro
Pretty much, Some accountant who should be taken out back and hanged was like

"Yaknow what we should have go with out highly engineered skeleton, high quality silicone, high quality wig, high quality clothing, high quality sculpt and high quality website?.."
"What?"
"The worlds cheapest, lowest quality plastic used for the skeleton. We'll save DOZENS OF DOLLARS on our $900 doll!"
"BRILLIANT! give this man a raise! But what if it breaks?"
"Ahhh, We can give em some extra low quality customer service to go with the low quality plastic so we don't lose money, instead of our typical high quality service"
"Double brilliant!"

In some ways, It would be less upsetting if there was other flaws in the DS-mini and I could just not like it and call it a poor quality doll, return it and get a refund. But its SO AWESOME except for the skeleton I can't help but like it and want an intact one.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

mahoro

Post by mahoro »

DarkOne wrote:
mahoro wrote:... I am amazed she's still in one piece considering how much she gets played with so the problem basically is that DS used cheap S**T plastic in a skeleton that otherwise looks well engineered and I expected better from a company such as DS as the other dolls I've brought from them were trouble free but now if I hadn't already got an Eva on order which will be getting the new skeleton I wouldn't buy from them again.

Mahoro
Pretty much, Some accountant who should be taken out back and hanged was like

"Yaknow what we should have go with out highly engineered skeleton, high quality silicone, high quality wig, high quality clothing, high quality sculpt and high quality website?.."
"What?"
"The worlds cheapest, lowest quality plastic used for the skeleton. We'll save DOZENS OF DOLLARS on our $900 doll!"
"BRILLIANT! give this man a raise! But what if it breaks?"
"Ahhh, We can give em some extra low quality customer service to go with the low quality plastic so we don't lose money, instead of our typical high quality service"
"Double brilliant!"

In some ways, It would be less upsetting if there was other flaws in the DS-mini and I could just not like it and call it a poor quality doll, return it and get a refund. But its SO AWESOME except for the skeleton I can't help but like it and want an intact one.
You have pretty much summed this problem up for all of us with injured dolls.

One thing that really pains me is how beautiful these dolls look and feel and then to have such major flaws under the skin is such a shame.

I was surprised when I put my two Eve dolls side by side as I thought they would just look like clones but they do look very different in a good way as ones skin is slightly lighter than the other plus the faces to me look totally different I'm not sure why but it may be the fact that they have different color eyes and subtle differences with their makeup as my original Eve who I named Lara has a more mature and serious look to her compared to my new girl who has a more cute and playful look which makes me really sad knowing that she my never look the same again after I've cut her open and assessed the extent of the damage :(

I do hope DS manage to resolve these issues as we both have doll orders on hold awaiting the new skeletal design and I do really want to see an Eva in person.

Mahoro

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I don't think you'll be disappointed with an Eva doll. Like your Eve dolls, my two Evas are totally different in their expressions. Eva2 is far more impish in her looks! I got a second pair of eyes with her this time but I can't bring myself to even think about changing her now!
I can see why they've used plastic, as I don't think you'd probably ever get a metal skeleton doll to look or move the way these DS minis do. It's such a damn shame they didn't test them thoroughly before sending them out into the wide world!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

hollows+fentiman wrote:I don't think you'll be disappointed with an Eva doll. Like your Eve dolls, my two Evas are totally different in their expressions. Eva2 is far more impish in her looks! I got a second pair of eyes with her this time but I can't bring myself to even think about changing her now!
I can see why they've used plastic, as I don't think you'd probably ever get a metal skeleton doll to look or move the way these DS minis do. It's such a damn shame they didn't test them thoroughly before sending them out into the wide world!
I think you could get a metal skeleton to do it, but the machining cost for all the parts would be very expensive.

I would like to see a design that lends itself more to mass injection molding for lower costs. THAT said however, aluminum, brass, iron and even steel alloys CAN be molded! There is nothing saying the doll can't have injection molded aluminum, brass or steel hinges along with hollow plastic bones. As the bones could be bigger, they could be insanely strong with very little material since a large diameter tube is stronger then a small diameter tube of the same weight.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

I feel like I could cry now after having the spine joint fixed, it was complete pain. I also replaced the joint attached to pelvis (just in case) and then noticed that new torso joint and pelvis joint didn't fit together anymore for some reason so I had to file them a bit. Would have been wise to double check that while joints weren't inside the doll yet... And those brass washers, ARGH. I tightened nuts just enough so that doll can hold poses but upper body twisting movement feels a bit too floppy. I had to carve the joint threads a bit with carpet knife so that it went into the torso smoothly. Oh well, at least the thread inside the torso isn't stuck anymore. Now the only thing left is to glue the silicone and hope that end result looks at least half decent as edges of the cut may have suffered somewhat during the spine battle.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Well done Pumpster and I feel your pain! For some reason my emails to John at DS don't seem to be getting through so I still have no news on my new parts. With your experience of fitting I'll double check before closing up as well!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

INFORMATIONS