exdollofficial.com

Mini Doll broken spine repair

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

madshagger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Mini Doll broken spine repair

Post by madshagger »

So... she broke again.

This time where the new spine attaches to the hip. Maybe I didn't notice fractures while it was apart, or maybe I tightened the nut too much putting it back together. I only lifter her by the torso and 1 leg and it broke. The plastic material is just rubbish.

To all: Don't bother with the repair. Get a replacement or a refund!

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Elfie wrote:
DarkOne wrote:
Elfie wrote:Does anyone know the way to remove this pin-like connector, then put it back on?

Appreciate your help!
You have to take the entire thigh apart to do so, You can't just replace the knee tab, especially can't put the new knee tab into generation 1 thighs because they are solid inside.

I recommend just replacing the entire thigh with the new one. Its nylon so you can NOT glue it.
I asked John at DS for the new part (for the third time). He still doesn't understand about my problem so I re-stated to him again that I need the foot part as well in order to fix her because of the unremovable pin-like connector (shown in these photo) that appears to be used to connect between the foot part and the lower leg part as well. Since it cannot be removed, I will need to have the new part; the lower leg that comes already connected with the foot part. If that pin connector can be removed, I just remove the gear-looking piece (the top piece in the photo) that was broken inside Eva and replace it with this new one.
I don't get how you have a problem. You just need to undo the 2 bolts to undo the thigh from the knee? the 2 bolts that hold the side plates in.

You can't insert the gear like piece into a thigh without removing the entire thigh anyway. just replace the entire thigh.

Show pictures of your issue please.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

madshagger, can I suggest we discuss your problem on the 'back surgery' forum? I've just written a reply there.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

madshagger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by madshagger »

hollows+fentiman wrote:madshagger, can I suggest we discuss your problem on the 'back surgery' forum? I've just written a reply there.
Yes, I replied there... just wanted to inform anyone else reading this threat the repair is not worthwhile.

I'd say to anyone contemplating a repair, not to bother with the expense (if you are paying for part and shipping etc.) time of frustration, as it's not likely to last. I hope everyone who's had issues is getting a replacement or at least a partial refund.

mahoro

Post by mahoro »

madshagger wrote:So... she broke again.

This time where the new spine attaches to the hip. Maybe I didn't notice fractures while it was apart, or maybe I tightened the nut too much putting it back together. I only lifter her by the torso and 1 leg and it broke. The plastic material is just rubbish.

To all: Don't bother with the repair. Get a replacement or a refund!
Sorry to hear your doll has broken again :cry:

I'd say to everyone go for a partial refund as the replacement doll will more than likely arrive broken like my 2nd Eve or will probably break within a week.

When I get chance to start the spine and pelvis repair on my 2nd doll I will post some more information up and will also be sure to check for stress fractures on surrounding joints while she's on the operating table.

Has anyone attempted replacing the pelvis yet?

Mahoro

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Mahoro, I've just cut across about an inch above my Eva1's crack in her bum! I've made so many cuts already I thought another won't be so bad! Anyway, I think it can be done from there rather than from the side because the back of the pelvis has grooves in it so the silicone from the moulding process has filled these grooves. I think you can only 'peel' this out from the back. You'll also have to then cut down to where the thigh meets the end of the pelvis but at least you can see where you're cutting to!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

Marst0n
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Marst0n »

The spine on mine broke again a while ago,I already fixed it once. They need to make a stronger skeleton. if they do, I hope everyone who got a damage doll gets a replacement or discount for a new one.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Hi Marst0n! I presume you've been following the various forums on this. Did you use SilPoxy to seal her up again after the first operation?

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

Marst0n wrote:The spine on mine broke again a while ago,I already fixed it once. They need to make a stronger skeleton. if they do, I hope everyone who got a damage doll gets a replacement or discount for a new one.
Give more information folks, where did it break, pelvis or did the replaced joint break again? Did you tighten the bolt much? I noticed that the spine joint was a bit stiff on my doll before it broke so I guess it's better to leave it a teeny bit too loose than too tight.

madshagger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by madshagger »

Pumpster wrote:
Marst0n wrote:The spine on mine broke again a while ago,I already fixed it once. They need to make a stronger skeleton. if they do, I hope everyone who got a damage doll gets a replacement or discount for a new one.
Give more information folks, where did it break, pelvis or did the replaced joint break again? Did you tighten the bolt much? I noticed that the spine joint was a bit stiff on my doll before it broke so I guess it's better to leave it a teeny bit too loose than too tight.
First break was the threaded section into the upper torso, second break was the spine joint at the pelvis.

Pelvis replacement just isn't worth hacking the doll to pieces IMO.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

As I said before, I'm going to try to replace the pelvis in Eva1 when I get the parts and if it goes well I'll do the same for Eva2 because so far, touch plastic, that's the only break......so far.......

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

Marst0n
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Marst0n »

Pumpster wrote:
The threaded section that connects the waist/hips to the torso. I think that's the part that everyone's been having trouble with.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

Marst0n wrote:The threaded section that connects the waist/hips to the torso. I think that's the part that everyone's been having trouble with.
Was the joint hollow or metal pin version you put in? I guess we can rule out shipping damage and plastic is simply weak and can't handle normal use.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

I finally managed to get the damn threads out from the torso, but a bit violent way as I was out of options. Screw extractor kit didn't help because drill bits didn't have sharp enough threads so it didn't "bite" the slippery plastic. I ended up drilling and tapping thread remains out and damaged torso threads in the process, now new piece doesn't seem to screw in, at least nicely. What next, re-threading kit? :D I'm starting to have nice set of tools already thanks to this doll! I suppose it would be way too good luck if this plastic piece has some kind of standard thread.

I also noticed that the other half of the spine joint that I left there bolted to the pelvis (making upper torso move forward/back) doesn't move at all no matter how I try to move it with my fingers, so DS guys have definately tightened it too much and I suspect that is at least one contributing factor to this breakdown.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

When you watch the DS repair videos, they don't use a torque wrench so who knows how tight they might or might not be! I think it's difficult to work out whether the joint moves just by using your fingers, as the doll body and limbs provide more leverage. However, I still think I will replace the nuts with lock-nuts so they won't loosen or tighten as the joint moves.

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

INFORMATIONS